Eleaf Ello Tanks- needs 'deep' initial cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I just received an Eleaf Ikonn with an Ello tank and 2 HW coils. I know with other tanks I've bought (Kayfun, whatever) it usually requires a very thorough and mutli step cleaning to eliminate taste from the oils (whatever) used in the mfg process.
Is the same true for these tanks as well?

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I just received an Eleaf Ikonn with an Ello tank and 2 HW coils. I know with other tanks I've bought (Kayfun, whatever) it usually requires a very thorough and mutli step cleaning to eliminate taste from the oils (whatever) used in the mfg process.
Is the same true for these tanks as well?
Generally speaking every tank should get a thorough initial cleaning. You never know what kind of residue is left over from the manufacture of the tank. Because you will be inhaling whatever is in the tank you are gonna want to eliminate anything other than your juice.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
ALL atomizers should be thoroughly cleaned before use to remove residual machine oil and other contaminants.
I use a toothbrush, dish soap and really hot water and at least two good washed and rinses. Machine oil is toxic and tastes vile and as the stabby guy said, anything inside the device is going into your lungs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wash every new tank. Hot water, some mild dishsoap and a toothbrush should do the trick. Disassemble it completely including the O rings which can also have traces of machine oil.. I use an ultrasonic cleaner, but mainly because it's convenient, you don't require one to get a tank clean and ready to use, but it can be helpful. You can achieve the exact same results with a thorough scrubbing and rinsing, it's just more work, etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread