EMINI First Impressions...(If your on the fence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolutionx

Jan 2, 2013
Philadelphia
I wanted to give a rundown for the OVALE EMINI spec. I've been vaping since New Years 2013 after 15 years of PAD Newports and have never looked back. I originally went with the TORNADO-T Ego 650 mah batt style with atty cone when I first quit and found it to be a great option.

After a month or so I switched to an EGO-TWIST 1000mah with KANGER T3 CLEARO then to a PROTANK. For the past 8 months I have been extremely happy with the TWIST/T3 setup. However, over time I've grown to dislike a couple issues the TWIST and the Protank. I'm not going to go into the downfalls of the TWIST/T3 but they are the catalyst for why I'm making the switch to a EMINI as my daily gear.

The "PROs" of the EMINI far outweigh the "CONs" when your only focusing on its sole purpose. You can always find why a EMINI may be better than a TWIST or not as good as a MOD because they all serve different purposes. But the main purpose of the EMINI is to provide a "SMOKING" experience. Therefore the EMINI is perfect for those who are just beginning to vape and like the concept of a disposable or a BLU but have been let down with the performance of those options when it comes to POWER,STYLE,TASTE,PCC etc. The EMINI is also a excellent choice for veterans whom are looking for an option for "ON-THE-GO" versatility i.e. driving, workplace breaks, stealth. The EMINI can also be a good option for those who are actually trying to cut down on vaping since the tanks are small and the batteries aren't long lasting...so those who like to take a couple puffs here-and-there. What the EMINI is NOT is a "hard hitter", "cloud maker", "my gear is bigger than yours" piece. Which is pretty obvious just looking at its dimensions.

Dimensions...incredible weight was my first impression. This baby is tiny and light, almost shockingly light and shockingly small, especially when your looking at pictures online and then when you get it in your package your like "wow, this is tiny!!!" Some excellent perks of these dimensions and weight is the ability to place it in your ear. You can also dangle it in your lips or take a drag with no hands just like a analog.

The 3 piece design works well and is easy.

The tank.... is small so expect to either bring a bottle (with small tip) with you or fill 5-20 extra tanks before your off for the day. So if you plan to chain vape on this then be prepared to do some prep work beforehand by filling up or stopping every 20-30 puffs to swap or refill. You will blow the tanks a couple times before the battery dies.

The Atomizer....the attys are standard type A attys found in the EGO-C. The attys are outstanding and I have found the standard 2.2ohm resistance work great and for me the low resistance @ 1.8ohm work even better (don't notice faster battery drain).

The battery...the batteries are great. At 90 mah they are short lived (2-3 analogs worth). However, the voltage stays at a constant 3.7V and are automatic and do not have a cutoff.

The PCC...the PCC is sleek and at around 1100mah long lasting. I get about 8-10 full recharges of the batteries over the life of the PCC. The PCC takes about 3-3.5 hours to charge fully from dead.

Flavor,Vapor and TH....the taste/flavor is above average and the TH is great. It is far superior to a wicking tank/clearo (T3/Protank) but not as good as dripping. Coming from a wicking style, the taste and TH on the EMINI is light years better!!! Vapor production is dependent on your juice but I get plumes with my 80VG...way more than what is expected from such a small device.

Problems....the issues with the EMINI are not vital deal breakers and are consistent across many reviews. #1-The kit only comes with 1 Atty sleeve for 2 batteries so you must buy the extra sleeve for $2 when buying the kit separately. #1A-The atty sleeve will heat up when vigorously vaping and unfortunately the atty is right where most people place their fingers on a analog..which leads to #2-the air intake is also placed at the finger choke point most people have on a analog. So if you cover it its a no-go. And #3-There is only 1 slot for the recharging battery in the PCC. So you don't have a spot to put your second EMINI or tanks or attys and unfortunately they do not have a case out yet (one is coming) to accomodate this issue.

To deal with these issues you can easily choke up on the EMINI as to not plug the air hole or burn a finger, buy a cigar tip and put it over the end of the tank so that now you finger placement is on the tank.....or you can also hold it like your chewing on a pencil with a velociraptor hand configuration (like a hand puppet is talking to yourself with the EMINI in its mouth). For the storage you can use a altoid tin box, tic tac box or any other case you like for the tanks atty and EMINI. You may also easily place your second battery in your pocket and not worry about it breaking as it is a tough little guy. Or you can just easily throw it up on your ear like the good old days of analogs (I find this ability awesome!!! and its a little fatter thean a analog so it sticks there and ear sweat won't ruin it)

Overall the EMINI is worth the buy if its purpose serves your needs. The kit plus the extra sleeve and a pack of extra tanks and atty is going to run you just shy of $100 to get setup with it (kit $60-70, sleeve $2, atty pack (5) $25, extra tanks(5) $5-6...a third or replacement battery is only $10-12) *I bought the black kit because I like the black PCC, however, I also bought 2 white batteries, sleeves and extra black tanks so I would have white ones for times I wanted to blend in with the smokers or have 2 different flavors in corresponding colors. The white batteries with the black tanks looks like a real analog with the filter. The black on black looks like a BLU (for times I want to make sure security knows I'm not smoking an analog)

So, if your looking for a CIG-A-LIKE then I highly recommend the EMINI or EROLL. Performance, Versatility, Style, Flavor/THVapor Production, Durability are all outstanding. And its issues are nominal and insignificant.

I hope this answered some questions some of you may be searching for while contemplating the purchase. You won't be disappointed by the EMINI/EROLL.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Good review. I'll just add a few tips. Over the months of use, you'll most likely accumulate more batteries... at least I do and have 12 now so I don't even carry the PCC when out for the day. I carry 7 fully assembled batts in a Swiss Army knife type cloth case with velcro closure. Mine has room for four under the flap and 3 more in a slot on the back (belt loop side.) I posted a picture somewhere on this sub-group. I also use this at home to carry just as I would a pack of smokes eliminating loosing the little suckers ;-) and it catches any leakage if that happens. IE: If its going to leak at all, its not going to leak like a sieve. Also, the eroll kit costs about $10.00 less than the Emini but the jury is still out on whether the Emini solves intermittent leakage the Eroll seems to have (which is not significant like a large clearo leak but more an annoyance than anything) due to tighter quality control demands on Joye of tanks, etc.

I was about to purchase some T3S minis for use on my ego batteries. Would you mind sharing what problems you had with the T3? Thanks. And thanks for the taste comparison. I thought the T3, Evod, other BCCs would have more flavor instead of less than the Eroll/Emini.

Last edited:

evolutionx

Jan 2, 2013
Philadelphia
Good review. I'll just add a few tips. Over the months of use, you'll most likely accumulate more batteries... at least I do and have 12 now so I don't even carry the PCC when out for the day. I carry 7 fully assembled batts in a Swiss Army knife type cloth case with velcro closure. Mine has room for four under the flap and 3 more in a slot on the back (belt loop side.) I posted a picture somewhere on this sub-group. I also use this at home to carry just as I would a pack of smokes eliminating loosing the little suckers ;-) and it catches any leakage if that happens. IE: If its going to leak at all, its not going to leak like a sieve. Also, the eroll kit costs about $10.00 less than the Emini but the jury is still out on whether the Emini solves intermittent leakage the Eroll seems to have (which is not significant like a large clearo leak but more an annoyance than anything) due to tighter quality control demands on Joye of tanks, etc.

I was about to purchase some T3S minis for use on my ego batteries. Would you mind sharing what problems you had with the T3? Thanks. And thanks for the taste comparison. I thought the T3, Evod, other BCCs would have more flavor instead of less than the Eroll/Emini.

Hey patkin..thanks for the heads up on the battery tip! I can totally see how eventually just taking enough batteries will work better, especially for routine days like at work. SO our saying basically smoking them like analogs in the sense of you just move on to the next one as soon as it dies as opposed to keep recharging 2 over and over...i get it, makes sense. Good idea on the Swiss Army...I've been trying to brainstorm different ways to case all these little guys.

Honestly the T3's worked great for me overall. I actually switched to the Kanger Protank Mini and regular Protank and enjoyed them better because they are glass and brass which is of higher quality (heavy too). The coils for the T3 and Protanks are very good with vapor production and they wick awesome for about a week and then they start to have issues. Since they are bottom feeding you have to make sure that overnight you keep them (the whole piece) upside down so the wick isn't soaking in the juice, I've noticed they start to have issues sooner if you allow that soak to happen. Also, after a week the top piece of wick (not attached to the actual heat coil) gets gunked up so you can just take it off and leave the bottom wick and dry burn the crust off. After you do that they will work good again but only for maybe another week as vapor production declines progressively each day. The coils are only about 2 bucks a pop so I usually didn't even try to clean them more than once and just popped in a new one every couple weeks. A fresh coil is like heaven with those. My T3 and Protank(s) rarely leaked. Sometimes they flood a little, the T3 flooded more often then the Protank. To fix that all I did was on every refill I would flick it upside down to have any juice in the chamber come out the mouthpiece...then just leave it upside down and burn the wick for a few seconds...that would clear it up.

Honestly I had more issues with the TWIST in that it was big and up at the connection (the silver part) it would come loose and actually come out of the black sleeve, exposing the internal wiring. And on one of them it ripped the wire off and it was toast. The variable voltage was great to have with the T3/Protank becasue as the wicks get gunked up I could turn the voltage up to burn better. By the end of a coil life I had the voltage at 4.6-4.8!!! I also noticed that the ego-t lost its longevity which is normal but then wouldn't fully charge.

The taste was much duller in the T3 and Protanks compared to the attys. I really feel its because the transfer of juice isn't as direct as a atty via the wicks...like the concept of fresh juice when you drip...perhaps that delay causes a "muting" of the flavor. It was definitely the case for me. Maybe not for others, who knows. I will tell you that I used juice from the same bottle on my protank and then on the EMINI and its def a big jump in flavor and TH. No matter NIC content, VG/PG etc.

Seriously though that whole setup is a good one and the T3/Protanks are excellent so I would suggest you give them a shot. Protank mini is really nice so I would say try that one. Its glass and brass too. Very durable and It barely leaked ever for months.

evolutionx

Jan 2, 2013
Philadelphia
No problem patkin!!!

One more thing to add...another great feature with regards to the PCC (Personal Charger) is the fact that the whole unit gets placed in for a recharge...meaning you don't need to unscrew the battery to place it in the charger which is usually common. So you can just pop them in and out quickly.

And one more thing to add regarding charging...it takes at most 20 mins to charge each battery in the PCC. If you don't drain them completely and consistently top the batteries off (which is best for battery longevity longterm) it takes only 5-10 minutes to charge. The PCC is awesome!

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
The batteries last me an extremely long time. I've been using the Eroll for months and haven't killed a battery. The two I use have the paint coming off but the batteries keep chugging along. I don't often through away the tanks either. I sometimes do when I change the atomizer.

Unfortunately the atomizer only lasts me a week or so. I suspect that's from my 100% VG organic juices. It's not that the coil won't fire. I've replaced wicks and never experienced a beyond death coil. Is the wick.

I've always felt like the traditional mod was goofy looking and the traditional e cig was heavy and cheap looking. Eroll is the only device I'd use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread