• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Eliit/lavatube issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinks7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Belleville ON
Hi all so it has been just over a week with this beauty and now a problem and wondering if anyone else has a fix. The 510 threads that the atty screws into has become loose in the last day or so and now if I change atty's the whole thing comes out exposing the wires and circuitry. Thanks in advance.
Brinks

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
I have heard of that happening. Just send it back.

Neon

The two units that had this problem had the three black buttons on the front while others have silver and red buttons, I asked Igetcha69 if he had a loose connector and he said no. Mine is the silver/red button version and has no issues, I've even tried to wiggle it and its solid. Im staring to wonder if the black button versions were the prototype or first run units. What colour are the buttons under the display on your unit?

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
I would recomend 2 options.

A) Pop it back in, and put some crazy glue around the top connection. This is the best way to ensure it doesn't come out again. It works like a charm.

B) contact vendor, and have them send you another. It may be the same thing with the next one you get to... so up to you.

These are brand new to the market, and as V1's may have minor issues, but I suspect will be improved upon over time.

I also own a Darwin. I still believe this is a better bang for your buck, the Lava Tube, that is.

brinks7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Belleville ON
The two units that had this problem had the three black buttons on the front while others have silver and red buttons, I asked Igetcha69 if he had a loose connector and he said no. Mine is the silver/red button version and has no issues, I've even tried to wiggle it and its solid. Im staring to wonder if the black button versions were the prototype or first run units. What colour are the buttons under the display on your unit?
The one I have is the silver and red buttons. It was solid when I first got it but in the last couple of days it became loose. I know the obvious answer is to send it back. That hard part is that I do love it and the vendor will not have anymore until Christmas. Decisions decisions. I was just looking to gauge if others were starting to have the same issue as it just appears to be pressed in.

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
Why not just take the easy route... put it back where it belongs, and nice and straight. Use a little crazy glue and voila. Problem solved.

PS: I woudn't recomend using a gooseneck, and if you use an eGo adapter, make sure you are careful when you set the VV down, to avoid stressing the connection.

It's an inexpensive mod that works wonderfully, treat it with some respect and it will be just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread