Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi all, I have been contacted with some measurements for the eleaf Lemo and would like some confirmation if anyone can help out. What it looks like is that the Lemo glass tank section seals on the ends like the KF4 and the only part of the glass that is captured by the metal part is the OD at least thats what I get looking at pictures.

What I have is the glass needs to go inside of a 22.25mm metal part and the dimensions provided were

[FONT=&]Glass:
OD: 21.75mm
ID: 18.65mm - 18.7mm
CS: 1.6mm - 1.7mm
H: 35.45mm
[/FONT]
What I would like to confirm is that indeed no metal goes inside of the glass and the largest glass OD that will fit (the inside of the metal part that goes over the glass) and of course the length.

If there is no metal going into the glass and the inside of that metal does measure the 22.25 mentioned above I would be inclined to go with a 22x1.8mm glass because it actually has a slightly tighter manufacturing tolerance than the 22x1.5mm and of course is a bit more robust without sacrificing much at all in terms of capacity.

Also on the square orings. The measurement provided indicates 18x2.0mm (where 18 is the ID), has anyone tried using regular round orings in this device? I dont see any reason why they would not work.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Found some more pictures of the Lemo and it looks like maybe there is a metal part that goes into the glass like the KF4. If that is the case then the 1.8mm thick glass with its nominal ID of 18.4mm probably will not work.

ETA*** I went ahead and ordered one of these to take measurements and check fit directly. Should have it later this week. One other question if anyone knows, is the Lemon Drop the same just shorter and if so does anyone have the tube length for this device?

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Hi Harry. I am the one who you have been in contact with via e-mail. As luck would have it I just emptied my Lemo. Here is a pic of the top cap and bottom base. Part of the metal on both the base and the top cap sit inside the glass. Though much more on the top cap. I will say that it is not a firm fit. There is a slight bit of wiggle on both sides.

garemlin-albums-xxx-picture405499-0120151315a-01.jpg

garemlin-albums-xxx-picture405498-0120151315b-01.jpg

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    One other question if anyone knows, is the Lemon Drop the same just shorter and if so does anyone have the tube length for this device?

Yes, Same dia., but I measure 24mm in length.
    However I don't have calipers.
    Maybe someone with good calipers will post, to confirm this.
    (I know, not much help:facepalm:)

Replacement glass is available here:
    use code "pegasus" for 8% off
    Eleaf Lemo Drop replacement Pyrex glass tube
    (They should be back in stock soon)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    www.ibtanked.com
    Thanks folks, I did go ahead and order one of these but did not get the shorter version. This way I will be able to find out if round orings will work in it also and be sure if the thicker glass will work or not.

One thought, I noticed that someone mentioned the glass being available from the manufacturer. Heres the rub though... how long will they be selling this one before the next great thing comes out? We will continue to be here as long as we have the support of our customers to provide glass for any devices.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2013
    In the Mist
    Thanks folks, I did go ahead and order one of these but did not get the shorter version. This way I will be able to find out if round orings will work in it also and be sure if the thicker glass will work or not.

One thought, I noticed that someone mentioned the glass being available from the manufacturer. Heres the rub though... how long will they be selling this one before the next great thing comes out? We will continue to be here as long as we have the support of our customers to provide glass for any devices.

The current version of the Lemo has been out since September I think. It had a small cult following at first. But word spread like wildfire. It has pretty large fanbase now. I have yet to see any major complaints about them. The only real complaint seems to be the way you adjust the afc. But that is minor. It has all of the good qualities of a Kayfun plus a glass tank and better air flow for 1/3 the price. Eleaf hit a home run with the Lemo. In all honesty I think when v2 comes out it will probably not do much more than change the way the air flow is controlled. Basic design will more than likely stay the same. But if for some reason they stop making it and don't follow up with a sequel, I will pick up a few more.

And as far as the round o-rings they may work on the top cap but no way they could on the base. It would raise the glass tank off of where the the base sits inside of it. That is a very shallow channel.

Tap'd from my LG G3

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    www.ibtanked.com
    Got this in today, it is definitely 22 x 1.5mm Glass and the design has nice tolerance for the range glass might see. For length I get a little shorter than the 35.45mm with the piece I have measuring 35.25 so I will be going with 35.35mm for the length and this should work well all around. I will do the Lemon Drop at 24mm as mentioned by puffon above. Should have these up on the site tonight or tomorrow.

One thing, this will work with round orings but it would probably need a shorter glass section. I will be checking this once I have a chance to make up some tank sections and fit them. Just wondering if folks are gonna be out in the cold on this device or if those special flat washer/rings are and will continue to be available.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    www.ibtanked.com
    The Lemo/Drop have a special formed silicone flat seal. We currently do not have anything for them and have not been successful in getting a response from eLeaf on getting them. I would like to have some flat silicone washers cut to fit them and have been tossing that around but its a question of the cost and if we will be able to recoup considering the large number we would have to make.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Baltimore, MD
    The Lemo/Drop have a special formed silicone flat seal. We currently do not have anything for them and have not been successful in getting a response from eLeaf on getting them. I would like to have some flat silicone washers cut to fit them and have been tossing that around but its a question of the cost and if we will be able to recoup considering the large number we would have to make.
    So I am still confused, do I need to find a special seal to change the glass?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread