eGo USB passthrough shows up today at Castle Vapenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Mrs. Doctor Vapenstein has taken to some aspects of vaping, but some days little things like struggling to keep a charge on her 510 batteries taxes her patience. I ordered an eGo USB passthrough for her from Liberty Flights, and it is out for delivery. I hope that between this and her Mad Vapes Smart PCC 510 kit she finds her frustration diminished. She won't go for a mod because she says she feels silly using my Copper and doesn't want to get arrested for possession of paraphernalia. I hope she changes her tune and moves to something with a real battery, but until then I hope this eGo passthrough does the job for her.

Geolog

Moved On
Sep 24, 2010
Pasadena, CA
I'm going to stay away from pass throughs. If I got one new and it was dead- the whole lot of them are probably laced with dead units. Almost all this stuff come from a few over seas manufacturers, and I've found that quality control is lacking. Mad Vapes will want me to pay the shipping for the exchange. I'm not going to buy anymore products from Mad Vapes or do business with dealers that require me to pay shipping on an exchange. I think the general failure rate on most e-cigs must be close to 50 percent.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I ordered a passthrough from Mad Vapes and it was DOA.

It's probably not DOA.

You need to use a 2amp AC to USB wall adapter and/or a 2amp Car to USB adapter to furnish enough power to passthroughs. If you were powering the PT using the USB port on your computer, it probably wasn't enough power and could have damaged the PT. Also, some computer USB ports won't power a passthrough at all. So, the PT you have might not be defective at all and might still work with a 2amp wall adapter. Madvapes has those adapters and is the only supplier I know of who has them at 2amps.

I have seven passthroughs, and they all work using the 2amp adapters. Some of them didn't work very well when plugged into my computer USB port or into any .5amp wall adapter, since .5amps just doesn't output enough power for passthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread