Ejuice user database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2010
Oregon
As many juices out there, this is something I wish I had the know how to do. Thinking of Netflix where it suggests shows based on what other people like who enjoy the same show as you. It would be nice if you could rate juices on how much you like and if you would consider it an all day vape and it would build a profile for you. Then you could look up people who closely match your tastes and see what their other favorites are.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
there actually is a site already kinda like that: ratemyejuice.com...started out with a bang, but then kinda fizzled for some reason. maybe we just need to get the word out?

EDIT: i obviously have poor reading comprehension skills, lol -- that site only shows ratings for each juice, but doesn't suggest any...but that would be cool -- you set it up, k? ;)

Last edited:

Amutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2010
Oregon
It would be great if we could have a star rating for juice and basic ecigs. maybe even parts

the only issue I see with ejuice is that taste is so different for people. I have bought things that people rave about and for me they are pretty tasteless : (

That's the idea. The system would take what you have rated highest and look for others who rated the same things high to find people with generally similar tastes to yours. So if you clicked someone that say you were 95% in agreement with tastewise and looked at what they were raving about odds are you would like it.

Netflix used to have more of that before they took it out. I could click through people that were certain % compatible with my ratings to see what they liked to watch. Now it just suggests shows.

billtaichi

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
NC
I have the know how to do it, been a web developer for a long time but finding time to create it and then maintain it is another matter. You would really need to advertise it and work hard to get a core set of people using it or it will just sit there. Someone mentioned adding it to the ECF site, that would be ideal, would make it easy to "keep it visible". Love your idea of showing what others with similar tastes like.

Amutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2010
Oregon
I have the know how to do it, been a web developer for a long time but finding time to create it and then maintain it is another matter. You would really need to advertise it and work hard to get a core set of people using it or it will just sit there. Someone mentioned adding it to the ECF site, that would be ideal, would make it easy to "keep it visible". Love your idea of showing what others with similar tastes like.

Added to ECF would be nice;) an option to display compatibility rank next to names on posts would be especially nice when you are reading through the reviews sections of these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread