Eleaf Elven Pod Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Elven Pod Starter Kit from eleaf. The Elven Pod Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by eleaf.

Elven - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Introduction

The Elven is Eleaf's latest pod system and is a very simple draw activated device. It is direct output device with 1.6ohm coils fitted in the pods, it has a 360mAh battery and the capacity of the pods are 1.6ml. The device does have battery status indication and also has 2 different airflow set-ups dependent on which way the pod is fitted. For those that think "not another pod system" and have no interest in them that's fair enough but whatever i or someone not interested in pod systems think the fact is manufacturers wouldn't keep churning them out unless they are selling which means many others like them, i also believe they are good devices for initially getting people off cigarettes which should always be encouraged!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Eleaf Elven Battery
2 x Eleaf Elven Cartridge
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x User Manual

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Elven came in the usual cardboard style packaging that Eleaf products are packed in and from the picture on the front of the box i knew i had received the Gold version. The Elven is also available in Blue, Red, White and Black with the pods being a transparent tinted Black colour to match the base of the device where the micro USB is housed which is a small plastic section also Black. The rest of the device is the colour of choice and is an elongated pill shape, it's made of Aluminium Alloy and weighs almost nothing as well as being extremely small. The top of the device is a frame for the pod to fit in place and has again a pill shape viewing window both sides so viewing your liquid level is very good with the Elven. With the pod fitted it just carry's on the elongated pill shape so the mouthpiece is rounded and very comfortable between the lips. The front of the device has a very small indication light central towards the bottom, the back of the device is featureless. One side of the device we have a small air hole towards the top and "Eleaf elven" printed towards the bottom, the other side has printed safety stamps. The device is very pocket friendly and for a not expensive simple pod device the build quality is good.

Elven Specs and Features:

Size: 20 x 10 x 100mm
Battery Capacity: Built-in 360mAh
Material: Aluminium Alloy + Plastic
Power Range: 5W-15W
E-juice Capacity: 1.6ml
Coil Resistance: 1.6ohm
Output Mode: Direct Output Mode
Charging Port: Micro USB
Three Colour Battery Indicator Light: Green(100%-60%), Blue(59%-20%),Red(≤19%)
Ultra small and lightweight with no button design
360mAh built-in battery with intuitive battery indicator
Different airflow in one pod by with 1.6ml capacity
Easy side filling system with visible e-liquid window
1.6ohm coil for MTL flavors and higher nicotine salt
Colours: Blue, Red, Gold, White, Black

The Pod

The Pod has a 1.6ohm coil installed which is positioned vertically, it is quite a small pod and has a liquid capacity of 1.6ml. As mentioned previously the pod is tinted Black but is very transparent so you can clearly see the e-liquid inside the pod at all times. On the side of the pod we have a silicone bung which stays attached to the pod when lifted to reveal the juice filling port. The fill port is about as big as it can be on this size of pod so it's just a case of filling slowly to avoid a mess. Looking at the bottom of the pod we can see the 2 contacts central and to one side the opening that leads down to the membrane switch to activate the device when taking a draw. You receive 2 pods which is a huge pro especially as pod systems of late have been released with just the one.

Fitting The Pod

The pod looks like it's just press fitted into place but it gives a real satisfying snap when fitted and is as secure as any pod system i have used, in fact removing the pod takes a bit of effort but not a con in my book because i want the pod to be fitted this securely. When looking inside the device you can see the Gold plated, spring loaded central contacts, also we have slots either side leading down to the membrane switch, these are both sides allowing the pod to be fitted either way.

The Airflow

On one side of the device we have a small airflow hole that allows air to get to the pod. You can have 2 different airflow set-ups with the Elven dependant on which way you fit the pod. If you fit the pod with the silicone bung near to the airflow hole this is the side of the pod that houses the air slot on the pod so it is slightly more airy, if the pod is fitted the opposite way the airflow is slightly tighter as the slot on the pod is on the opposite side.

Using The Elven

The Elven is a simple direct output, draw activated device with no physical button, just take a draw and the device fires. The device does have battery indication which is when vaping if the LED lights Green the battery is between 60% and 100%, when it lights Blue it's between 20% and 59% and finally when the light goes Red it's below 20%. The Elven also has all the safety protections you would expect which are indicated by various light flashes when they kick in.

Protections

Over-charge protection
Over-discharge protection
Over-current protection
Reverse polarity protection
Over 10s protection
Short circuit protection

My Experience Using The Elven

It's another simple draw activated pod system that does what it's meant to do well. The flavour is comparable to other pod systems and is slightly above average but not matching the likes of the Zero or EQ. The 2 different draws are not masses apart, we are not talking a super tight draw and then when the pod is fitted the opposite way a very airy vape the difference is much more subtle. With the tighter draw i would describe it has a cigarette draw with the other draw being just slightly more airy. I used the Elven with nic salts, high nic and nic salts is really what the device is meant for and not for chain vaping lower nicotine liquids. When using with nic salts (the same should be the case with high nic) along with the 1.6ohm pod the 360mAh lasts quite well and charges quickly with 1A charging but of course a bigger battery would always be preferable. Being direct output towards the end of the battery life you can feel the vape weaken but it's only noticeable when the battery is about due to charge. During the time using the device i had no leaking whatsoever. The only other thing worth mentioning is if you are interested shop around i have found the Elven as cheap as $16 which is a great price.

Very light
Pocket friendly
Good choice of colours
Ease of use
2 pods included
Battery status indication
Multiple protections
2 different airflow set-ups
Above average flavour (comparable to pods)
Pods fit very securely
Suffered no leaking
1A charging

Cons

Direct output (will be weakening of vape, but it's barely noticeable)
Takes effort to get pods out device (not a con for me, but might be for some people)
Small battery

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the Elven Pod Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

Elven - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread