Ejuice spill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy_1240

Sep 4, 2018
Hello
I recently spilled ejuice on my carpet I wiped it up and the rest dried however I wanted to know when liquid nicotine is spilled on a surface and all the liquid is dried up is there still active nicotine on the surface for example if somone walked through a spot where I spilled liquid can nicotine be absorbed through there skin from walking through that spot every though it’s all dried up or does nicotine Go away or dilute when it is dried up
Thank you

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know the answer to that, but to be on the safe side I might shampoo the carpet. I do think most of it would have soaked through to the pad underneath, so I really can't say if shampooing it would work.

I don't think a barefoot walk would do much to you if it's dried... Unless you have sweaty feet. Maybe if pets are involved and start licking the carpet (I mean, some of them just Do It, regardless) but yeah, like I guess maybe call a carpet cleaning service and get their thoughts? They are "supposed" to be the experts. I'd think a liberal spraying of wet baking soda on the carpet would be enough.

But, I've always well, STRIVEN to not know that much about carpet cleaning it's a lot harder to be volunteered when you are like ,"Okay what do I do with this giant machine now? Dove should do the trick, right?"

Anna

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Clinical Significance
This assay is used for the detection of nicotine and cotinine in serum and plasma to determine the tobacco exposure status of the individual. Nicotine has a short half-life of approximately forty minutes; its presence may indicate recent tobacco exposure. Cotinine, the major nicotine metabolite, has a half-life of 24 hours and is detectable for several days after cessation of tobacco exposure.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
If it really worries you that much... get one of these
7g/h Portable Ozone Generator Long Life Ozonizer Air water Purifier Sterilizer treatment Ozone addition to formaldehyde 55W 220V-in Air Purifiers from Home Appliances on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Let it run for half an hour (while you're not at home), and the ozone has broken down any nicotine that still might've been in that carpet.. Okay, that's a bit stupid, you're looking for a quick solution. Really, you don't need anything special. Throw some good amount of salt on the spot on the carpet, add some water, let the solution sink in, wait till it has dried out the next day, vacuum it. Done.

Billy_1240

Sep 4, 2018
Hello,
I recently bought 50nic refill juice to refil my juul pods however while I was filling up a pod the bottle fell over and cracked and leaked all over my furniture and carpeting. How should I go about cleaning this up it has dried by now but I have 2 dogs and children and I don’t want to have them walking on the area it spilled and get poisoned or sick. So how should I clean this to be sure there is no nicotine on the areas it spilled. Thank you

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hello,
    I recently bought 50nic refill juice to refil my juul pods however while I was filling up a pod the bottle fell over and cracked and leaked all over my furniture and carpeting. How should I go about cleaning this up it has dried by now but I have 2 dogs and children and I don’t want to have them walking on the area it spilled and get poisoned or sick. So how should I clean this to be sure there is no nicotine on the areas it spilled. Thank you
    I see this was a while ago. If the areas are still wet, blot it up. Then I would really wet the areas and blot again. Keep the kids and animals in the other room until you are sure you diluted it really good with more dousing and blotting.

As long as the animals and kids stay out of the affected areas, everyone should be good.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Luckily nic juice is water soluble so standard cleaning products should do it. The stuff also doesn’t really dry but it does sink into things. Scrub deep. The most dangerous situation you have there is dogs and pg. dog innards do NOT get along well with pg. it’s water soluble too though so a standard cleanup should be fine

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well if the spill is big enough for a rug cleaner, do the whole house, it will be more cost effective.

Honestly if it's a small spill, blotting and cleaning with traditional spot cleaners and stuff should do the trick.

Unless your pets routinely lick the carpet (most don't) and unless the smell is particularly fantastic to them, I don't tend to see any animals that came inside my house really interested at ALL in my nic stash even if I had a small spill or something there, I have a hunch that for the most part, they aren't going to do what you fear (kids either) and if it's dry much o it may have soaked into the underpad by now the good news on that being, it's rally not accessible to the tongues of pets or children there.

So, use reasonable caution, I mean clean the area. But you don't have to treat it like a level one hazmat condition either would be my advice.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread