ego-t_white.png

ego-t_inside.png

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
nice! I'm a little clueless when it comes to the rules of egoworld. Is a 'standard' ego a 510? Is that the one that takes the t-tanks? and your passthrough, is that a 510?

Dan...an eGo is the next step up from a 'standard' 510! It's a fatter battery, which lasts me all day! The eGo has 510 threading so it's compatible with any and all 510 hardware. There's a special eGo atty called an eGo-T atty for use with the 't' tanks! I can't answer the passthrough question...I'm sure someone else can!

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Danno....what's the trick to getting this eGo T to wick? I still have my old Joye eGo-T atty and tanks, and never had a problem with them, as far as wicking goes. Yes, I did puncture the hole first in the tank using the atty!

Did you flush them first by blowing out the primer form the battry end so juice can be cleaned at the opening at top. the primer sometimes gunksa them up and interferes with wicking until its blown out.

jazdale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Jackson, MI
Actually, the primer has very little to do with wicking. It just tastes bad.

To wick correctly, the top of the wick should be about even with the bottom of the angled tip.
If the wick sits too high, you will get a burnt taste.
If the wick sits too low, you will flood it out and not get any vapor.

vicki at cignot.com did a great job in using oversized props to show how to correct the wick issue.

I've become adept at pulling the angled tip out of the cone because the wick was too low and needed to be pushed back up.

sorry if you consider this a hi-jack. Just trying to help.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA

To wick correctly, the top of the wick should be about even with the bottom of the angled tip.

vicki at cignot.com did a great job in using oversized props to show how to correct the wick issue.

I've become adept at pulling the angled tip out of the cone because the wick was too low and needed to be pushed back up.

glad to have the tips here for everyone.

jazdale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Jackson, MI
If it's leaking so bad that juice runs down your arm, my first guess is that the tank isn't fully seated into the atomizer cone. The first time you put the tank on, the piercing needle needs to pierce a hole in the tank - so it takes a little pressure to do that, then push a little harder until it "snaps" in place.

If the wick is too far down in the atty cone, it can possibly be pulled up with a needle or syringe.
If that doesn't work, you will need to pull the atty plate out.

This can be done with a dental tool that has a small amount of metal at the end to work as a 'hook'. Work the hook under the plate and pull up. It's just a friction fit, so it will pop out eventually.

Another way is to use hemostatic forceps or needle-nose pliers. Don't pull on the angled tip of the atty! The jaws of the hemos should be on the flat part of atty's base plate . Squeeze the hemos and pull up.

First time is scary, then you realize it's no big deal.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Did you flush them first by blowing out the primer form the battry end so juice can be cleaned at the opening at top. the primer sometimes gunksa them up and interferes with wicking until its blown out.

There was little to NO primer in either of the atty's I received. In fact, the packaging they were in was open and not sealed like any other atty I used to purchase! I am NOT new to atty's and blowing out the primer....other atty's I used to receive from a different supplier would come sealed with the primer leaking from the atty, so I knew there was plenty of primer to be blown out. These two were pretty much bone dry!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org

Even with my reading glasses and magnifier on top of this, I can hardly see the wick under a bright light. What I can see looks black....no other way to describe it!

When I pop the full tank on top of the atty, all I get is air....no nothing else!

This is officially my last experience with eGo-T tanks...I'm done with them!

jazdale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Jackson, MI
MsBree,
If this is your out-of-box experience - then I agree with you.

Mine worked pretty well for about 4 days, then I had to start dicking with it (I thought of several words to use...this one truly fits).
The more you .... with it, the more you understand the cause to the symptoms.

Its been about a month for me. I've had my days of no flavor, no vapor, flooding, and no draw.
I've also played with carts, and drippers.
I'm not hung up on the perfect vape - just looking for some consistency. I've been seriously considering a bottom feeder from old goat.

Between carts and tanks. You're either going to spend your time filling carts or cleaning tank attys.
Same difference.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Here's a link to the video for adjusting your wick.
YouTube - eGo-t wick adjustment

Thanks jaz! She sure did a great job putting this video together! Not to hijack this thread, but I had purchased my original eGo-t tank system from Vicki....first atty went DOA after 5 days! Unfortunately, I had already read too many negative reviews, so she allowed me to return the DOA atty and another one that I never opened! I did keep one that was sorta working!

I honestly have to say that this is just way too much work for me, and I feel so awful for all the newbies, brand spankin' new to e-cigs, to start with an eGo tank system...the odds of one of them working like it's supposed to, right out of the box, is a rarity!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
MsBree,
If this is your out-of-box experience - then I agree with you.

Mine worked pretty well for about 4 days, then I had to start dicking with it (I thought of several words to use...this one truly fits).
The more you .... with it, the more you understand the cause to the symptoms.

Its been about a month for me. I've had my days of no flavor, no vapor, flooding, and no draw.
I've also played with carts, and drippers.
I'm not hung up on the perfect vape - just looking for some consistency. I've been seriously considering a bottom feeder from old goat.

Between carts and tanks. You're either going to spend your time filling carts or cleaning tank attys.
Same difference.

I totally agree with you jaz....I'm just looking for consistency too! I started vaping with cartos....not carts....and these days, my consistent vape has been with the Flux's/Clearomizers from GotVapes....LOVE 'EM!!!!!!

Emmitt

Jan 10, 2011
Westminster, MD
I don't know if its a trend but both of my new Ego T attys came dry as well. One is working fine, the other is a very hard draw with a burnt flavor. I've tried priming it six ways from Sunday to no avail. I'm hoping the new Vortex brings some consistency to the game but until then I'm with MsBree, I'll be sticking to my gotvapes clearos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread