Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
2019-01-14 (1).png

Good evening Vapers,
Tonight is my review of the latest Pod system from eleaf, the Elven.
This product was sent directly from eleaf for the purpose of this review.

Lets dive right in to the specifications.
This device is Small and Lightweight!

20mm x 10mm x 100mm
Lightweight aluminum body
Micro USB port for charging
1.6 ohm refillable Pod
1.6ml Pod capacity
Weight is 24 grams
Battery is 360mah

In the Box you get
1 x Elven in either Blue, Black, Gold, Silver, or Red
2 x 1.6ml 1.6ohm Pods
1 x User Manual
1 x USB Micro charging cable

These days its seems that every manufacture is designing a new Pod system, and eleaf is not giving in to the competition just yet.
Their first, the Iwu or as I have heard it called, the USB Memory Stick, came with a unique sliding outer sleeve that closed over the Pod iself. With the Elven they have gone a different route.
elven3.jpg

Now from the looks of it it is approximately the same length as the Iwu but lets see it from the side.
elven2.jpg
The Elven is slim and small, no doubt about it.
Here it is next to the Suorin Vagon
elven5.jpg

The design of the metal sleeve for the Elven gives you a constant view of the liquid level inside the Pod. On the Side of the Elven their is 1 Air Inlet hole which gives the User a tight Mouth-to-Lung draw, and yes the Elven is Draw Activated so no need for buttons. Their is a second hole just below the Air Inlet hole that can be punched out to give the User a more Direct-To-Lung draw if the Single hole is too restrictive.
elven1.jpg

The Air Inlet on the Pod is just below the Refillable Port
elven6.jpg

The Pod is pretty easy to refill and I did not encounter and leaks from the rubber stopper.

The flavor from the 1.6ohm Pod is pretty par for the course with all the other Pods on the market, I used a 50mg Frankenberry eliquid which gave the flavor but I'm sure with a sweeter more potent flavor this Pod would be more flavorable.

The Battery being only 360mah is a tad on the small side but if you are switching from traditional cigarettes to vaping and using a high nicotine strength, then this battery is going to last you all day.
The Battery is rechargeable on the end of the device using a Mico USB cable which is included inside the box.
The Battery also has an LED indicator light just above the charging port which will illuminates when in use and will let you know how much battery that you have remaining.
Green equals 100 to 60%
Blue equals 50 to 20%
and Red equals 19% to depleted.

Eleaf has thrown in their normal protections as with many of their devices, Overcharge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Reverse Polarity, Short Circuit, and 10 second Puff protecions.

If you are looking for a Pod system whether you are switching from traditional cigarettes of just to use on-the-go, that is small, discrete, and very light weight, then I would have you take a look at the simplistic Elven.

as always, Vape Safe before you Vape Happy,

Tonee N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread