EhPro Sentinel review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiduhBMX

Apr 2, 2014
Fresno Ca
Warning: This is very ranty.
This mod is great, for the first few hours. After that, you have connection problems where it only fires if you hold the button just correctly. You end up having to sand down the contacts and because of that you will end up sanding so much off of the negative pin that you will end up with a 3mm hole in it. The locking ring will get stuck to the point you will have to use 2 pliers, one on the tube, one on the locking ring, to get it off. then the same thing will happen with the whole switch assemebely. The 510 threads will (no mater how smoothly and carefully you attach stuff to it) become loose and eventually get to the point where they are stripped. The finish turns to crap after 2 days of using it. I will say it hits hard, WHEN IT WORKS CORRECTLY which is RARELY. I don't advise this as your everyday mod, or a starter mod. Especially if you dont have the money to order a new mod so you have 80$ worth of tanks, batteries, and a charger laying around for 3 weeks while you wait for FT to ship. The switch gets loose also. The spring is weak and will fire if sat down, unlocked, with a nimbus on top. And the nimbus really isnt very heavy. I give this piece of junk 2 stars because it had it's good times when i really enjoyed it, and it was my first mod, but that is the only reason. To everyone who is thinking of buying it when it comes back in stock, save your money and buy something in stainless steel. Oh yeah, and i've only had this mod for about 3 weeks, you might not believe me, but i was taking good care of it the first 2 and a half, then i stopped caring.

http://www.madvapes.com/catalog/product/view/id/11911/
Senticrap - Imgur

Last edited:

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
I am sorry to hear about your experience, I have both the clone and the original and I can tell you without hesitation that the clone works better than the original, threads are better, conductivity is the same, fire button is far better, and most importantly it doesent short circuit as the original. But clones are a lottery, they are made in different factories so you never know what you are going to get.

Attachments

• IMG_20140410_105001438.jpg
    IMG_20140410_105001438.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 29

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The switch assembly fix has been posted on the forum and on Youtube.

Aluminum and/or Brass are both soft metals and care needs to be taken, or there are problems, as the OP discovered.

I have the SS Sentinel M16, found the fix for the switch, utilized it, and now enjoy using it daily. I regretted my buying decision within the first week, since the switch kept unscrewing itself, until I discovered the fix. Now, it's a daily driver and keeps me happy.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Where did you get your clone? I quite like the Sentinel series so i'm thinking about getting a new one.

I bought my SS M16 from 101vape for around $25. The SS m16 is nice, the threads are smooth, it has a nice heft to it without being heavy, and in 18650 mode is just a millimeter or 2 taller than my MVP. The floating 510 pin is tight and you have to unscrew the top cap and pressed it down onto a table to push it back in, but I've only had it a month and it might eventually get looser/better. And all it took to fix the unscrewing switch was a dab of cotton stuffed inside.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I bought my SS M16 from 101vape for around $25. The SS m16 is nice, the threads are smooth, it has a nice heft to it without being heavy, and in 18650 mode is just a millimeter or 2 taller than my MVP. The floating 510 pin is tight and you have to unscrew the top cap and pressed it down onto a table to push it back in, but I've only had it a month and it might eventually get looser/better. And all it took to fix the unscrewing switch was a dab of cotton stuffed inside.

Now this is why I join ECF, not to discuss which E-cig dong is bigger than the other...help each other with tips etc

SpiduhBMX

Apr 2, 2014
Fresno Ca
So, i put another spring in it thst i made myself,i polished the contacts with a wire brush wheel on a dremel. i decided i'm going to sand down the mod a bit to get rid of the plier marks then i'm going to spraypaint the aluminum black and polish the brass. even if it pisses me off, it's still my first mech mod, i might aswell make it look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread