• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo T Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Hey again guys,

When I first saw the eGo T system on youtube I knew it was going to be revolutionary. I knew they would be good but had doubts that it would really have much TH. This put me off from trying it until now, simply because I am a Cisco LR 306 guy and know it would take a great TH to actually impress me.

eGo-T First Impressions

Upon receiving my eGo-T atty, 2 1000 mah eGo-T batts and some tanks I inspected it fully.

Atomizer

The eGo-T atty had a blank cart (not a tank) and was saturated with primer. I blew out as much of the primer as I could (using the blank cart as a mouthpiece) and checked the threading. To my surprise there is only a recessed 510 threading and absolutely no threads tapped into the cone itself. I, for some reason, was expecting it to be threaded just like the stock cone.

Batteries

I ordered 2 1000 mah Mega eGo-T batteries (since I already have a charger) for three reasons; 1) I needed more eGo batts anyway, 2) I wanted an on/off feature, and 3) I wanted a good eGo batt to use LR atties on.
The length of these batts is perfect IMHO. It fits the hand with no problems and no need to hold your pinky "tea and crumpets" style. The on/off is a little finicky but it works. If I hit the button too fast then it simply can't keep up with me so it does take a small amount of learning to get down.

Also, these shipped from NFN in off mode. I am glad I knew about the 5 press on/off first because I might have thought something was wrong with them.

Tanks

These look and function exactly as I expected. I personally own the black tanks because I like the look of it more and have no need to see my juice so far. It's a very simple design and a very easy to use tank compared to, say, a MAP tank which holds more but needs so much maintenance and fiddling. as long as you follow the "Fill almost all the way, leave 1 mm of air for wicking purposes" rule then you are good to go.

Throat Hit and Vapor Production

This was the dealbreaker for me, I want a massive TH and lots of flavor. I have no idea why I have become so picky over the last year (perhaps it is because my taste buds are back and I realized how much I love vaping) but if it doesn't kick like a mule and taste good then I am not interested.

After plugging on a tank and threading the eGo-T atty onto one of my freshly charged mega batts (after letting it sit for about 5 minutes) I took a 5 second pull from the device.

I noticed what I wasn't noticing, and that was the vapor pouring into my mouth. I could maybe get a hint of Cherrywood and that's it (18 mg NFN CW not only because it is awesome but it is a PG/VG mix which is keeping me off of 100% PG). When I vape on a Cisco 306 I know I am vaping for sure because there is noticeable flavor and heat along with the initial 'mouth pull' but I don't get that so much with this system.

Upon inhaling, my eyes nearly bugged out of my head and I started hacking up a lung, lol. Truly these atties have a MUCH better TH than I initially believed. Not quite as good as a Cisco (or even an under amped Cisco) but it is very, very nice.

Official 0-Cisco TH rating is a respectable 7 (10 being Cisco or greater TH) which is phenomenal for a Standard Resistance atomizer. After trying this I know why everyone who owns one raves about it! The flavor is a little diminished but not dratty in the slightest. I really like it and I have finally found THE system that will save me from dripping while I am on the go.

I've tried Boge 510 cartos, 808's, CE2 Clearos and Joye 510 cartos as well and none of them stack up to the eGo-T in any way (at 3.7 volts anyway. I like boges at 5 volts).

In closing, I am very happy with my purchase and short of the atty dying in the next few weeks I will be buying more T atties and Tanks. I will also be back with an update once it is broken in a bit more, I have a bit more experience with it and a new 0-Cisco rating if that changes as well.

Also I don't believe VG will cause a wicking issue for me.

Tanks for reading! ( Instant Drum Roll )

Last edited:

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    Great review! I can't wait for my shipments to arrive. I ordered a test drive build... One 650mah pass-through eGO batt (with the cone, originally for my 510 atty) 1 t-atty and a pack of tanks.

I assume you're filling it with the mouth end down? I can understand leaving a mm or two for the "physics" to work properly.

When you first put the tank on, did you turn it at all? Just wondering what a veteran does with this unit so I can make sure not to do anything wrong when I get my stuff lol

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Calgary, AB Canada
    I hate to say it, but I told you so. (Okay, you got me.... I love saying that.)

My replacement eGo-Ts and 1000mAh batt came in today too. I'm thinking the batt is going to be way too long for my preferences - I personally like to vape like I'm taking tea with the Queen :p - but I was curious.

Now I just need to get up the courage to brave the nasty, freaky weather and get my .... to the Post Office...

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    Great review! I can't wait for my shipments to arrive. I ordered a test drive build... One 650mah pass-through eGO batt (with the cone, originally for my 510 atty) 1 t-atty and a pack of tanks.

I assume you're filling it with the mouth end down? I can understand leaving a mm or two for the "physics" to work properly.

When you first put the tank on, did you turn it at all? Just wondering what a veteran does with this unit so I can make sure not to do anything wrong when I get my stuff lol

Awesome, I don't believe you will be disappointed at all with the system! I believe you are right about how I filled the tank, I popped off the cap opposite to the mouthpiece and filled it by just using my juice bottle.

When I plugged my tank onto the atty it was a little finicky so I put the tank on twice. The first time was just to get the tank seated down properly and punctured and then I just took the tank back out, rotated the tank 180 degrees and replaced the tank securely into the atty again. I did it this way because I am not sure if the needle in the middle of my atty is securely fastened or not, so cranking on it might work but I didn't want to take the chance of wrecking it.

Hope that helps and made sense

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Calgary, AB Canada

There's only one end you can fill it from. Your choices are to pierce the chad or pop off the cap. Personally, I prefer to pierce the chad (just pop the empty tank on the atty) first and fill through the little hole.

If the chad doesn't fully pierce, I'll turn the tank 180 degrees and re-pierce. Other than that I don't align the tank to the needle plate or anything like that.

The T system pretty much works out of the box. (With the exception of the few who have needed to do wick adjustments.) Just don't overthink it. ;)

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    I hate to say it, but I told you so. (Okay, you got me.... I love saying that.)

My replacement eGo-Ts and 1000mAh batt came in today too. I'm thinking the batt is going to be way too long for my preferences - I personally like to vape like I'm taking tea with the Queen :p - but I was curious.

Now I just need to get up the courage to brave the nasty, freaky weather and get my .... to the Post Office...

Yep, you did tell me so! haha, the things we go through to receive our vape mail, I swear!

lelly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2010
    Manitoba, Canada
    I REALLY want this tank system to work for me for the amazing convenience of it, but I have had nothing but problems. I keep gettin this burnt taste, ever since I didn't use it for a couple weeks and then cleaned it (vodka soak, dried for 24 hours). Now I just can't get it going again. I filled the tank with a fruit flavor, primed the atty with a few drops, it was good for a couple of puffs, then burnt. I have blown it out, primed through the battery end, dripped from the top, adjusted the wick, put atleast a couple of mL's of a tobacco flavor in and still all I can taste is that horrible burnt fruit. OK, stupid question, I am guessing that maybe I have burnt my wick, so then WTF is a dry burn and how is that different than burning your wick and permanantly damaging it?

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    I REALLY want this tank system to work for me for the amazing convenience of it, but I have had nothing but problems. I keep gettin this burnt taste, ever since I didn't use it for a couple weeks and then cleaned it (vodka soak, dried for 24 hours). Now I just can't get it going again. I filled the tank with a fruit flavor, primed the atty with a few drops, it was good for a couple of puffs, then burnt. I have blown it out, primed through the battery end, dripped from the top, adjusted the wick, put atleast a couple of mL's of a tobacco flavor in and still all I can taste is that horrible burnt fruit. OK, stupid question, I am guessing that maybe I have burnt my wick, so then WTF is a dry burn and how is that different than burning your wick and permanantly damaging it?

Hey lelly, sorry to hear you are having so many problems. It sounds as though you might have been vaping dark colored juices in the T atty and it has built up a residue in your wicking or your wicking is kinked, clogged or so on.

Wicking material is pretty much always fiberglass as far as I know (just learned that recently) and will not burn or melt. That being said I do not ever suggest dry burning atomizers but the process is very simple. I will go hunting for the youtube video I found on it. IMHO dry burning stresses your coil and shortens the life of the atty completely, but in your shoes I would be willing to try anything if it might work.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to try more cleaning methods and to use other gear until you can either replace it or get it cleaned. Hope that helps a little and sorry I can't help you more.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    I'm really not convinced that the wick material wrapped in the nichrome is in fact fiberglass. That video only seems to show ONE websites replacement materials. All that woman did was prove with a lighter that the wick doesn't burn, but she is none the wiser about it's compound. There are other fibers that don't burn or melt, I just can't remember the names of them. 1, I believe starts with a C lol, that's all I can remember!

Although it might very well be fiberglass; this would be a great question for one of the manufacturers to answer.

Another thing to wonder; how many companies make the atomizers? I'll bet it's like computer chips, lots of companies assemble their own boards and designs, but only a few make the chipsets..

Last edited:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    I'm really not convinced that the wick material wrapped in the nichrome is in fact fiberglass. That video only seems to show ONE websites replacement materials. All that woman did was prove with a lighter that the wick doesn't burn, but she is none the wiser about it's compound. There are other fibers that don't burn or melt, I just can't remember the names of them. 1, I believe starts with a C lol, that's all I can remember!

Although it might very well be fiberglass; this would be a great question for one of the manufacturers to answer.

Another thing to wonder; how many companies make the atomizers? I'll bet it's like computer chips, lots of companies assemble their own boards and designs, but only a few make the chipsets..

Such might be true, I really can't say 100% other than I know it is indeed fiberglass used in DIY atties of any kind (that I know of so far). The reason her concern worries me so much is because I have seen older videos of hers (I subscribed to her channel months ago) and she worked or works for NASA.

Not saying she can't be wrong but she is a lot more informed about a lot of other topics than I.

When it comes to atties and etc I think there are only a few companies in China and even fewer around the world who build the stuff. Kranger, Joye, Boge, Bauway, RoyalSmoker and SLB just to name a few.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    K so, It didn't start with a C, it was an S that could have been a C in pronunciation LMAO!

Silica is what I was referring to. And I'm fairly positive that's a win.

Not a doubt in my mind at all about her knowledge, I checked out some of her other videos and they're great (not to mention that German company did advertise it as fiberglass). But if these things are to convince any government health organization that they're a healthy choice, fiberglass is a big no-no.

Different post on the forum:
    "I'm not sure if anyone can say what every wick material is made of. But from what I know, they are made from fibers of the "Aramid " family.

Aramid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the most widely heard of is Nomex and Kevlar."

Last edited:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    K so, It didn't start with a C, it was an S that could have been a C in pronunciation LMAO!

Silica is what I was referring to. And I'm fairly positive that's a win.

Not a doubt in my mind at all about her knowledge, I checked out some of her other videos and they're great (not to mention that German company did advertise it as fiberglass). But if these things are to convince any government health organization that they're a healthy choice, fiberglass is a big no-no.

Agreed 100%, as I said I am not completely sure if it is all fiberglass but I now know that some of them are. Regardless it is still healthier than analogs but fiberglass is a big no no.

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
    Jan 19, 2011
    Ponoka, Alberta

Is the video you were looking for? One of SteelJan's...she's good.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    If the chad doesn't fully pierce, I'll turn the tank 180 degrees and re-pierce. Other than that I don't align the tank to the needle plate or anything like that.

Perfect, I was wondering if I would pierce it that way, or just use my 1ml syringe and pierce the tank with the needle, which I will still use to fill the tank, but I'll make the first pierce with the atty.

Thanks! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread