ego tank on an 808 threaded battery - are there adapters for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background: I'm self-conscious about vaping in public. My current set-up is great when I'm working from home but I'll be out front for the next few months, so I'm on the prowl for a smaller battery.

To that end, I just bought a couple of these batteries: 4 Inch Super Power Automatic E-Cig Battery | Mig Cigs

I absolutely love the style; they're very discreet, but I despise the clearomizers that go with these (which can be seen here). I've used this kind of coil/wick before; it was included with my Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0, and no matter how careful I was, it always seemed to leak. Also, the downside of these batteries is that they are apparently very fragile and will become unusable rather quickly if the liquid leaks at all into the connector; another strike against the clearomizers.

Anyone know if there's an adapter that would make my Evod Glass and Aerotank minis work with these?

Edited to add: Apparently I can't post links, but the batteries I bought are MigCig "super battery", automatic, which can be seen at Mig Cig dot com, and the "Clear Fusion" clearomizers.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
If you already have invested in 510 threaded equipment, I would consider returning those batteries, especially at their price. Adapting your current toppers to work with an automatic 808 battery may still present a leakage problem. If you want to use an 808 setup when out and about, it might be better to get some 808 threaded slim toppers. Kanger Esmart is one I am aware of.

A short eGo battery, 350 to 450mah, may make more sense with your Evod and Aerotank. Although manual, they are very pocketable and a lot less expensive. Good luck!

Reactions: dakota9
Thanks so much, Robert Cromwell and 440BB.

I'll look into the Kanger Esmart, and also the shorter eGo batteries. I must have known at one point that there were smaller ego batteries around, but when I was first getting into vaping I only did enough research to decide on my current lineup and promptly forgot all the other options out there.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Sadly, when I criticize Mig cigs, I get trolled.
They sell some nice stuff... but... it's rebranded for twice the price.

(Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't see why a 380mAh cig-a-like battery should be $22.)

If you were trying to set up a slimline/small kit, you may have gone about it in the wrong way.
I did the same (2013).. another $100 on something dreadful from another shady company.

You can "adapt" most products. Putting an evod or aerotank on an 808 cig-a-like is going to be unsatisfactory. Kanger do sell some 808 "Smart" clearomisers. I am 99% sure this is what you have been using. I had some (recently actually)... they were $2 a piece.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Sadly, when I criticize Mig cigs, I get trolled.
They sell some nice stuff... but... it's rebranded for twice the price.

(Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't see why a 380mAh cig-a-like battery should be $22.)

If you were trying to set up a slimline/small kit, you may have gone about it in the wrong way.
I did the same (2013).. another $100 on something dreadful from another shady company.

You can "adapt" most products. Putting an evod or aerotank on an 808 cig-a-like is going to be unsatisfactory. Kanger do sell some 808 "Smart" clearomisers. I am 99% sure this is what you have been using. I had some (recently actually)... they were $2 a piece.
I actually saw the esmart clearos for .99 somewhere on clearance. I forget where though as I no longer use them since I can't rebuild them.
They come in 510 or 808 threading.

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I actually saw the esmart clearos for .99 somewhere on clearance. I forget where though as I no longer use them since I can't rebuild them.
They come in 510 or 808 threading.

Yes, I have 3 in the kitchen in 808. Sadly the batteries died... they were really poor quality. Kanger made them for a brand called Gamucci. Gamucci sold the kit for $40. I paid $15. Even $15 was too much.
Quite a nice little clearomizer otherwise.

Thanks so much for the replies, everyone : ) I'm regretting now that I made the purchase without checking here first. Lesson learned, though, and the damage could have been a lot worse.

Robert Cromwell, so grateful for that link -- I had no idea VV was available in smaller sizes and at such a low price point! It does look like those would be about as low-profile as the 808 batteries.

djsvapor, I'm hesitant to criticize Mig Cig if they're a popular company here, but having looked around a bit more (and knowing *what* to look for), you're absolutely right: it IS rebranded for twice the price. They do specify somewhere on their website that they're using Kangertech's technology. The only improvement I can see between the MigCig version and the Kanger version (which I found at both evcigarettes dot com and litecigusa dot net) is the MigCig battery has an automatic shut-off so it can stay plugged in indefinitely without risk of damage from overcharging. With the Kanger 808s, the evicgarettes page warns that overcharging could irreparably damage the battery. MC also says, about their automatic battery: "We have designed a very sensitive sensor that will come on the the slightest puff. We did this because most brands have a second during the puff that the atomiser does not turn on and like wise when your puff is ending."

So, if I'm reading that right, the implication is that they're using improved Kangertech technology that is (or might be) proprietary to the MigCig brand. I suppose some people might find those improvements worth the price tag, but if I had it to do over again, I'd go with the eGo batteries from the vendor Robert Cromwell linked to. That, or I'd try a "generic" Kanger battery and a compatible clearomizer from one of the other vendors. Evcigarettes even has an 808 clearomizer that uses bottom coils. I'll probably try one of those when the "Fusion" clearomizers reach the end of their lifespans.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
VaporEngine.com is running the Evod Double Starter Kit (650mAh batteries, tanks, both USB & Wall chargers, and 5 coils) for only $13.99 now. Use the code allvape10 and get another 10% off of it. I'm using a 650mAh and a Protank 2 Mini sitting here, and it's not big at all. With Evod tank should be about the same.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you want something even smaller than the 650 kit, but still useable for awhile before needing charging - ValueVapor.com has a L-Rider Evod Kit (2 450mAh L-Rider eGo style batteries, 2 MT3 Evod tanks, your choice of ohms for the 2 coils, USB cable, and a case) for $14.00 + S/H for the kit. I've bought several of these kits and those above for people I help to switch to vaping from smokes. Both work great and are small in size for public vaping if you don't want to be so noticeable.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Background: I'm self-conscious about vaping in public. My current set-up is great when I'm working from home but I'll be out front for the next few months, so I'm on the prowl for a smaller battery.

To that end, I just bought a couple of these batteries: 4 Inch Super Power Automatic E-Cig Battery | Mig Cigs

I absolutely love the style; they're very discreet, but I despise the clearomizers that go with these (which can be seen here). I've used this kind of coil/wick before; it was included with my Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0, and no matter how careful I was, it always seemed to leak. Also, the downside of these batteries is that they are apparently very fragile and will become unusable rather quickly if the liquid leaks at all into the connector; another strike against the clearomizers.

Anyone know if there's an adapter that would make my Evod Glass and Aerotank minis work with these?

Edited to add: Apparently I can't post links, but the batteries I bought are MigCig "super battery", automatic, which can be seen at Mig Cig dot com, and the "Clear Fusion" clearomizers.

If you want automatic you want to stay away from 510. If you are ok with manual 510 is fine. 510 automatics vent hole lets juice into the battery compartment.

There are KR808 tanks available.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thanks so much for the replies, everyone : ) I'm regretting now that I made the purchase without checking here first. Lesson learned, though, and the damage could have been a lot worse.

Robert Cromwell, so grateful for that link -- I had no idea VV was available in smaller sizes and at such a low price point! It does look like those would be about as low-profile as the 808 batteries.

djsvapor, I'm hesitant to criticize Mig Cig if they're a popular company here, but having looked around a bit more (and knowing *what* to look for), you're absolutely right: it IS rebranded for twice the price. They do specify somewhere on their website that they're using Kangertech's technology. The only improvement I can see between the MigCig version and the Kanger version (which I found at both evcigarettes dot com and litecigusa dot net) is the MigCig battery has an automatic shut-off so it can stay plugged in indefinitely without risk of damage from overcharging. With the Kanger 808s, the evicgarettes page warns that overcharging could irreparably damage the battery. MC also says, about their automatic battery: "We have designed a very sensitive sensor that will come on the the slightest puff. We did this because most brands have a second during the puff that the atomiser does not turn on and like wise when your puff is ending."

So, if I'm reading that right, the implication is that they're using improved Kangertech technology that is (or might be) proprietary to the MigCig brand. I suppose some people might find those improvements worth the price tag, but if I had it to do over again, I'd go with the eGo batteries from the vendor Robert Cromwell linked to. That, or I'd try a "generic" Kanger battery and a compatible clearomizer from one of the other vendors. Evcigarettes even has an 808 clearomizer that uses bottom coils. I'll probably try one of those when the "Fusion" clearomizers reach the end of their lifespans.

Now those are clicker type VV batteries. 3 clicks changes voltages. 3.5,3.7,3.9 and 4.1 volts. Works very well with Evod and T3 tanks as well and the mini protank with the ego base. I have used a 510-808 adapter and used cartomizers and the Esmart Clearomizers on them too.

good little batteries for what they are.

Thanks again for the help, everyone :)

JCinFLA
, I just picked up the L-Rider Evod kit. Robert Cromwell, I'm also hanging on to that link with varied (smaller) eGo sizes. Really appreciate the recommendations.

For posterity, here's my impression of the MigCig batteries: I really like them. And yes, IMO they're overpriced. To be fair, they have the following qualities which are apparently unique to MC's proprietary 808 battery (designed with Kanger's technology)

-- They can be left plugged in for an indefinite time without risk of damage due to overcharging. (Very nice feature if you're easily distracted. I don't know if I could be trusted to babysit batteries on a regular basis without forgetting)

-- They have a steady output of around 4.2 v for the duration of the charge, rather than slowly losing steam until the last few puffs become almost a waste

-- They say they designed these with a more sensitive sensor that will come on "at the slightest puff". I can't make a comparison, but it is very sensitive.

These are nice features. If they were to come down to maybe 2/3 of their current price, I'd be very tempted to start using them regularly.

The Fusion Clearos, on the other hand, are about $5 a piece. To me, that's highway robbery. Unlike the batteries, I can't see any special features which set these apart from other clearos and justify the price. Fortunately for anyone who absolutely must have one of these batteries, it looks like identical clearos are available elsewhere for half that price (or less).

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
In my age to be teased by other people is not an important issue. Teasing people teases themselves. (A smoking guy teases you "you will develop popcorn lung" You can not count what he might develop... (By the way it is far away to develop popcorn lung with vaping it is 200 times less than frontier and they kept the diacetyl away anyway)) Most of my life I thought like that too. So it is hard for me to understand using short lifed batteries in order not to be seen vaping.

Also I would prefer, all the beginners to read this forum of their interests before buying anything. There are so many fake advertisements kanger did this and we did that. They are all China made devices which is branded accordingly. The aim is profit. so They have to say something different in order to sell same thing. On the other hand in this forum when contributers would not profit and only are eager to persuade people to quit cigs and begin vaping, you get good ideas.

I would use biggest mod with biggest tank for getting most of what I needed.

I carried kanger eroll when I had to fly. I had filled the tiny tank 24mg/ml liquid and if any craving I vaped with that device. I even should get a mouthfull of vape and swallow in the plane. :) It is a ciga-like and has self issues but very handy when you need not be distinguished. Even if the batteries are 150mAh the box which charges them are 1400mAh so it has a longer life than most of the suggested batteries.
Anyhow you should rather be distinguished to advertise vaping. Advertising vaping is saving life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread