Eliquid concentrates and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Turner

Feb 2, 2018
Hi all, new to the site and this is my first post .

I'm only just considering mixing my own juice. I've bought loads of different concentrates and generally happy with the smell/taste of them. I've just opened the one I was looking forward to the most (black cherry) and it smells like cherry but with a very chemically back note. Is this normal or a poor quality concentrate?

If anyone has and advice on where to get quality fruit, cream and cereal concentrates I'd be very appreciative.

My main goal is to mix a fruit loop cereal liquid that's fruity and milky and also a black cherry berry with cream banknotes. If anyone has a tried and tested recipe for either I'd be in debt forever. I understand I've entered a minefield here so any advice on mixing, steeping etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Scent and flavor have a heavy memory component.
The problem with cherry is it’s a heavily used flavor in everything not just ecigs so you will easily be able to tell it’s fake and be able to compare it with other cherry flavored things you come across. You’ll notice there aren’t very many primarily cherry flavored juice recipes. You’ll see cherry tobaccos or Hawaiian Punch type flavors but cherry is just one of those flavors that doesn’t work well in the modern environment by itself. In particular it’s a favorite in medicines so they often wind up tasting like medicine. At least that’s my experience. As always YMMV

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi!

Does anyone know what I've got by mixing 60ml 70/30 3mg with 40ml 70/30 1mg?

Thanks!

ure.JPG

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks a lot, that's exactly the calculator which I couldn't find on the Internet!

Much appreciated!
Cheers mate, happy to help.
You can also do it the old fashioned way:
Keep in mind: 3mg/ml is .3% nicotine, 1mg/ml is .1% nicotine.

60ml X 3mg per ml = 180mg of nicotine
40ml X 1mg per ml = 40mg of nicotine
Total liquid is 100ml (60ml+40ml) containing 220 (180mg+40mg) (TOTAL) mg of nicotine.
Divide 220 by 100 to give you the amount of nicotine (in mg) for EACH ml of liquid in the bottle.
Result is 2.2 mg/ml or .22%

Have fun
I

Last edited by a moderator:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
My suggestion is you mix your flavors individually first, dial in the percentage for to your taste. You can then combine your single mixes together to create complex recipes. Not sure what brand black cherry you have but I would start out at a really low percentage, maybe 1 or 2 percent and adjust after a few days if needed. Tough to tell the quality of a flavor by smell when it is so concentrated.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is what I did at first with DIY. It was a bit of a wait/annoyance but it really helped me understand my flavor profiles.

The last 10 mixes I made were ALL with new ingredients, (at least, one new MAIN ingredient) and I really like all of them. It was worth it (the single mixes, combining them in a tank, reading a lot of recipes and etc.)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread