eRoll vs Joye 510/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty De'Winter

Jul 20, 2013
London
Hi everyone. I have been using a Joye 510/T but am sick of how quickly the atomizers and batteries degrade.

I use the 340mAh mega automatic battery.

I have been looking at the eroll – which looks really good but it worried me that the batteries are so small compared to the really long mega Joye510 batteries. Also Joye510 mega battery=340mAh. Eroll battery=90mAh. :S

Because of this tiny number is the idea that you are meant to use it for only 10 mins and put it back in the charging case? This might work for people who go for a 10 min ‘smoke’ with it and then don’t use it for a while – but I use mine like a pacifier – so this wouldn't work for me.

Is there anyone out there that 'chain vapes' like me that has had success with an eRoll?

Why I am considering an eRoll:
I can’t get on with the big thick performance ecigs – to me they look like a cigar and look really unfeminine.

I also need one that has an automatic battery option –because I like being able to hold it like a real cigarette rather then from over the top like a manual.

I was seriously considering an eCAB because they are thinner than an eGo – got really excited until I realized that there is no automatic battery option. :(

I would be extremely grateful for any help.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
My habits are similar to yours. You can do as you describe as long as you have one between your lips and the other one charging in the case. If you truly vape constantly, you will probably have some occasional ten minute intervals where both are dead. I can get about 8hrs of continuous recharging from my PCC then it has to be plugged in, so I do take the charger cord to work with me. Yesterday I was very busy so I never had to plug it in until I got home from work but usually it's done by 4PM. The atomizers are finicky so if you order the kit, be sure to grab a five pack of atomizers as well. The juice seems to make a difference. Sugary ones will slag an atomizer in a few days if you don't pay attention when you are getting to the bottom of the tanks. Now that I have had mine awhile and am using better juices I'm not having as much atomizer trouble. Dry hits will ruin the wicks quick so with the small tank capacity so you really have to pay attention. A needle tip juice bottle will be a must-carry item.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The eRoll batteries are different and better than than the 510 batteries. I chain vape mine all day. I can get about 20-30 minutes on it before the battery dies, but it only takes 20 minutes to charge back up. If you have 2 eRolls going, it's perfect. The battery in the pcc is charged before the one I'm using dies. The pcc lasts brtween 7-10 hours. I loved my 510s, but moved on to egos because of how annoying it was to wait 2 hours for them to charge and constantly have to switch batteries. It's much easier with the eRoll because you don't have to take anything apart or screw the battery to the charger. You just pop it in and pop it out.

There is a lot of info and opinions in this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...427897-eroll-vs-510-t-help-me-understand.html

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
As misterholidayhouse said, definitely grab an extra pack of atomizers. I don't think they are finicky though, but it's good to have backups. My favorite juice clogs an atomizer in 3 days, but after a quick rinse in super hot water and letting it dry, it's good to go again. If you have multiple atomizers you can keep them rotating and always be good to go.

Also grab an extra atomizer cone for $2, this will let you use both batteries at once.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
As long as you get 2 complete erolls you can have one charged eroll all the time. The starter kit has one 1 cone and 2 batteries. You can buy another cone or find a vendor that includes an extra cone in the kit. The life span of the batteries depends on how many times you charge them. Generally you get 73–84 percent after 250 full discharge cycles. But after that you get 1,200 – 1,500 to reach the %50 mark. Generally you should get about 3-4 months out of a battery, and about a year out of the pcc.

I have the ecab as well. I use the eroll when i am out. The ecab is a little better than the eroll, but its not an auto battery. Longer battery life, holds more fluid, and a touch more flavor.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
My experience is that if you want to chain vape, get an extra cig when you buy your kit, that way you're pretty much assured that you won't run out. If you only have two batteries there will be times (in my experience) when one is still charging and you've just killed the spare. A third eRoll solves that.

Agree with everyone saying to order a 5-pack of atomizers if you get a kit. You also might want to grab a 5-pack of tanks.

And one important note: make sure you get an extra atomizer cone. For some reason the standard kit includes two batteries and only one cone. The second battery isn't usable without the cone.

Tober138

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
cHARLOTte, NC
Honestly, I don't really chain vape on my eRoll, I use an eGo for that.

What attracted me to the eRoll was that I wanted something more analog-looking for when I was out and about, and where I usually will vape for a few minutes at a time. I initially had gone with a 510 for this, but got really annoyed at the crappy 510 chargers, the need to dissassemble a 510 to charge it, having to keep one charging and one in my pocket, etc. The eRoll filled this need perfectly - I can go out for a night with a single eRoll, pop it in the case between vapes without disassembling and all I need to carry is the PCC and a small case with a few extra carts. I have yet to have my fully charged PCC die out on me by the end of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread