ego twist fell apart in my pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyrigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
So i've been loving my twist for about 3 weeks now, its my first pv since '09 when I trashed my 510 cause it wouldn't hold charge longer than 2 hours. I went to pull it from my pocket tonight and I felt my tank, then the circuit board, then the housing, all only held together by the wiring.I found the button and got everything put back together again but I can tell is looser than it used to be.I plan on putting epoxy in the connection another day when I have the time. My question its, WTF!?!?!?!? Is this normal? is a pants pocket a bad place for a pv like this? He's anyone heard of this before or had it happen? It seemed to me like I finally found a quality product until this.:mad:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
There was probably undo pressure with the tank against the connection and it somehow must have really had some pressure against it for this to happen, it's not the vendor or manufactures fault, it takes some serious force for this connection to come apart, you had to have sat on it or something for this to happen. I've taken many of Ego's apart at this connection, its not like they just pop apart so easy they dont, they use a press to make this connection. If your unit is still working I would do just as you said, a little j-weld on the metal press fit part and push it back together and let it sit overnight, be as good as new ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread