etched mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't been vaping all that long (since March), but I can already tell this will be a money-pit for me. My newest hobby is etching mods. I kept looking at it and stumbled across a video about etching jewelry. The woman was using a copper drain pipe to illustrate it and that's where I got the idea.

My first one went to the guy at the local vape shop who asked me to do it for him. The second one is mine. I have several more coming from FT that I plan on doing different variations on.

post1-1.jpg post1-2.jpg post3-1.jpg Brass Caravella

post4-1.jpg post4-2.jpg Copper Stingray

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Mxracer6y

Sep 25, 2014
arizona
Thanks folks. I am using a sharpie to draw the design (that's the "resist") and acid to etch out the rest. I did "flames" on a hades mod I didn't get to take pics of. However, below is my latest and I think I like it the best of all of them..

cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360719-serengeti1.jpg
cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360718-serengeti2.jpg
cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360720-serengeti3.jpg

These are beautiful... you are one hell of an artist with a hell of a vision.... you could make a living doing this kind of work! Possibly could make some good money doing this just with mods too!

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Thanks folks. I am using a sharpie to draw the design (that's the "resist") and acid to etch out the rest. I did "flames" on a hades mod I didn't get to take pics of. However, below is my latest and I think I like it the best of all of them..

cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360719-serengeti1.jpg
cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360718-serengeti2.jpg
cindyu-albums-custom-etched-mods-picture360720-serengeti3.jpg

Did you mean "relief" instead of resist? What acid do you use?

Tapa-shutup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread