• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Everything is tasteless now... Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Bulli ain't really mesh friendly and I have fat fingers. I've tried the oxidized mesh method but the kanthal just shorts out at 3.7V every time.

I use a blow torch to heat the rolled mesh till red hot then continue for 20s and dunk into cold filtered water. This process is repeated 3x. After that I saturate the rolled mesh a with juice and set it on fire. Also repeat 3x. Pretty much the SOP for Line attys but the kanthal still shorts out.

Eating wise I have not notice any significant changes. So far it's just isolated to vaping.

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Bulli ain't really mesh friendly and I have fat fingers. I've tried the oxidized mesh method but the kanthal just shorts out at 3.7V every time.

I use a blow torch to heat the rolled mesh till red hot then continue for 20s and dunk into cold filtered water. This process is repeated 3x. After that I saturate the rolled mesh a with juice and set it on fire. Also repeat 3x. Pretty much the SOP for Line attys but the kanthal still shorts out.
Have you tried oxidizing using e Jack Frost method..?

It works like a charm! Also, it shortens your torching and break-in period.

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hi Rul,

Will take note on flavor change. So far have been on lychee mostly for 2 weeks? Lol

Have some 510s around and actually dripped some strong tasting ones. Work well as I could taste lychee after awhile.

Sorry but what n which are considered mesh? And are there mods to get? Mess on mash ;)
Atties hv mesh. Look inside and you'll see.

Also, gen-type rebuildables also utilize mesh.

And then, there are hybrid mods.

Here's e downer:
Only atties are readily available. E rest, u have to wait on lists.

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
How does the jack frost method work? Use ice water?

Ice water... not! Lol!

E name is misleading but it's coined after e guy who did it.

Here's how to 'Jack Frost' your mesh:
1. Cut a strip of mesh 15mm x 50mm.

2. Get a blow torch out.

3. Torch and concentrate on e edges.

4. After you're done with e edges, then give a quick blast to both sides. No quenching & lighting with liqs/mixers needed.

5. Coil and have fun whilst enjoying e return of e flavour monster!

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
Hmm... I did tt e last two weeks, but couldn't capture myself on video whilst torching although I bought e auto-firing torch. I was using some tongs (not thongs!).

Immediately after, coiled and adjusted and it didn't even short out. A very pleasant first-time experience indeed.

Maybe we could meet over kopi or smtg. U bring mesh & butane. I bring my torch and tongs. I don't mind sharing knowledge.

ussr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
nbcb
Hmm... I did tt e last two weeks, but couldn't capture myself on video whilst torching although I bought e auto-firing torch. I was using some tongs (not thongs!).

Immediately after, coiled and adjusted and it didn't even short out. A very pleasant first-time experience indeed.

Maybe we could meet over kopi or smtg. U bring mesh & butane. I bring my torch and tongs. I don't mind sharing knowledge.

im keen if you're ok sir? Prob need leads on where to buy what lol and what i need to...

Complex flavors sounds interesting!!! There's like a hugh learning curve!!

JIMP-er46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
LCMM
im keen if you're ok sir? Prob need leads on where to buy what lol and what i need to...

Complex flavors sounds interesting!!! There's like a hugh learning curve!!
You're having problems with Google..?

Try googling for:

1) SS Mesh 325 or 400 (themeshco.)
2) Butane Torch (any hardware stores)
3) Where to buy Kanthal 32 AWG? (or look @ Syniche's shop)

These things are not prohibited, you can buy them with no issues. It's e atties and rebuildables tt you'll have a problem acquiring.

After you've gotten those stuffs, gimme a pm. So that at least you could try on yr own right after.

Vinniz

Moved On
Dec 13, 2011

No prob bro. Always welcome the sharing of knowledge. U know my work timing, so.... anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread