Ego T - What Am I Doing Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
I posted this in the new members forum too, just in case.

I have had an Ego T for a month now and I keep having one thing happen that's driving me crazy: The little area in the mouthpiece tip of the tank will suddenly fill up with liquid and then, of course, some gets into my mouth!
I don't mind it getting on my tongue so much as wasting all that wonderful juice, plus the fact that it just seems to draw hard. (I chain vape in the evenings).

So, what's up? Am I drawing too hard? Too often? Too much altogether? Do I need to go for a mega?
Help!!​

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
Mine is always leaking intermittently, but sometimes it goes for hours , or even a day, without leaking.

If juice is getting into your mouth don't store it with the tip down.

If juice is getting onto the battery, don't store it with the tip up.

The safest way is to store it on a flat surface when you're not using it. But even this is not foolproof.

If it leaks in any way, take the entire cartridge off and "stovepipe" smoke through the bare atomizer until the liquid is gone.

Yes, they have a way to go with this design. I hope they solve the leaking problem some day.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I posted this in the new members forum too, just in case.

I have had an Ego T for a month now and I keep having one thing happen that's driving me crazy: The little area in the mouthpiece tip of the tank will suddenly fill up with liquid and then, of course, some gets into my mouth!
I don't mind it getting on my tongue so much as wasting all that wonderful juice, plus the fact that it just seems to draw hard. (I chain vape in the evenings).

So, what's up? Am I drawing too hard? Too often? Too much altogether? Do I need to go for a mega?
Help!!​

That is not liquid perse but condensation you are tasting although it does taste like you liquid. Wipe of your cart periodically and wipe inside the mouth piece after removing the two plugs. Also wipe down the inside of the atomiser.

ilk80

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
USA
Most times when I am not vaping I tend to keep my Ego slanted, when I am at my desk it chills out in the mini 'junk box' that I have so its on about a 90 degree angle. I have had the juice pop up into the top piece once recently and I just popped the top off, cleared it out and went on about my way. But this has only happened once and I noticed its when I would randomly lay it down and the juice just dripped down.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
You may want to remove the second air flow controler that is in there. Take the first out(snaps in) and then remove the next one and put the first back in. Should improve the draw and the mositure should stay down to the bottom of the tank. Could be that you are hitting the tank too often/hard and it is getting too hot.

kchighball

Feb 19, 2011
kansas
im using two pass thrus 900 mah , when there hooked up and pluged in no problems . i go to work and use them as stand alones , or when i use my 650 mah . i get such trouble from a mouth full of juice ,and trust me its not condensation . ( on a side note you get quite a buzz off a mouth full of juice if you swallow wow!!! ) , or i get extreme leaking between the atty and batt . so im not sure what im doing wrong . then when i get home and clean them refill them , and use them hooked up they work great wtf . untill the next day when i go to work ?

kmac

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Louisiana
I have had this problem at times and it seems to me to happen when the atty is flooded or when I am pulling to hard. It's just my observation, but when I am pulling hard or using heavily that's when it seems to happen to me. So I think it is related to the way these work. The air flow is designed to pull juice into the atty when you draw but if it is flooded or if you are causing too much juice to try to flow into the atty at once and the juice has no where else to go it gets pushed back into the mouthpiece. It could also be because of the amount of airflow. There seems to be a good bit of variance in the amount of airflow in these right now.

I could be way off but that's my take. The juice won't freely run into the mouthpiece so there has to be pressure causing it to go there. Not sure what the solution is because it doesn't happen to me consistently. Maybe try not pulling so hard.

Last edited:

simplecj

Mar 2, 2011
Utah
Poor wick quality lets too much juice past, floods the atty and ends up coming out the mouthpiece. Usually there's an actual gap that lets the juice flow past the wick instead of THROUGH the wick. Only other explanation is that the opening on your tank has opened up too much, but I'd put money on a faulty wick. BOTH atomizers that came with my kit did that from the beginning. :(

Read my wick mod: Simple CJ's eGo-T Wick Mod
:vapor:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Poor wick quality lets too much juice past, floods the atty and ends up coming out the mouthpiece. Usually there's an actual gap that lets the juice flow past the wick instead of THROUGH the wick. Only other explanation is that the opening on your tank has opened up too much, but I'd put money on a faulty wick. BOTH atomizers that came with my kit did that from the beginning. :(

Read my wick mod: Simple CJ's eGo-T Wick Mod
:vapor:

If juice isn't coming out of the bottom of the atomizer, the atty is not flooding or is not flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread