Ego to 510 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
Hi, the 510 threads in my itaste vv 3.0 have been shot ever since I've dropped it with a nimbus clone attached. I can only use my mod now with deliveries that are ego connectors. I'm looking for an adapter that would screw on to the ego threads and provide options to attach a 510 and ego delivery. Suppliers seem to only sell adapters that screw in to the 510 connection. Does anyone know were I can purchase an adapter that screws on to the ego threads? Thanks

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I've never heard of an adapter that screws on the ego threads but that doesn't mean there is one out there. Sorry I'm not much help.

You might try force screwing an old burnt out carto into the connector in the hope of cleaning or rethreading the connector threads similar to using a tap. You have nothing to lose if it doesn't work.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
After Rick said he saw a pic of an ego to ego adapter I did some more research. I could not find such a thing but I did find a solution that worked for somebody with the same problem here on the forum.

"The adapter that you need is not available. The only suggestion I have is to buy a 510-510 adapter and either solder in into the stripped 510 thread OR apply small dabs of metal adhesive to the old stripped 510 threads and immediately attach the 510-510 adapter in. Do not apply too much adhesive as you will need a good metal to metal connection."

Hope this helps.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thknicksgirl2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread