The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ego T Problems

Discussion in 'Eastmall-ecigarette' started by coinmaster, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. coinmaster

coinmaster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    OK, I spoke to soon ... after the first tank of liquid was used up, performance has dropped away to the point where I want to chuck it in the bin (seriously).

Upon researching this on Google, it seems that there are quite often wicking problems with the Ego T. I came across one forum post with a fix for the wick - basically removing it and replacing with some silica rope wrapped in a Lipton teabag ... err, I haven't even had this product for a day - I see no reason why I should have to a) rip my atomizer apart and b) invest in silica rope and Lipton tea bags, just to get it working correctly - would you agree?

Either way, I decided to pull the needle plate out of one of my atties to see if I could push the wick up a bit further - hello? The wick seems to be a completely different design to those discussed elsewhere, so no amount of silica rope or Lipton tea bags is going to work anyway.

I suspect my atomizer is flooding - remove it and blow out (excessive amounts) liquid, replace tank letting it sit for 5 minutes or so - weak as vapor, like worse than my original Ruyan 801 that I bought in early 2008. Try changing tanks - same issue.

So, given that we can't use the mod described elsewhere (replacing wick), what am I to do with my new Ego T from Eastmall?

Right now I am feeling very disappointed about this - I was so looking forward to less messing around dripping etc. I would appreciate any input from Eastmall or others using an Ego T purchased from Eastmall.

2. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Coinmaster

The only advice ----

contact Selina, - customer service and arrange a return replacement ---

ask what is the problem, and see if it is just a one off, or a real problem with them all...

I have not got one, never seen one in real life,.

3. Doomed!

Doomed! Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Denver
    If it's flooding, you'll know it right away because you'll have juice all over your fingers. These leak real bad when they flood. Are you getting dry hits? Gurgling? What juice are you using?

4. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeah, you're right, it's flooding ... and I can't seem to stop that from happening - new tank, same issue, different atty, same issue. I'm not getting any liquid leaking out whilst it's assembled, but there is liquid all over the tank when I pull it out, and when I blow out the atty there's heaps of liquid.

I've just tried my third and last atty and it doesn't appear to be wicking properly, so I'm just getting dry hits with primer. Maybe I'll just let it sit for an hour and see if anything gets through.

My experience thus far is that either the liquid goes through too quickly, flooding the atty, or it doesn't go through quickly enough.

I'm using the Dekang Green Mint liquid from Eastmall (PG).

I'm a bit concerned that the design of the wick in this Ego T doesn't seem to resemble any of the other descriptions I have seen online.

So far, very discouraging ...

5. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks Di, if I can't get it to work, I'll ask for a refund. Unfortunately this time, I'm guessing that the problem is probably with your entire stock - like the LR510 atty issue a while back, a bad batch, or a faulty design. Quite disappointing that Eastmall would offer a product like this to their customers without testing it first :(

6. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    he did test it
    he showed me on web cam
    it was great when he showed it to me,
    I watched him smoke it for 1/2 hour, it looked great -
    he said he was on the third day using it ---------

I dont know what went wrong --

it did seem ok when he tested and showed me -------

aaaaaaaahh well -----------------

7. Antoly

Antoly Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Maynard MA, USA
    I used ego-t for 1.5 months with attys from 4-5 vendors. and yes, one cheap kind of them which I've bought for $6 a piece, has all these problems. It has different wick design, wick is made of metal mesh and connects not to the coil but to the metal mesh surroundings of the coil. So after you take off the needle plate you can't put it back, sorry. And they have a strong chemical taste from the beginning, which can be eliminated by soaking in alcohol. After that they floods from the very beginning. I think the design is just defective. My advice, order more ego-ts from different vendor. replacing the wick with the self-made one as in simplecCJ wick mod can help but it's not a simple task. I am experimenting with this right now and still couldn't get one working like new for at least three more days, hours in the best case.
    In regards to these my experience is like that: perfect on the first day, pretty good on a second one, pretty bad by the end of the third one. I tried all known ways of cleaning, nothing works perfect. So in average each $14 atty works for 4-5-6 days until it's completely dead, usually burnt out on a dry burn.

8. Doomed!

Doomed! Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Denver
    Hey Coinmaster. Try this on your atties. Worked like a charm for me.

9. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*

Doomed ---

Thankyou for this very good and helpful tip

10. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hi guys, thanks for your suggestion, but as Antoly above mentioned, this Eastmall Ego T is a completely different design, so the wick adjustment method in this video is not applicable. Instead of being a bunch of silica rope attached with a metal mesh cap, the version sold by Eastmall just has a metal mesh wick which goes all the way up the piercing tube .... it's kinda obvious to me that this isn't a reliable or effective design. I feel like I've been sold a sub-standard, cheap copy of the real thing.

I'm very disappointed and will be contacting Selina for a refund.

11. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gosh, I don't like to be so negative, so may I add a positive? My EM Riva 510 with LR510 atty and metal drip tip is by far and away the single best pv setup I have owned to date. The current atty has been performing absolutely top notch for I don't even know how long - with virtually NO maintenance. I can't fault it at all :)

12. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    coinmaster,

it is not a problem,

all comments are welcomed here as long as they are polite and have validity------

good or bad, or even enquiring --------

I have no experience with this model,

I have not owned one, nor seen one in real life, just the photos
    and a trial on webcam,

so I cannot comment on the makeup or the performance,

other than what I have seen in the aforementioned cases.

I agree --- if you are dissatisfied,

you should ask for a refund.

thankyou for being a good friend,
    and a loyal customer Coin, ---- huggggzzzzz.

13. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I'll always try my best to be polite Di :))

I have been in touch with Selina and we'll see what the outcome is. I'm not going anywhere else for my PV supplies - Eastmall has been an excellent supplier to me for the last couple of years, and on the rare occasion there has been an issue it's always been resolved to my satisfaction.

14. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    You are a good man Coin,

many remember us and love us when we are doing great and giving them superb pricing and values,

but they forget us as soon as there is a hic-cup,
    or they encounter a problem ------

as you say Eastmall has always resolved the issues with their customers,
    it make take a little longer when the person on the other end is not fluent in the english language,

but that is where a little patience and understanding comes in...........

15. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hi Di, agreed on all counts. I try and keep my communication with EM nice and simple to try and avoid communication issues due to language differences :) Selina is doing a great job though ...

I'll keep you guys posted as to the outcome of this issue.

16. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    tHANKYOU COINMASTER --

I find that many of these issues are resolved easily once the issue is understood on both sides,
    many times the issue is of misunderstanding --

and so with patience

and short but to the point explanations

no frills,
    it can be resolved.

it is pointless giving a blow by blow description of how you received the shipment
    and how the postal service sux, the weather on the day ---
    and where your dog sleeps at night etc etc

all this does is cause total confusion........

the issue needs to be stated as simply as possible ----

eg - my name on forum is xxxxxxx
    my shipping address is -- Will smith - 210 wild road machachoochetts, USA
    my order number is xxxxxxx

I bought xxx attys

they do not fire up

I need replacement please

how do I proceed ?????

then include a copy of your order / shipping note.

17. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    LOL :D

That's pretty much exactly my email to Selina ... and my replacements are on their way to me now :)

18. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    hahahaha yesssssy -- I just love that name ----

MACH A CHOO CHETTS

HAHAHAHAAHAHHA I love it ----- lol

I live in a world of my own, and I love making my own words,

it tickles me to do so ------- lol

yes, keep it short and simple, so much easier -----

glad you are getting your replacements hun -- smiles ----

19. coinmaster

Sep 17, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    And now, I am quite unhappy to report, it seems that Selina at Eastmall Customer Service has decided that after some 2-3 years of my loyalty to the company, I no longer exist.

Di, could you perhaps have a chat to David about this the next time you are in communication with him. It seems such a shame that when I first started dealing with Eastmall, David would respond almost instantly if I ever had a problem. Things like this would be resolved (and replacement parts on my doorstep) within days - not months like this.

Now, I have a serious problem with a sub-standard, defective product and I've been trying to get some kind of resolution since 12th May. I have had replies from Selina along the lines of:

First email: We've updated all the atomizers and now they're all good, where shall we send your replacement parts?

Second email (after I provided address, and then followed it up again almost a month after my first email): We're moving office, and will check with shipping and get back to you. That was June 3rd.

I emailed again on June 20 (9 days ago) and still have not received a reply.

I feel that I have been more than patient enough, but honestly, I can only stand so much ...

Di, I'm sure you will agree that this is not good enough, and will take me seriously when I state that I WILL take my ongoing business elsewhere if this is the kind of customer support Eastmall gives to someone who has been so loyal for so long.

Over the years I have purchased one (or more) of almost everything in your shop. I have DPV9's, Rivas, Indulgences, Sticks, all manner of atties, connections, a drawer full of liquids ... ALL from Eastmall. And, over that period I have purchased NOTHING from ANY other PV supplier.

I don't have a lot of money, so for me, every Eastmall purchase is like Christmas - so you can imagine my despair at being sold a product which in all reality, should have been awesome ... only to have it turn out that it's only good as a doorstop, and not to get any resolution. I feel like Eastmall have taken my money and decided "so long sucker - hahaha!!!" ... only I'm not laughing.

20. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Yes, I do agree with you Coin,

this is not good enough,
    you have been a good friend and loyal customer for a long time with us,

I am not happy with this at all,

I will talk to David myself on this -- I will get him in staff chat and talk to him of it --

I will come to you im PM, with my results. thankyou for your friendship. Di ------- Huggggzzzzzz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.