Eleaf iStick 40w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'm not sure what you mean by an 'aspire 3' coil, but the best wattage setting will depend on the coil. coils usually have recommended power settings written on them, or at least on the box the coils come in. If you can find the recommendations, start at about 1/2 the lowest setting. Then increase the setting gradually. The vape should improve. Keep increasing until the vape starts getting worse, not better, then turn it down to where you liked it best. That's the right setting for you.

Martyp206

Nov 4, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean by an 'aspire 3' coil, but the best wattage setting will depend on the coil. Coils usually have recommended power settings written on them, or at least on the box the coils come in. If you can find the recommendations, start at about 1/2 the lowest setting. Then increase the setting gradually. The vape should improve. Keep increasing until the vape starts getting worse, not better, then turn it down to where you liked it best. That's the right setting for you.
Sorry I'm using a k3 aspire tank & the coil is 1.8 hope that helps

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sorry I'm using a k3 aspire tank & the coil I 1.8 hope that helos
The Aspire Nautilus 1.8 ohm coil work the best in the 10W to 14W range as printed on the coil.

Those coils and the K3 are designed to work with juice that is high in PG.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The liquid I'm using is 50pg would that be OK with the coils I'm using?
That should be fine, if it has a hard time wicking or you are getting dry hits, Aspire makes a NicSalt version of the 1.8 ohm coil for their Nautilus AIO that has larger juice holes. They fit the K3 perfectly and will allow you to use thicker juice.

• Agree
Reactions: Martyp206

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Martyp206. Welcome to the ECF

Finding the Best Wattage for a Coil is Easy. Just put in a New Coil in your Tank and then set you Mod to the Low Wattage like 5 or 6 Watts. Then take a Couple of Hits.

If you like it, Great. You're Done.

But if the Hit is Weak. And doesn't have Much Flavor. Then Increase the Wattage by 1 or 2 Watts and take a Few More Hits.

Keep doing this until it you get a Good Hit.

Or until you get to the point where the Hit will starts to get Hot. And the Flavor will start to Fall Off. Then just Decrease the Wattage by a couple of Watts.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thankyou for your reply
Welcome and glad you joined.
Eleaf Istick 40/30 among the best mods out there in your ohm requirements, excellent choice.
Thanks for the personal reply. If you get tired typing out your appreciation or just want to let a poster know your feelings, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post. Just run you mouse pointer over each symbol for printed description of this frame/post,this action will notify the respondent of your following response whether your the original poster or a interested reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread