eGo using V4L WOW cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I am very interested in purchasing an eGo soon. Probably from MyVaporStore or Liberty Flights. My first question
Where is the best place to get an "authentic" Joye Tech eGo?
What is the voltage of a standard eGo battery?
Is the resistance of a WOW carto too low for an eGo?

I don't really want an eGo-T as I've looked around at them and it looks pretty complicated to fill cartridges, plus I've heard that flavor lacks a big part of the equation. I have a lot of WOW cartos and plenty of juice.. I'm just fed up with the inconsistent batterys. Starting to realize why everyone loves eGos!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
General opinion is that most eGo-style batteries are similar - eGo, Tornado, Riva etc. None seem to have a bad rep at any rate. I've got a couple of Tornados that have lasted a long time even though they are exclusively used with LR stuff. Any eGornadiva is about the same... LF do a 'full-voltage' one I think, in case that makes a difference to you - with LR it doesn't seem to be much of an issue, you get 6 watts or thereabouts, if you need more then 5v or VV would be the way to go.

Apart from that full-voltage special, they deliver about 3.3 volts not 3.7 but it doesn't seem too much of a handicap if using LR. I only have one 3.7v mod that uses a small 14500 battery, and for some reason I get about 25% more hit off the Tornado. Probably just bad connections or something in the mod, but it does mean that a 3.7 mod is not necessarily better than an eGornado in all circumstances.

Anyway battery voltage is not the whole story, battery capacity comes into it as the bigger it is the more poke it can supply ('poke' being local slang here for volts x amps and stuff like that hehe). Also the voltage waveform on an eGornado is not true DC, it's a chopped waveform, which also comes into the equation somehow. In theory a true DC waveform would deliver more power but that is the opposite of what I get, for some reason - but I only have one 3.7 mod and it may be faulty. I don't like those tiny penlight cells anyway, they are too small for the job.

The V4L cartos go 3.5 ohm (the Coolcarts) and 2.3 ohm (the Wowcarts and pre-filled) or thereabouts. With a 510-to-KR8 adapter from Madvapes etc they should work fine, even 1.5 ohm stuff is OK on an eGo type batt. It's said to kill them faster but like I say, mine have lasted fine. A 900mAh eGo-type batt will last hours with a V4L Wow cart, which is about equivalent to a regular 510 atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread