The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

4Nine Ambrosia Maple

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Ghilliesuit, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ghilliesuit

Ghilliesuit Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Fort Rucker, AL
    I purchased two 4Nine clones off the net awhile back. I figured i would patina one to look like my other copper 4Nine. Once i started the process i realized that the clone was in fact a copper plated brass mod and due to the patina process it ate away and pitted the brass. There was nothing i could do to recover the damage it was pitted so bad. My Hobby is wood turning so i figured I would turn it out like a pen.

I got two corks from the hardware store and drilled them to fit my pen mandril. then i just took a block of Ambrosia maple and drilled it out 7/8 and glued the tube in place. The following picture is the end result.

IMAG0110.jpg

2. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  3. Helfrd0771

Helfrd0771 Full Member

Sep 10, 2014
    minneapolis mn
    That's awesome. Great work. I'm jealous.

4. Vash

Vash Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2012
    Very nice! Great job :)

5. Mxracer6y

Mxracer6y Full Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Boston, ma
    This thing is beautiful man. If theres one thing i can appreciate, its wood working... its cool to see wood on a mech mod, definitely unique !

How did you get the color of the wood to match the copper so perfectly??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.