Eleaf invoke 220w elloT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara12

Aug 2, 2018
Please help someone.
I know nothing about vaping but have bought the above and the instructions for someone with no knowledge aren't really helping me set it up.
Can someone just tell me what setting to use? I want a mild puff - not one that makes you cough - I've bought 12mg liquid.
I'm no youngster and really just want to use this machine as I'm trying to stop smoking - so would rather someone just say do this instead of having to read a lot of stuff (which I have just been doing on the forum but it's like a foreign language to me ) that I probably won't understand.
In mode it says vw, tc or tcr, then goes into ni ti and ss or m1 m2 and m3 - without telling me what any of these things mean.
Hoping someone out there can help.
Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can only give you a partial answer, sorry. Basically though, most people start out in Wattage mode, not TC, although you have to be certain your coil head is not made of TC material or anything (titanium or nickle, basically). Kanthal and stainless steel coils (which I'm going to guess you have, but you can check the manufacturer's page if you are unsure.

Whether your setup is designed for kind of "moderate" vaping or not, I'm not sure. However, in general (but not always) I would look on the sides of the coils you have (you may need magnification glasses) and in small letters it should tell you the resistance (ohms) there will be a weird sort of upside down symbol that looks like an open "O" with two tails. The lower the resistance (kind of generally) the more likely it is to need more wattage. There should also be a wattage range printed on your coil, and that should tell you "around where" it likes to run, wattage wise, and also, it's a RECOMMENDATION you can always vape lower if you want. I often do. Going above it is likely to shorten coil life.

Then you need to prime your coil, meaning let it soak in the tank for a bit and then start wicking eliquid up into your coil by a few long, slow pulls without hitting the fire button. Start increasing a few watts at the time (you may see no vapor at first and that is fine) and increase until you feel you have the right amount of clouds and vapor for you. Airflow which should be adjustable in your tank will also make a difference. Play with the airflow settings and etc.

IDK if 12 m.g. liquid is going to be too much for you at first with that setup. Depending on what wattage you end up with, you may find it's too much nicotine and/or harsh. You can dilute the juice you have if you find 12 m.g. to be too much, or just experiment with different amounts of nicotine. I will say when I got here with a sub0hm setup I was using 12 m.g. of nicotine which was FAR too much, even as a former 3 ppd smoker, so I switched to lower power, less cloudy vape setups and I have been happy there.

I'm sure more folks will be along to assist you but hopefully that can kind of get you going, and etc. I get how it can be so complicated with all the jargon and I would suggest checking out the "New members information forum" which has some useful posts. There are also some blogs with some great articles and even videos which you may find helpful.

Finally, if things are still to complex, check out a few YouTube reviews on your kit, they can be useful not so much for only the reviewer's opinion, but also in setup of tank and mod. IMHO they can be worth a million Chinese user manuals and etc.

Welcome to ECF and I hope you have good success with your setup. If you continue to have questions as you go, continue to ask them. I am sure all will become (more) clear.

Anna

Sara12

Aug 2, 2018
I can only give you a partial answer, sorry. Basically though, most people start out in Wattage mode, not TC, although you have to be certain your coil head is not made of TC material or anything (titanium or nickle, basically). Kanthal and stainless steel coils (which I'm going to guess you have, but you can check the manufacturer's page if you are unsure.

Whether your setup is designed for kind of "moderate" vaping or not, I'm not sure. However, in general (but not always) I would look on the sides of the coils you have (you may need magnification glasses) and in small letters it should tell you the resistance (ohms) there will be a weird sort of upside down symbol that looks like an open "O" with two tails. The lower the resistance (kind of generally) the more likely it is to need more wattage. There should also be a wattage range printed on your coil, and that should tell you "around where" it likes to run, wattage wise, and also, it's a RECOMMENDATION you can always vape lower if you want. I often do. Going above it is likely to shorten coil life.

Then you need to prime your coil, meaning let it soak in the tank for a bit and then start wicking eliquid up into your coil by a few long, slow pulls without hitting the fire button. Start increasing a few watts at the time (you may see no vapor at first and that is fine) and increase until you feel you have the right amount of clouds and vapor for you. Airflow which should be adjustable in your tank will also make a difference. Play with the airflow settings and etc.

IDK if 12 m.g. liquid is going to be too much for you at first with that setup. Depending on what wattage you end up with, you may find it's too much nicotine and/or harsh. You can dilute the juice you have if you find 12 m.g. to be too much, or just experiment with different amounts of nicotine. I will say when I got here with a sub0hm setup I was using 12 m.g. of nicotine which was FAR too much, even as a former 3 ppd smoker, so I switched to lower power, less cloudy vape setups and I have been happy there.

I'm sure more folks will be along to assist you but hopefully that can kind of get you going, and etc. I get how it can be so complicated with all the jargon and I would suggest checking out the "New members information forum" which has some useful posts. There are also some blogs with some great articles and even videos which you may find helpful.

Finally, if things are still to complex, check out a few YouTube reviews on your kit, they can be useful not so much for only the reviewer's opinion, but also in setup of tank and mod. IMHO they can be worth a million Chinese user manuals and etc.

Welcome to ECF and I hope you have good success with your setup. If you continue to have questions as you go, continue to ask them. I am sure all will become (more) clear.

Anna

Anna
Thank you Anna. It is a 0.2 ohm 50-130w. So I've put it in vw mode and tried 50w which was really strong so now gone down to 40w. But I think the problem may be the amount of nicotine in the liquid. Will go tomorrow and buy the 3mg one to see if that's any better.
I assume you still inhale the vape like a cigarette?

• Agree

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you Anna. It is a 0.2 ohm 50-130w. So I've put it in vw mode and tried 50w which was really strong so now gone down to 40w. But I think the problem may be the amount of nicotine in the liquid. Will go tomorrow and buy the 3mg one to see if that's any better.
I assume you still inhale the vape like a cigarette?
Vaping technique is generally considered to be different from smoking. A more gentle, slower draw seems to work best for most devices. Many new vapors complain that the vape is too harsh or makes them cough compared to smoking. Well, when you first began to smoke I'm willing to bet that it was harsh and made you cough. Your body adapted to the smoke and those symptoms went away. The same will be true with vaping. Your body will adapt to vapor like it did with smoke.

Although the coil manufacturer's recommended wattage range should always be considered, its not written in stone that you have to use that wattage. The wattage YOU use should be what gives you the desired results you want. For example, the recommended wattage range for a particular coil may be 50 - 130 watts, but if 30 - 40 watts works good for you then use that.

So, how do you determine what is your desired vape experience? The vapor should not be too warm or harsh and it should produce a reasonable amount of vapor. You may need to "play around" with the wattage setting of your battery device and/or the air intake of the tank (if available). You should eventually enjoy vaping as much if not more than smoking tobacco.

Many tanks have different coil options available. Lower ohm coils will usually produce a warmer vapor, more vapor volume, and require more air intake and more battery power (wattage). Higher ohm coils should produce a cooler vapor, less vapor volume, and require less air and less power. Therefore, you may want to experiment with a variety of coils for your tank if they are available.

Tanks are generally either MTL (mouth to lung) or DTL (direct to lung). Most beginner vapers prefer MTL because it has a restricted draw and it more simulates the draw of a cigarette. More advanced vapers may change to a DTL tank because it has a more open draw allowing for larger volumes of vapor and less nicotine in the e-liquid.

For e-liquid, the typical nicotine recommendations are generally determined by how much you smoked, and are as follows:

1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg​

* Should you choose to use a sub-ohm juice attachment (coil less than 1.0 ohm); drop the above recommendations by half.​

"Throat hit" is primarily the result of the nicotine concentration in the e-liquid. Using too high of a nic concentration will result in harshness, sore throat, coughing, headache, and nausea.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Sara12

Sara12

Aug 2, 2018
Vaping technique is generally considered to be different from smoking. A more gentle, slower draw seems to work best for most devices. Many new vapors complain that the vape is too harsh or makes them cough compared to smoking. Well, when you first began to smoke I'm willing to bet that it was harsh and made you cough. Your body adapted to the smoke and those symptoms went away. The same will be true with vaping. Your body will adapt to vapor like it did with smoke.

Although the coil manufacturer's recommended wattage range should always be considered, its not written in stone that you have to use that wattage. The wattage YOU use should be what gives you the desired results you want. For example, the recommended wattage range for a particular coil may be 50 - 130 watts, but if 30 - 40 watts works good for you then use that.

So, how do you determine what is your desired vape experience? The vapor should not be too warm or harsh and it should produce a reasonable amount of vapor. You may need to "play around" with the wattage setting of your battery device and/or the air intake of the tank (if available). You should eventually enjoy vaping as much if not more than smoking tobacco.

Many tanks have different coil options available. Lower ohm coils will usually produce a warmer vapor, more vapor volume, and require more air intake and more battery power (wattage). Higher ohm coils should produce a cooler vapor, less vapor volume, and require less air and less power. Therefore, you may want to experiment with a variety of coils for your tank if they are available.

Tanks are generally either MTL (mouth to lung) or DTL (direct to lung). Most beginner vapers prefer MTL because it has a restricted draw and it more simulates the draw of a cigarette. More advanced vapers may change to a DTL tank because it has a more open draw allowing for larger volumes of vapor and less nicotine in the e-liquid.

For e-liquid, the typical nicotine recommendations are generally determined by how much you smoked, and are as follows:

1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg​

* Should you choose to use a sub-ohm juice attachment (coil less than 1.0 ohm); drop the above recommendations by half.​

"Throat hit" is primarily the result of the nicotine concentration in the e-liquid. Using too high of a nic concentration will result in harshness, sore throat, coughing, headache, and nausea.​

Thank you Baditude, I found this really helpful and have just watched the videos. So I think I need to get a mouthpiece and also a higher ohmed coil. Also the technique I will need to practice. God, I'm like those grannies that are given a smartphone for the 1st time .

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Sara,
    The invoke is a fantastic mod. Read up on @Baditude's links about mtl v DL. The ello tank is more aimed at the direct lung, low ohm style of vaping.

If you find you prefer the cigarette style mtl - higher ohm vaping - have a look at the innokin zenith mtl tank, or a cheaper option: innokin endura t22 or t20s tank.

Good luck :)

Sara12

Aug 2, 2018
    Hi Sara,
    The invoke is a fantastic mod. Read up on @Baditude's links about mtl v DL. The ello tank is more aimed at the direct lung, low ohm style of vaping.

If you find you prefer the cigarette style mtl - higher ohm vaping - have a look at the innokin zenith mtl tank, or a cheaper option: innokin endura t22 or t20s tank.

Good luck :)
    Thank you Ange, are these compatible with the vape machine thingy that I've bought? Eleaf invoke elloT.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Thank you Ange, are these compatible with the vape machine thingy that I've bought? Eleaf invoke elloT.
    The Zenith tank would be compatable with your Eleaf Invoke.

The Eleaf Invoke a battery device.
    The Ello T is a juice delivery attachment (tank).
    The Innokin Zenith is a juice delivery device, too.
    You can essentually put any tank on any battery device, and vice versa.

* The only incompatibility issues that I could foresee would be if you put some sub-ohm tanks on a lower power (less than 30 total watts) battery device.

For instance, I wouldn't try to use a SMOK Baby Beast sub-ohm tank on a 30 watt Eleaf Istick battery device. The coils for the Baby Beast tank require over 30 watts power and the Istick battery is too underpowered to fire those coils.

So know the specifications of your gear. Your Eleaf Invoke has a total of 220 watt output, so you could use any tank/coils on it.​

SMOK-TFV8-Baby-Beast-Coils_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Sara12

Aug 2, 2018
    Yup as Baditude said - once you have the mod: ie your eLeaf Invoke, you can put any tank you like on it :thumb:

I've got the innokin zenith on my eleaf invoke - looks and works great.
    Great! I just cannot believe this whole unknown world of vape speak and knowledge that I never knew about!
    So great to have such good responses though. Thanks to everyone who has helped. May get my vaping licence soon

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yep the invoke is a great little mod for many types of atomizers. I think a Zenith would look great on top, I have an Ego One tank on mine at the moment. But, I really think you might enjoy the vapor and it not being so overwhelming a LOT more, the zenith is one of my favorite drop in MTL tanks, both coils are great (1.6 and 0.8) and they last a LONG time. Flavor production is also great on those tanks.

I started out with really, really sub0hm setup, and I am so glad I switched to a MTL (more cigarette like draw, less vapor, and higher nicotine levels) way of vaping. I don't think I would ever have been successful with sub0hm vaping, it's just not my thing but the good news is, trying some smaller tanks can be pretty inexpensive, and you may find you prefer that style of vaping a good deal more. The Invoke will just give you great battery life, as you'll be running it at reduced wattage.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Anna

• Useful
    Reactions: Baditude
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread