End of the journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegenzel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Germany
Three years ago I managed stop smoking with my first iAtty, Ody and GGTS. In the following years I tried nearly every rba on the market, but came everytime back to GG. My dance with various drippers was ended with Tilemahos and Esterigon. My vape for over the day is for practible reasons (don't like to take liquid and batteries with me ;)) the only real big brother of GGTS, Congestus, with Godzilla, Ithaka update inside. In the evening, when I relaxe, I love to vape my other GG stuff, I think everything, Imeo built after iAtty. Now waiting for Proteus and VIR, then, I think, the journey is over. I don't quit vaping, but I need nothing more then my GG's. Thank's Imeo!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
When I first saw SS GGTS I thought there couldn't be a better GG than that. Then came JustGG and I thought, 'Imeo has proved me wrong, this JustGG is amazing, there can be no improvement on this.' Then came Esterigon with Telemahos, which has left my JustGG feeling unloved. Esterigon is another GG that takes concepts from models before it and improves, expands the idea. Once again I had my opinions changed.

What I'm rambling on about and trying to say is that despite what Imeo says about not needing anything else, he always seems to bring something exciting out that keeps the GG passion alive for avid GG fans. I hope and believe that Imeo will be innovating and inventing for a while yet. So in answer to the thread title, I don't think it's the end of the journey yet. Yes, after Proteus and VIR you could stop buying GG mods and you probably could vape happily ever after, but where's the fun in that?

Congrats on three years of vaping Blue, I had to look up what a Congestus was - monster mod for sure. :)

bluegenzel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Germany
Very sad, that Imeo never built a 26550 mod... but Dirk (Velvet Cloud) did it's best, to create a real brother of GGTS :). But I don't want to miss Imeo's 18650 mods. And Penelope with Proteus will be perfect for a quick vape. A Congestus is not the best mod for all situations ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Chancing the subject, I went to vasilis and I asked him to give me a dripper, just to see whats all the hype about it. I vaped Tilemahos and then I vaped dripper. Then again Tilemahos and then dripper again (both of them with 1 coil). The difference in smoke was huge. Dripper had almost half of smoke.

Thgen I put 2 wires on dripper and I left Tilemahos with its single wire. The smoke was identical on both atomizers.

What I am saying is that dripper is only counting on the number of wires on it and not on the way it is made. But putting 2 wires and drain the battery for the same effect as you get on Tilemahos is useless.

Maybe I can make a video to show you the big difference between Tilemahos and a dripper

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Chancing the subject, I went to vasilis and I asked him to give me a dripper, just to see whats all the hype about it. I vaped Tilemahos and then I vaped dripper. Then again Tilemahos and then dripper again (both of them with 1 coil). The difference in smoke was huge. Dripper had almost half of smoke.

Thgen I put 2 wires on dripper and I left Tilemahos with its single wire. The smoke was identical on both atomizers.

What I am saying is that dripper is only counting on the number of wires on it and not on the way it is made. But putting 2 wires and drain the battery for the same effect as you get on Tilemahos is useless.

Maybe I can make a video to show you the big difference between Tilemahos and a dripper

Yes Imeo,, Please make that Video....

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
exactly as you said Blue.

I made with vasilis 3 videos where you can see very clear the superiority of Tilemahos on smoke. In fact, the dripper that he sells on his store had a very little more smoke only when it had 2 wires on it. Thats a waste on energy for sure. Your battery lasts 3 times less like this, when we try to extend battery life these days. And of course you have to carry a bottle with you like the first days of vaping before 6 years, only to produce less smoke!

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I was going to start a new thread to share the thoughts that raced through my mind today, but I fell it was fitting to share here.

Today, Domo Vapor Co. (GP's US retailer) was going to have a vapor day, and I was going back and forth in my mind as to whether to get a Paps and Heron combo. I went back and forth, back and forth. Did I really need it? Did I want to spend the money? Was it going to be a letdown? And, then I remembered the GP Paps X, version 1. The thing didn't have any type of insulator on the switch! Perseus actually expected that every battery put in that device would have a perfect shrink wrap to protect it from making contact with the bottom cap and not auto-fire! OMG!

Same thing happened at my local vape shop. They were coming out with a mechanical, and showed it off to me last weekend. It looked nice and was pretty heavy hitting. I took it apart and examined the switch, and there was no insulator! OMG! I had to point it out to him, and his "designer" and "manufacturer" just sat there and made excuses as to why it wasn't done or how much it would cost or whatever.

I suddenly came to an epiphany: that no manufacturer will ever get my business by cutting corners or making dangerous devices. Period. End of story. I don't care if it was corrected in a later version. Once is one time too many.

With Golden Greek, I know that not only will I have the most enjoyable vape, I will be doing it on a device that was designed and manufactured with thought, consideration, quality and safety in mind. Why look anywhere else; Imeo is a master craftsman and engineer, who actually cares about his "family".

Imeo is my designer, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside still waters,
he restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for Golden Greek's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of badly designed vaping devices,
I will fear no evil,
for Imeo is with me;
his Esterigon and his Tilemahos,
they comfort me.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
we are close blue. The best wire for me is a 30mm titanium wire on a 3mm axis because its steady and accepts more wick inside it without moving.
About coils, the more wick on the coil, the better. I really think that microcoils reduce the taste and the smoke on an ecig. I think that microcoils invented to give the ability to the user to make more wraps on his coil. But with titanium wires that have less resistance than the other wires that are unhealthy too, we can make long coils without sacrifying the width on the wraps. That means that a coil made on a 3mm axis accepts a lot of wick inside it and it is long as we need.
I have tried many setups.. singlecoil, dualcoil, Kanthal, GPlat, V2A and Titanium. The best result I get with a simple singlecoil mc with Titanium 26g (0.4), 5 winder on 2.5mm, 0.3 Ohn and Rayon Fibres

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Three years ago I managed stop smoking with my first iAtty, Ody and GGTS. In the following years I tried nearly every RBA on the market, but came everytime back to GG. My dance with various drippers was ended with Tilemahos and Esterigon. My vape for over the day is for practible reasons (don't like to take liquid and batteries with me ;)) the only real big brother of GGTS, Congestus, with Godzilla, Ithaka update inside. In the evening, when I relaxe, I love to vape my other GG stuff, I think everything, Imeo built after iAtty. Now waiting for Proteus and VIR, then, I think, the journey is over. I don't quit vaping, but I need nothing more then my GG's. Thank's Imeo!

I need the subtitled version of this post, we Brits are notoriously bad at speaking in tongues.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you for your nice words Random. Words like this keep me making my best for our GG family. We took vaping to another level with mechs, with atomizers and now we have to make the electronic miracle.
I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I was going to start a new thread to share the thoughts that raced through my mind today, but I fell it was fitting to share here.

Today, Domo Vapor Co. (GP's US retailer) was going to have a vapor day, and I was going back and forth in my mind as to whether to get a Paps and Heron combo. I went back and forth, back and forth. Did I really need it? Did I want to spend the money? Was it going to be a letdown? And, then I remembered the GP Paps X, version 1. The thing didn't have any type of insulator on the switch! Perseus actually expected that every battery put in that device would have a perfect shrink wrap to protect it from making contact with the bottom cap and not auto-fire! OMG!

Same thing happened at my local vape shop. They were coming out with a mechanical, and showed it off to me last weekend. It looked nice and was pretty heavy hitting. I took it apart and examined the switch, and there was no insulator! OMG! I had to point it out to him, and his "designer" and "manufacturer" just sat there and made excuses as to why it wasn't done or how much it would cost or whatever.

I suddenly came to an epiphany: that no manufacturer will ever get my business by cutting corners or making dangerous devices. Period. End of story. I don't care if it was corrected in a later version. Once is one time too many.

With Golden Greek, I know that not only will I have the most enjoyable vape, I will be doing it on a device that was designed and manufactured with thought, consideration, quality and safety in mind. Why look anywhere else; Imeo is a master craftsman and engineer, who actually cares about his "family".

Imeo is my designer, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside still waters,
he restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for Golden Greek's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of badly designed vaping devices,
I will fear no evil,
for Imeo is with me;
his Esterigon and his Tilemahos,
they comfort me.