The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Eliquid concentrates and more

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Matthew Turner, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Matthew Turner

Matthew Turner New Member

Feb 2, 2018
    Hi all, new to the site and this is my first post .

I'm only just considering mixing my own juice. I've bought loads of different concentrates and generally happy with the smell/taste of them. I've just opened the one I was looking forward to the most (black cherry) and it smells like cherry but with a very chemically back note. Is this normal or a poor quality concentrate?

If anyone has and advice on where to get quality fruit, cream and cereal concentrates I'd be very appreciative.

My main goal is to mix a fruit loop cereal liquid that's fruity and milky and also a black cherry berry with cream banknotes. If anyone has a tried and tested recipe for either I'd be in debt forever. I understand I've entered a minefield here so any advice on mixing, steeping etc would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

• Like Like x 2
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Scent and flavor have a heavy memory component.
    The problem with cherry is it’s a heavily used flavor in everything not just ecigs so you will easily be able to tell it’s fake and be able to compare it with other cherry flavored things you come across. You’ll notice there aren’t very many primarily cherry flavored juice recipes. You’ll see cherry tobaccos or Hawaiian Punch type flavors but cherry is just one of those flavors that doesn’t work well in the modern environment by itself. In particular it’s a favorite in medicines so they often wind up tasting like medicine. At least that’s my experience. As always YMMV

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 3, 2014
    Rupert, West Virginia
    and don't forget to shake the bottle well before you open it. Welcome aboard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GeorgeFeb

GeorgeFeb Full Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Hi!

Does anyone know what I've got by mixing 60ml 70/30 3mg with 40ml 70/30 1mg?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    ure.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. GeorgeFeb

GeorgeFeb Full Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Thanks a lot, that's exactly the calculator which I couldn't find on the Internet!

Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome to ECF. Cherry is tough, trial and error will be part of the journey. You'll probably end up ordering and blending several cherries to get to the perfect cherry for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I consider myself blessed that the only cherries I like are fresh cherries, as I find artificial cherry flavoring very hard to deal with. I'm going to agree that you'll probably need some trial and error to find one/a mix that suits your palate....

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Cheers mate, happy to help.
    You can also do it the old fashioned way:
    Keep in mind: 3mg/ml is .3% nicotine, 1mg/ml is .1% nicotine.

60ml X 3mg per ml = 180mg of nicotine
    40ml X 1mg per ml = 40mg of nicotine
    Total liquid is 100ml (60ml+40ml) containing 220 (180mg+40mg) (TOTAL) mg of nicotine.
    Divide 220 by 100 to give you the amount of nicotine (in mg) for EACH ml of liquid in the bottle.
    Result is 2.2 mg/ml or .22%

Have fun
    I

• Like Like x 5
  10. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF Matthew Turner
    Moved you to DIY E-Liquid from General E-Liquid Discussion

• Like Like x 1
  11. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    My suggestion is you mix your flavors individually first, dial in the percentage for to your taste. You can then combine your single mixes together to create complex recipes. Not sure what brand black cherry you have but I would start out at a really low percentage, maybe 1 or 2 percent and adjust after a few days if needed. Tough to tell the quality of a flavor by smell when it is so concentrated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    That is what I did at first with DIY. It was a bit of a wait/annoyance but it really helped me understand my flavor profiles.

The last 10 mixes I made were ALL with new ingredients, (at least, one new MAIN ingredient) and I really like all of them. It was worth it (the single mixes, combining them in a tank, reading a lot of recipes and etc.)

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Most cherry flavors are very potent and very little is needed in a mix. The chemical smell may well be alcohol. Steeping and leaving the finished product with the bottle cap off so that the alcohol can evaporate off is also a must.

YYMV

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.