• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I have an A2 T coming. It is on it's way from Mississauga. Should see it tomorrow. It's a little pricey but worth its weight in gold AFAIC. Now I will have everything I need for full fledge sustainability :D

Mississauga? Did you buy it from a user here or is there a dealer selling them? 'Cos I'd really like to get my hands on something like that -- Bulli or iAtty, anyway. Something I can repair myself.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Well, I'll put in a couple cents and say my experience with 510-T attys and eGo-T type B is all good. Someone mentioned about lining up the flat edges of the cartridges to the air gap slots inside the tank atomizer - doing this will give longer life and more consistent vaping for both the 510-T and eGo B's.
I've had no leaking with the Joye 510-T attys, using 5 in rotation all still working, a couple are 2 months old. I have 4 of the eGo-T type B attys (sr and lr) and all are still kicking out the vapor. No leaking with these either. cleaning is just blowing them out after use.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Well, I'll put in a couple cents and say my experience with 510-T attys and eGo-T type B is all good.

I bought a Ego-T type B to see if they were better than type A and the damn thing won't hold it's juice. 2 mLs just runs right through it and I end up with juice all over my pocket and hands.

I've given up on the tanks. They give me too many problems after a while, and cleaning them makes them useless... tight draw, no vapor. Sucks cause I like them alot for some tobacco juices.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Wow! Ya can teach an old dog new tricks :) Indexing the T does make a world of difference, thanks. I have had no problems with mine however this tip is huge :)

I've tried finding the thread/post where it was first mentioned about lining up the carts to the atty side gaps - "indexing" - but can't locate it. When I first tried this it was like *wow* yeah how did I miss that lol - makes a big difference.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
I bought a Ego-T type B to see if they were better than type A and the damn thing won't hold it's juice. 2 mLs just runs right through it and I end up with juice all over my pocket and hands.

I've given up on the tanks. They give me too many problems after a while, and cleaning them makes them useless... tight draw, no vapor. Sucks cause I like them alot for some tobacco juices.

Where are you buying eGo-T B's concat? Joye manufactured? Just for your edification, Happy Jack sells the Type B LR and could give you a personal review with sending an email to him and asking about the Type B's.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm fairly confident it was a genuine Joye atomizer. I got it from vaporgeek.

I've been using the tank atties for a while... but always type-A. Maybe I just need to adjust the wick in the type B I have. I dunno, but I don't care... lol. I give up on the tanks. I have like 6 atomizers from different vendors and they all work but have terrible draw or no vapor or both. They were all great when I bought them... but after a soak in hot water, or just over time they really start performing like crap.

I suppose one of these days I'll dry burn the hell of out them to see if I can bring them back to life. Otherwise I'll just trash them, I guess.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I've tried finding the thread/post where it was first mentioned about lining up the carts to the atty side gaps - "indexing" - but can't locate it. When I first tried this it was like *wow* yeah how did I miss that lol - makes a big difference.

I was a 510 cart vaper for the longest time until switching to 100% and always indexed my carts = no burning carts. Why I never thought of the eGo T is beyond me, but what a difference. The flat tip does not align with the button (minor annoyance) but hey it works :thumbs:

DEATHTOCIGS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
TEXAS
I vape an ego-t everyday, when they're working properly they are great, however they do require occassional adjustments after cleaning. I'd also suggest changing out the wick that comes with them. The wick is the weak link on the ego-t. I just ordered a Bulli A2-T, I here they are far superior and are made to be rebuildable. It uses a double wick wrapped in stainless steel mesh.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I started with the Ego-T, had no big issues, the atties do get clogged up as someone said but it's all a matter of keeping them clean. Since I switched to the 510-t, I found a big difference, this is a real vape with the convenience of a tank. The tanks are smaller, but no big deal to fill. The batteries are weak, so if you vape heavily you may want to get extra ones. I have 2 full kits and that gives me 4 batteries, that's over 1000 mah altogether which is quite a bit. I only need to bring 2 to work although i don't vape steady there, when I'm home I just keep them charged with the usb charger.

Anyway, my ego-t atties are in a box which is where they will stay. I tried vaping one of them the other day just to remind me of how bad they are and they truly are disgusting compared to the 510-t. As far as cleaning the 510-t atties, I just blow them out once every few days and then do a little dry burn on them and that works great. I've found that cleaning them with anything, even water, messes them up and if you have messed up atties you've probably done this.

I'm not even interested in trying another atty, at least until they come up with something better in a tank that's also this small :)

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Tanks are high maintenance . Removing the needle plate to replace or clean the wick . Scraping the gunk or ash off of the coil after a dry burn and then putting all back together again . That is if the wick didn't fall apart when you removed the needle plate . I have had to make new wicks for a tank atomizer before . I don't understand people who say all you have to do is blow it out that has never worked for me at least not for long .

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Tanks are high maintenance . Removing the needle plate to replace or clean the wick . Scraping the gunk or ash off of the coil after a dry burn and then putting all back together again . That is if the wick didn't fall apart when you removed the needle plate . I have had to make new wicks for a tank atomizer before . I don't understand people who say all you have to do is blow it out that has never worked for me at least not for long .

I've never had to do any of that and I suspect few tank users go to this trouble. I've found that just dry burning every once in awhile keeps them working well. I've no idea if there is anything on the coil but you just pop in another tank and go I guess :)

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
I'm fairly confident it was a genuine Joye atomizer. I got it from vaporgeek.

I've been using the tank atties for a while... but always type-A. Maybe I just need to adjust the wick in the type B I have. I dunno, but I don't care... lol. I give up on the tanks. I have like 6 atomizers from different vendors and they all work but have terrible draw or no vapor or both. They were all great when I bought them... but after a soak in hot water, or just over time they really start performing like crap.

I suppose one of these days I'll dry burn the hell of out them to see if I can bring them back to life. Otherwise I'll just trash them, I guess.

I'm so glad I get to live through other peoples frustrations first hand on here and avoid them myself. Thanks for your suffering Concat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread