Ejuice infused tooth picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I use to be a cinnamon toothpick dealer in elementary school. When I made my product I had to pour the oil in boiling water and put the toothpicks in for an hour for proper saturation. You'd probably waste a lot of nicotine doing this. Measuring levels would be nearly impossible in a home setting I would think.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I use to be a cinnamon toothpick dealer in elementary school. When I made my product I had to pour the oil in boiling water and put the toothpicks in for an hour for proper saturation. You'd probably waste a lot of nicotine doing this. Measuring levels would be nearly impossible in a home setting I would think.

Ah yes, the good old days (early to late 1950's) when I too made flavored toothpicks for personal and school friends use (not for sale). Started with Clove Bud oils that'd take a few layers of skin off your tongue/mouth and leave your taste buds burned dead for hours (except for more Clove TP's), but I also did Cinnamon Bark, Spearmint, Peppermint and Lime oil TP's. No water bath needed, just soaked in pure oils - the longer the TP's were soaked the stronger and 'hotter' they were. I bought the oils from the pharmacist at a neighborhood drug store (same one I bought the chemicals at to make far more dangerous adventures). That drug stores soda fountain made Ironport Soda's, a favorite (so I was in drug store soda fountains often much of my youth). They are still popular today in that part of the country at places that still have soda fountains in the general areas around Yellowstone/Grand Teton Nat'l Parks in MT, WY, ID and south in UT (on the western slopes of the Rocky Mountains). Last time I was up around the parks or the family properties in that area and south was 1990 IIRC, so I haven't had an Ironport for decades. :(

Me too! One ugly lesson I learned was to be sure to wash my hands really well before using the bathroom.
:shock::evil:

I think we all learned that one post haste. And don't forget getting the oils in your eyes... also a big ouch! :D

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    No water bath needed, just soaked in pure oils - the longer the TP's were soaked the stronger and 'hotter' they were.
    That's the way we did back then (late '70s).
    As I remember, we just stuck them in the small cylinder jar for a while, then turned them over to get the other side. I think we sold them for ten cents a piece, or three for a quarter.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    That's the way we did back then (late '70s).
    As I remember, we just stuck them in the small cylinder jar for a while, then turned them over to get the other side. I think we sold them for ten cents a piece, or three for a quarter.

The oils from this old pharmacy back then were sold in about 5/8" diameter tall vials that were a perfect size and about a half inch longer than the TP's to make the flavored TP's in. But you had to start from an empty vial about 3/4's full of toothpicks, then pour the oils in with them to the top... and add more oil if they soaked up enough to expose the top of the TP's. Easily done though as the pharmacist made up the vials from much larger containers and always gave me extra empty vials since he knew what i was doing with the oils. The flat toothpicks in those days would easily become oil soaked thru and thru overnight, but they did intensify even more if you kept them in the oil for an extra day so every cell in the wood held the concentrated oils. I had a couple dozen vials going much of the time. I also didn't dry the TP's, just kept them in empty vials (hence the excess oil on fingers that had to be washed thoroughly before touching anything sensitive). Those vials were also perfect to carry them in a shirt or Levis change pocket out of sight of certain lady school teachers who strongly nixed the fad and erroneously told us that those oils were poisonous (they are essential oils lady). I never sold them, just shared them with friends.
    (From my early grade school years I did odd jobs for people and small businesses to earn plenty of extra spending money that I could count on having year round for anything I wanted, and held regular jobs from 7th grade on.)

Reactions: smacuser

syco26

Jan 11, 2016
    Thanks all for the replies. Never tried a flavoured TP. Wasn’t something I had ever heard of here.

The reason behind the question is we have just had a rule change at work where we are only allowed to smoke/vape in 2X half hour windows per day. None before or after shift while on site either. Get caught outside these two windows and I have no job. I work 14 hour days and the two tiny windows will kill me as I love vaping whenever I feel the urge, whenever walking past a smoking area and whenever I need to clear my head for a couple minutes. Was looking for options I can make with the ingredients I have on hand to keep the cravings down as I don’t want to be purchasing gums and such.

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread