• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Electronic Cigarettes, E-liquid Lab tests and results (PDF FORMAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
interesting stuff in that document,

Not sure what they mean by a 35mL puff though.

I'm pretty sure they're referring to how big a drag you are taking, you know if you fill your mouth before you inhale, it would likely range between 30-50ml of smoke/vapor directly off the end of your cigarette/pv. (obviously depending on how big your mouth is ;))

Really as long as they're comparing similar unit measures the amount of nicotine/chemicals contained in those unit measures gives you a baseline for comparison.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
The amount of nic per puff is pretty interesting, 1/10 that of a Marlboro at 14 mg, which means 1/5 at 28mg. That's something to keep in mind if you're having trouble switching, and if you don't get enough nic then that's going to make it a lot harder.

You also have to remember that we vape differently. I tended to use mine as a pacifer when I first started. Still do sometimes. If I vape too much, then I get the jitters.
One thing that helped me most was to substitute the other ingredients in cigs (mainly the MAOIs). Had to do a lot of reading and discuss things with my doctor, but there can be other factors for those having a difficult time switching.

Sent from my pod

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Nice to see someone who has had success looking to manage the MAOI thing. I honestly feel that this data is understated as it sure seems like I get more nic than that, and you can definitely overdo it, but at the same time if you're craving a cigarette you want to at least make sure you're not underdoing it. So the nic is certainly not the only thing that we have to pay attention to but at the same time we do need to pay attention to it.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
Well I've probably done some juice from there but anymore I stick to DIY or buy U. S. made.

Except its possible the mercury is an impurity in the actual nicotine extraction itself, ive seen some COA's from chinese nicotine manufacturers that showed some rather high levels of heavy metals and other impurities IMO. And considering that most nicotine used and resold by US vendors comes from these same exact manufacturers im speaking of in China, would more or less mean 90% of the nicotine on the e-cig market could potentially contain that impurity. So just buying "US" made juice really doesn't guarantee a thing, cause 90% of that nicotine is coming from chinese manufacturers of nicotine freebase.

This also means, just because you buy 100mg/ml liquid for DIY from a reputable US supplier, doesn't mean your anyless immune to that, because in all likelihood that US suppliers nicotine was made/extracted in China, and unless he ran some additional purification procedures after acquiring it (and none do), that impurities still there.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
One thing that helped me most was to substitute the other ingredients in cigs (mainly the MAOIs). Had to do a lot of reading and discuss things with my doctor, but there can be other factors for those having a difficult time switching.

Wait, so your doctor actually prescribed you an MAOI to help you? Thats terrible IF true and if its a non-selective MAOI. MAOI's are horrible drugs that the scientific communities been trying to step AWAY from because of their risks for interactions, such as the MAOI "cheese effect" (google!), this is particularly true of MAO-A inhibitors or non-selective inhibitors.

With that said, a MAO-B selective MAOI such as Deprenyl, which will predominantly only affect dopamine neurotransmitter levels (as MAO-B clears dopamine, MAO-A clears serotonin/epinephrine), is likely the cats ... for aids in getting off cigs (its also shown success in helping people quit ....... and opiate habits).

Side note to your purpose for life; dopamine is what we all live for, most just don't know it. Dopafiends for life is all we will ever be, you and me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread