4Nine Ambrosia Maple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased two 4Nine clones off the net awhile back. I figured i would patina one to look like my other copper 4Nine. Once i started the process i realized that the clone was in fact a copper plated brass mod and due to the patina process it ate away and pitted the brass. There was nothing i could do to recover the damage it was pitted so bad. My Hobby is wood turning so i figured I would turn it out like a pen.

I got two corks from the hardware store and drilled them to fit my pen mandril. then i just took a block of Ambrosia maple and drilled it out 7/8 and glued the tube in place. The following picture is the end result.

IMAG0110.jpg

Mxracer6y

Sep 25, 2014
arizona
I purchased two 4Nine clones off the net awhile back. I figured i would patina one to look like my other copper 4Nine. Once i started the process i realized that the clone was in fact a copper plated brass mod and due to the patina process it ate away and pitted the brass. There was nothing i could do to recover the damage it was pitted so bad. My Hobby is wood turning so i figured I would turn it out like a pen.

I got two corks from the hardware store and drilled them to fit my pen mandril. then i just took a block of Ambrosia maple and drilled it out 7/8 and glued the tube in place. The following picture is the end result.

View attachment 374448

This thing is beautiful man. If theres one thing i can appreciate, its wood working... its cool to see wood on a mech mod, definitely unique !

How did you get the color of the wood to match the copper so perfectly??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread