Eleaf ipower malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I just had my eleaf ipower 80 watt mod resting on a flat surface, I know the fire button wasn't pressed. And I went to pick it up and it was unbelievably hot. The rda on top of it was really hot too, even hotter than the mod.

Kinda shocked up it got so hot, think I'll be using the Pico until I can afford different mods.

Now I have 2 ipowers that I need to dispose of. one from a hard drop. Does anyone have any idea how to safely dispose of them?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now I have 2 ipowers that I need to dispose of. one from a hard drop. Does anyone have any idea how to safely dispose of them?
Well, it has a lithium ion battery inside. Places like Home Depot usually have a battery disposal/recycle place on their premises.

Sorry for you losses. Sounds like eLeaf is having a bad run of internal batteries. Your incidents have not been the first.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I'd recycle it at any place that will accept batteries. Since it's an internal, I gather. That's too bad, I'm also assuming it's out of warranty? Sometimes it's worthwhile to check with the manufacturer if there's still time left on the manufacturer's side, not the vendors side. I kind of doubt it, unless it's still in warranty, but it never hurts to check, as even though it may be out of warranty, if the manufacturer is noting that and etc., well, you might be able to get it looked at. I'm kind of doubtful, but I guess it might be worth an email. Etc.

Anna

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sadly ive had two of these break on me. The fire button false fires and if the cutout fails it could be disasterous. Also had the same problem with the original 50 e leaf. Such a shame really as they are very good mods but do seem to suffer from many problems. Fortunately not all Eleaf mods suffer from this problem.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Sadly ive had two of these break on me. The fire button false fires and if the cutout fails it could be disasterous. Also had the same problem with the original 50 e leaf. Such a shame really as they are very good mods but do seem to suffer from many problems. Fortunately not all Eleaf mods suffer from this problem.
    If they suffer from so many problems I’m not sure how the “very good” monicker could be successfully applied.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If they suffer from so many problems I’m not sure how the “very good” monicker could be successfully applied.
    I have several different eleaf mods and overall they are very good for the price.......if you manage to get a good one. Ive owned 2 Eleaf 50's, one lasted only a couple of weeks when it stared auto firing so it went in the bin. The other one ive been using for over two years and its never showed this problem. I use it for work, im a builder of sorts so it gets a hammering throughtout the day.
    My 3 eleaf 80's overall are very good even tho one played up.
    I also use an eleaf 100 dual batt mod and thats fantastic, never let me down. Several other eleaf mods i have are also very reliable.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have several different eleaf mods and overall they are very good for the price.......if you manage to get a good one. Ive owned 2 Eleaf 50's, one lasted only a couple of weeks when it stared auto firing so it went in the bin. The other one ive been using for over two years and its never showed this problem. I use it for work, im a builder of sorts so it gets a hammering throughtout the day.
    My 3 eleaf 80's overall are very good even tho one played up.
    I also use an eleaf 100 dual batt mod and thats fantastic, never let me down. Several other eleaf mods i have are also very reliable.
    So you’re saying that Eleaf in general has a good rep (I agree) but this particular model not so much then?

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    So you’re saying that Eleaf in general has a good rep (I agree) but this particular model not so much then?
    A lot of people dont rate eleaf, but in my experience i find them pretty good. My main problem was with the old 50W device. When it first came out it looked really good, very comfortable in the hand and had a massive internal battery. The one i had problems with only lasted a couple of weeks but my other one is great, still going strong.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Would anyone suggest an external battery mod that is not very likely to auto fire? My budget is 60 and preferably dual

Look into the Geekvape Legend (shock proof and water resistant) or the Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus (I have one that serves as my backup; the 213 watt rating is over-rated, but its a well built and nicely designed mod).

I've not come across any negative reports with either of these except the Segelei over-rating its power output.

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, I just don't trust it anymore.
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

Would anyone suggest an external battery mod that is not very likely to auto fire?
    I have nearly 90 different mods, approx 70 that are external battery powered, both single, dual and triple batteries. None of them have ever auto-fired, even the internal battery mods, with the exception of the eleaf 50W.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
    Feb 8, 2017
    I have nearly 90 different mods, approx 70 that are external battery powered, both single, dual and triple batteries. None of them have ever auto-fired, even the internal battery mods, with the exception of the eleaf 50W.
    Well, I this makes me trust the istick /power line less

• Optimistic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread