Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hello again everyone! I'm still fairly new to everything & from what I keep hearing I need to set up some kind of back up plan...so here's the situation. I'm currently using the ego-t 1100 mph with the CE4 clearos. So far it's going well! I'm down to a couple analogs a day from over a pack a day. I'm thinking about moving to VV and wanted to know if my accessories (charger & CE4 tanks) would work if I just ordered ego twist batteries. That way I could make my original kit my backup as I acquire more batteries since I'm pretty happy with the ego so far.

Also, is this even a good idea? What was your experience when you first started or how soon did you get your first backup or change your setup? How many devices or batteries do you currently keep in your rotation?
Thanks again to everyone for all of your advice or guidance!!:vapor:

Oh and where can I get the best price on the ego twist?

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Yes, your regular eGo chargers will work for the Twist. Is it a good idea to get a Twist? I definitely think so. The Twist and the Vivi Nova were what got me to zero smokes a day. BTW, I had been using an eGo T. Back ups for your back ups is the saying for a reason. I've had 2 batteries run out of charge at work (bad charger) and if it hadn't been for my 3rd battery I would've been back to smokes until I got home. My overall collection is 4 standard eGos, 2 Twists, a Bolt (though this is getting passed on to my Brother) and my new Provari.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Yes, your regular eGo chargers will work for the Twist. Is it a good idea to get a Twist? I definitely think so. The Twist and the Vivi Nova were what got me to zero smokes a day. BTW, I had been using an eGo T. Back ups for your back ups is the saying for a reason. I've had 2 batteries run out of charge at work (bad charger) and if it hadn't been for my 3rd battery I would've been back to smokes until I got home. My overall collection is 4 standard eGos, 2 Twists, a Bolt (though this is getting passed on to my Brother) and my new Provari.

Thanks for responding!! I appreciate the advice. Do you mind if I ask what all the hype is surrounding the Provari? How does it differ from the twist? And what made you decide to get one? I consider myself very new to vaping and I keep seeing people talk about them on here & was wondering what the advantages are to having one.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
So, I was using my Twists with the Vivi Nova and found I was always at about 3.7V. So, I got a Bolt. I wanted something that I didn't have to pitch when the battery died and I liked the form factor. Then I got a carto tank and was running 2.0ohm cartos in it. Well, it turns out there's a cooler vapor with a carto tank. So, back to the Twist. But, I missed the form factor of the Bolt and still wanted to use my batteries from it. Started looking for a VV mod. Most of them had issues of one sort or another and I kept coming back to the Provari. What I like most about the Provari is it's bullet proof, the voltage you set is what you get, and it has a 1yr warranty. If it wasn't for Christmas and some unexpected overtime I would've stuck with the Twists until I could afford the Provari. Hope this helps.

Ace7111

Nov 12, 2012
Colorado
I was like you and started with one ego t. A week later another ego for back up and I rotated them. A few weeks after that I moved up to an ego twist 650 mah. I watched alot of reviews on it and went with the 650 mah cuz the 1000 mah looked very long. I really like my twist but I use it at work or when I am on the go mostly. You might also look at the ego vv. I have one of these but mine is an Apollo pretty much the same. It has a led that shows battery charge puff count and setting on your volts. The twist has markings on the bottom and they are very hard to see. The only thing I don't like on my Apollo is the fire button it is flush an hard to find in the dark. As far as cost maybe a few $$ diffrent. There are a lot of deals out there because of the holiday. They both work great with ce4's and every now and then I will stick a tank or a nova on them. Hope this helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread