Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok I see a ton of posts on the twist and nearly everyone will agree its a great device to start your venture into the vv world. I also see a ton of newbs confused as to what to get to get started so I hope this post will help. Everyone looks for a twist kit but unfortunately they are usually sold out. I try to get everything listed here on one site just to save on shipping. A lot of these recommendations are also on RIPTrippers YouTube video.

Battery. Most want 2 to have one charging and one going.
http://altsmoke.com/ego-c-twist-variable-voltage.html

Charger. Can also get a wall adapter at this site if you want one.
http://altsmoke.com/accessories/charger/ego-usb-battery-charger.html

Cartomizers. Will want a few of these. RIPTrippers will recommend 3 ohm. I prefer 2 ohm. This is due to the amp limit on the twist. I've heard anywhere from a 2-3amp limit. I personally think you sell yourself short with 3ohms as even at 4.8v you're only going to get 7.6 watts and most people find the best vape at or above 8 watts. I think with 2 ohms you get a much better opportunity to dial around until you find what suits you the best. I've also ran as low as 1.2 ohms on the twist without any problem.
http://altsmoke.com/accessories/510...replacement-prepunched-cartomizer-select.html

tank.
http://altsmoke.com/accessories/tanks/3-5ml-dual-coil-510-tank-cartomizer.html

If you get these this tank will come with a dual coil cartomizer. I would say take that out and put one of the 2 or 3ohm ones in. These are single coil and you'll like them so much better. Just FYI. Tanks have a learning curve. These will be a single hole punched carto. Should work fine for thin juices. If your juice is thicker you will likely want to add a hole or slit or enlarge the hole thats there. Theres a ton on the forum about this. For pure simplicity the vivi novas are awesome. They are here...
http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?m...id=740&zenid=636331cba488b5701fe92c767c167343

If you want to stay at one site I hear good things about the clearomizers but I have no experience with them. They look very similar to the vivi nova though. They're here...
http://altsmoke.com/t2-clearomizer.html

So hopefully you will have some idea what to look for and start off on the right foot. Please feel free to add any recommendations or correct any of my screw ups. Lol.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Nice job.

I generally use a higher end VV for out and about, but the twist is a nice starter or backup. I keep one in the car.

On cartos, the Ikenvape 801 fusion 2.5 ohm, with a 510/801 adapter, are quite nice on the twist. I'm using a recently purchased avidvaper sealed stealth adapter, adds very little height, though I've heard that some people may have problems using them with fusions (I haven't, and the avidvaper unsealed stealth I have also seems to work fine, perhaps avid got some from a different manufacturer?).

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice job.

I generally use a higher end VV for out and about, but the twist is a nice starter or backup. I keep one in the car.

On cartos, the Ikenvape 801 fusion 2.5 ohm, with a 510/801 adapter, are quite nice on the twist. I'm using a recently purchased avidvaper sealed stealth adapter, adds very little height, though I've heard that some people may have problems using them with fusions (I haven't, and the avidvaper unsealed stealth I have also seems to work fine, perhaps avid got some from a different manufacturer?).

Ya I have a Cisco 306 in a DCA on the twist as my back up. It's a 1.5 ohm and vapes like a champ. Adds a lil height but not bad. Still about the size of a provari and tank.
d07c7f8c-afe9-71de.jpg

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice, am looking for something as a backup that will take cr123's since I have a TON of them but this looks like it might be a better choice for in the car that can be recharged from the cig lighter. Thanks for the info.

Yeah it's a solid choice. The one I have pictured is the 1100mah so a 650 would be quite a bit smaller too. If you're wanting a smaller size.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts

Is cheaper and better than altsmoke. Tom sells 100% confirmed Joyetech twists as well.

Vision Vivi Nova 3.5ML v2.5

Is cheaper and better than gotvapes for the vivi 2.5 and replaceable heads. Fast delivery too!

Gotvapes for the vivi mini and 3.2 ohm head if you want one and cool collars for ego twist (black ego+vivi mini+chrome collar=cool!).

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68_138

Endgame for me is:

Ego twist: vivi novas 2.5 and mini novas... rewicked with my own coils and cotton wick + DIY juices (Wizard Labs+Capella single flavors=big money savings).

Know the vivis mute juice flavors a little to a lot, the more VG and delicate like fruit flavors, the more muted.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im surprised to hear that the sure vapes vivi nova 2.5 is better than the gotvapes one. wouldnt they at the very least be the exact same product?

Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts

Is cheaper and better than altsmoke. Tom sells 100% confirmed Joyetech twists as well.

Vision Vivi Nova 3.5ML v2.5

Is cheaper and better than gotvapes for the vivi 2.5 and replaceable heads. Fast delivery too!

Gotvapes for the vivi mini and 3.2 ohm head if you want one and cool collars for ego twist (black ego+vivi mini+chrome collar=cool!).

eGo Cone Thread Sleeves : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Endgame for me is:

Ego twist: vivi novas 2.5 and mini novas... rewicked with my own coils and cotton wick + DIY juices (Wizard Labs+Capella single flavors=big money savings).

Know the vivis mute juice flavors a little to a lot, the more VG and delicate like fruit flavors, the more muted.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Actually got vapes lists theirs as the official genuine vivi nova kinda insinuating that some of the others are knock offs. Honestly if you tear em apart and rebuild them their gonna work how u want anyway no matter where they come from. And absolutely to the above vapors choice does have some of the best prices and I'd recommend everyone to shop around. I only used altsmokes because I happened to find everything in stock there first. No other reason.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
Is vivi nova patented or trademarked? I don't have a clue!! If I was selling a knockoff of someone patented or trademarked work, I would be ashamed of myself not to market it under the same name.
On the other hand, some things are no able to be patented or trade marked.. Like Snickerdoodle or Key Lime pie. They are just generic terms. Is Vivi nova a generic term??? I dunno!

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Is vivi nova patented or trademarked? I don't have a clue!! If I was selling a knockoff of someone patented or trademarked work, I would be ashamed of myself not to market it under the same name.
On the other hand, some things are no able to be patented or trade marked.. Like Snickerdoodle or Key Lime pie. They are just generic terms. Is Vivi nova a generic term??? I dunno!

Lol. Me either. But if not someone needs to patent the idea. Theyre brilliant in their simplicity and function. Not to mention the ability in one device to either replace the head for a few bucks or rebuild your own for mere cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread