Ego T Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... I have to come back to this thread and advise that I just had a phone call from David Yang regarding my issue - all the way from China to New Zealand. Thank you Di - you obviously gave him the hard word on this one!

I am amazed really, that he stated a few times that he knows me .... and I recall that I was referred to Eastmall about 2 years ago when David was hands-on running the company (before all the growth happened :) He mentioned the person who referred me, so I know that he's pretty keen on his company giving good service if he's able to recall individual clients like that.

So, David was very keen to resolve this issue for me, and has promised that my replacement parts will be with me within the week.

So, I'd like to say thanks Di - you've done good work for me as a customer, and for Eastmall as a forum host! Huggzzz right back at ya :2cool:

I will be sure to post back here regarding how the replacement parts go - I'm hoping that they at least work .... that'd be good!

Last edited:
A quick update. I received the replacement atties yesterday.

The first atty out of the box (1 of three) was D.O.A. - not a great start.

The second atty out of the box works OK (I mean, it gives some vapor), but really not very effective, and after the first tank - similar problems to the last lot - decreased vapor, uncontrollable leaking. Same with the third.

I still believe these are not authentic Ego-T's, the design is different (based on the research I have done), and it really isn't very effective at all - definitely not a product that you could use on an ongoing basis - I'd be very interested to hear the experiences of anyone else who has purchased this kit from Eastmall.

So, thanks for trying, Eastmall, and thanks for making the effort to replace the first lot of atties, but this product simply doesn't perform well enough for me to be at all happy with my purchase. Given that Eastmall have already replaced parts in an effort to solve the problem, I doubt that I would be successful in getting a refund ... what do you think Di? I do feel quite disappointed that I have wasted so much $$ on this ..

I have since placed another order with Eastmall for some Riva LR510 atties and liquid, so I guess I just truck along with my Riva for now.

Seems a bit of a shame - the newest product on offer just doesn't work well enough ... I like to keep my eyes on new products offered by Eastmall, but now I have to be very careful and wait until a product has been tried and tested by a bunch of other EM customers ... :( It's the first time I have purchased a new PV product and found that it is less effective than a previously purchased product ...

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
I also bought an ego-T with EM. I did not have any of those problems. The only problem I did have was that it got hot too quickly until it was impossible to hold. It seems all of the ego-T is surrounded in rubber and most of the heat outlet is around the ring that houses the button. I only use it now with a 510 LR which is a pity cos the ego-T atty gives the most intense taste I've ever had.

Just a quick update, we have a new supplier in NZ of genuine EgoT product, which I have since purchased and am very satisfied with. It's unfortunate that Eastmall were unable or unwilling to solve the problem, but I can confirm now having tried the real deal that there is no comparison in terms of the wicking issue.

I will still purchase my liquids from Eastmall though ... now if I could only get the website to work properly ...

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread