The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eGo-T Tank Modification (Low Tech)

Discussion in 'Cartridge Mods' started by Sgt.Taz, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt.Taz

Sgt.Taz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Chicago,IL.
    Simple performance increase of an eGo tank

2. revolver

revolver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Thats not the 'bridge' but the "mouth-piece inner/ outer-insert"...

The eGo-T atty has no bridge...

This mod may work... But, then again... May make your vape worse... Guess it depends on misterious and unkwown circumstances whether it is a go...
    =)

3. okwithit

okwithit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    michigan
    and what is this mod suppose to improve?

4. revolver

revolver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Airflow... Which may be convenient / counter-productive, and lead to a tighter pull and maybe improved wicking, flavor production, etc... depending on many factors such as your vaping rythm, the 'level' of your wicking, etc... It is 'reversible' so it would be some 'minor intervention' which makes this safe to try and find out the results... !

:2cool:

5. RIMP

RIMP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I did this at someone's recommendation couple weeks ago:2cool: Increases vapor and flavor for me:vapor:
    RIMP:evil:

6. okwithit

okwithit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    michigan
    i may have to give it a try.

7. character

character Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    philippines
    Got to say i am sorry but i dont understand what to do

8. quittin4mykids

quittin4mykids Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Jasper Texas
    if you have the tip in your mouth and you kinda 'bite' the end, sometimes you will feel that first peice pop out-- OR just take a toothpick and stick it in the hole that you put in your mouth, pull that peice out, THEN pull out the next peice that is inside- put back on the first piece you pulled out-

9. exodus454

exodus454 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Western Connecticut
    I like it! Just did it to one of my tanks.. literally takes less than 10 seconds to get it out. I do however notice that if you pull hard now, the air being drawn in makes a little whistling noise. Not a problem though, just an observation. Vapor production and flavor definitely seem a little better. Draw also doesn't seem as restricted when you pull on it.

If you decide you don't like it, it's also very very easy to pop back in, I'd suggest everyone at least try it :thumb:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd always wondered why with such comparatively huge air channels on these tanks, they come out through a tiny little hole..

10. Bardolf Blaze

Bardolf Blaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Burlington, KY
    OK. Tried this and noticed little to no difference on air-flow. However, I noticed a huge difference the first time I got over-flow, since that is an over-flow protection.

11. Jair

Jair Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Atl
    Highly recommended for increased flavor and vapor. I do this to all my T tanks.

12. stevenejb

stevenejb Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Kansas City
    Interesting.. I just tried this with one of my tanks and it did improve flavor. It seems to allow more air flow allowing the flavor to hit your tongue more. The vapor production for me was about the same though. This seems to work well from what I can tell.

13. SantoLoco

SantoLoco Full Member

Nov 10, 2011
    New Orleans
    Just tried this and to me I do get more vape.. Just was worried if it was going to leak.. so far no leak...

14. ChodaBoy

ChodaBoy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2011
    Florida
    I've been doing this forever but the only reason for me is that instead of juice becoming stuck in the tank and possibly in your mouth when you remove this piece it loses the vaccum effect and juice doesn't collect.

15. AndWhat420

AndWhat420 Full Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Falmouth, MA
    i like it.. so simple yet effective

16. Mart

Mart Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    VA
    Tried it, vape is the same, but there is definately more flavor.

17. Maxedout

Maxedout ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Arizona
    I did this awhile back with no negative draw backs at all, actually forgot about it until I read this thread.

18. nuggetz

nuggetz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Chicago
    Does this work on the Ego-C?

19. illuxion

illuxion Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ego-C uses the same tanks. Yes it works
    [​IMG]

20. invididual

invididual Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2012
    Lakeland, FL
    definitely got more flavor, but just about the same amount of vapor, give or take a little. great tip Taz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.