EGO-T Tank system. Have you had similar results ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Very interesting results, and I will make a new, similar post to get feedback. Have been doing serious A/B/C comparisons between (all EGO) standard atty w./ drip tip, LR atty w./ drip tip, EGO-T standard, and EGO-T LR.

I've come across a very repeatable result when using EGO atty's vs. the EGO-T atty's. I was enthused when I saw all these posts about how much better tasting, stronger, and warmer things were with the LR EGO-T atty's. After an entire weekend of going back and forth between the regular, and LR atty's with drip tips, and then to the tank atty's both standard and LR, it seems clear, that there is a VERY strange thing that happens to the flavor when using the tank system.

At first, I couldn't put my finger on it, as I was using Peach, and Black Cherry liquids, which were typically sweeter, but now using (I love Backwoods Brew) Capp, Mocha, and the ever important Expresso juices, the tanks are NOT working out. The tanks have a VERY large impact on the flavor. They seem to make every juice sweet, and the flavor becomes very muted.

I know this, as I have used brand new tank atty's both standard, and LR with the same results. When switching back to standard attys, and LR atty's with drip tip, the juices taste like they should, sweet only if the juice is sweet, and no artificial, or sweetness. I went back and forth numerous times to verify this. It saddens me to find this out, as I really wanted the tanks to work out, and thought the LR atty's would do the juice justice.

I'm very curious if anyone has had similar results. The juices flavors ALL are muted or reduced almost 70% when tanking, and all seem to share a similar plasticy, artificial, sweet flavor no matter the juice. When putting the exact same juice into a standard atty (either standard res, or LR), the juice taste completely different (better, as it should taste), no artificial taste, plasticy taste, or any muted flavor, and never sweet, unless the juice IS sweet.

Had I not had loads of juice (different flavors), and a whole lot of standard, and LR atty's to try back to back, I would not have posted this.

six

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I've never experienced the plastic flavor (what color tanks are you using, by the way?), and only some of my flavors are muted in the tank... and "muted" isn't quite the right word for it for me.

My sweet flavors are all A-OK in the tanks. I like spearmint, wintergreen, black licorice, maple, waffle, root beer, and a few others. However, my tobaccos and coffees just aren't right from the ego-t system. I've come to two conclusions. The first is that the vapor is just too cool by the time it gets to my mouth. The tobacco flavors just have to be a lot warmer to taste and feel right.

The other conclusion I've come to is a little more involved because I discovered it while comparing the ego-t and the ego-mega. I've occasionally noticed a flavor dop-off in the megas. Blowing them out solves it every time. A couple of my strong mint flavors seem to drop off from the tanks and blowing out the atty solves it every time. - The t and mega attys are very similar (more or less identical) under the wick. They both have a large cup and a big ball of mesh to hold juice. A crazy amount of juice resides in the atties. I think it's too much. I think it warms and cools and warms and cools and all of that excess juice loses its flavor.

As a "by the way" I've read maybe 5 or 6 people say that the plastic taste went away after an alcohol bath and cleaning and one or two people who said it went away after a really good hot water bath and blow out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread