Status
Not open for further replies.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
I kinda dig my ECA. Been working great for me out of the box. Technically it doesnt leak, although there is some juice in the catch cup, so long it doesnt leak on me or down the side of the mod Im all good. Big hits just like everything else that uses those attys which I am a big fan of. Im pretty experienced and have all sorts of attys and devices. This just works and thats nice to have laying around for when I need it.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well I am not going to throw them away or anything, I may try them again sometime. I just am really liking my pro-tanks, & my tatroe tanks a lot. I guess I don't like the tight draw, and it kept giving me, the burnt taste. It just didn't seem reliable to me, I could deal with the juice in the cup, and it it is very cool looking, to each his own I guess.

I kinda dig my ECA. Been working great for me out of the box. Technically it doesnt leak, although there is some juice in the catch cup, so long it doesnt leak on me or down the side of the mod Im all good. Big hits just like everything else that uses those attys which I am a big fan of. Im pretty experienced and have all sorts of attys and devices. This just works and thats nice to have laying around for when I need it.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
dirquist, I'm curious about your experience with the eca atomizer. Do you just naturally have a hard draw on
everything? I had to use a LOT of inhale strength to get that thing to do anything.

It sounds like you're more familiar with these particular atomizer heads. Maybe some of 'em shipped from the factory
put together wrong and that's where most of our problems are. Can you post photos of yours? Things that show
the orientation of the atomizer head that sits way down in the barrel? And how the mouthpiece is aligned with
the rest of the body?

I can't help but think I'm just doing something.....wrong. I'm glad you're having a good experience with it though!

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
These atomizers definitely get hard to draw when they are well used. Ive had a couple duds in the past that you needed to suck hard on to get to work, but just with a handful out of maybe 40 or 50 of them.

I sometimes take the wick that fits in the nozzle out and replace it with mesh. It opens the draw even more and helps wick faster. I dont find the draw to be tight at all as stock though. Most of my attys are similar or tighter while others much more open like my Zen and my AC9.

The mouthpiece I just turn to where ever I like it at the moment. Should have mentioned one thing I was disappointed in was how loose the tank fits in the housing. It falls right out if you even attempt to lift it by the mouthpiece. I think the tank/mouthpiece should fit in tighter.

Ill take pics tomorrow when I get a little natural light going on. Been vaping mine all day today and all this week and all has been steller.

Im not trying to be contrarian with any of the other reviews in this thread and my thoughts are completely independent to my thoughts and does not reflect anyone else opinions. Id check back with me in about a month and see if any of my opinions change. Im guessing they wont though as I love my eroll still and Ive had that over six months and it works with the same attys. I got a bunch pretty darn cheap in a coop here on the site.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
THIS is interesting. See, I had to get a pair of pliers (with painter's tape wrapped around the teeth) to
even get the plastic tank to BUDGE. I mean that sucker was planted in there TIGHT. And it's still tight
after reassembling it.

So something is definitely goofy about mine and (seemingly) a LOT of other peoples'.
Hrrmmmm.....

Should have mentioned one thing I was disappointed in was how loose the tank fits in the housing. It falls right out if you even attempt to lift it by the mouthpiece. I think the tank/mouthpiece should fit in tighter.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Ya, Im not sure what the deal is Zip. Been using mine again all day. Draw is still not tight. Just got home though and snapped some pics but Im not sure they are what you wanted. I didnt take it all apart or anything. Not sure I understand what you want exactly for pics. I even took a vid of me removing the tank. Let me know if there is something else you need for your investigation ;)

20130803-_MG_4501 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

20130803-_MG_4505 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

20130803-_MG_4508 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

20130803-_MG_4509 by pseudohippy, on Flickr

I cant seem to get the link to imbed from Flickr so you will have to click the link. I dont have youtube or anything.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Oh no!!! Fallen soldier at the end of the vid! ;)
Actually that does help. Mine works nothing like that. It takes the will of the gods to remove the tank and about as much
to get it back in. And there is ZERO liquid on my atomizer even after taking a HARD pull. So something is definitely amiss.
But I still have no idea what that might be.

Thank you VERY much for the photos and video!

DLJunkie

Verified Member
I bought 2. Loved them so much I bought 4 more!
Best vape I ever had on an eVic! I hated the ProTanks airiness. Davide dumped it's entire continence over night & was too airy too. Like VivaNovas, but ECA has way more flavor & vapor & warmth. Draw is perfect, long slow puffs, I'm a fog machine! Just right. I am very happy with them.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
I kinda thought it sounded like you just needed a new tank. My best guesses are based on A. your wick wasnt wet and the tank should feed it. B The tank fit so tight which for all I know could cause a vacuum problem. C. You have very little airflow. Unless you were exaggerating a little about how hard it is to suck on.

All these attributes could go hand in hand together causing the juice feeding problem. The bad news is if you ran the atty too dry and you got a burnt taste I would say ya, replace the atty also. Make sure to also prime the new atty before you use it and myself I take a paperclip and kinda push the wick in a tiny bit more to make sure it contacts the coil well.

All that said even if you get it working as it should it still may not be for you. Lots of people hate this thing lol. The attys dont last long with some juices. The tanks are a bit picky with juice and they leak into the reservoir. While not bothering one person they may bother others. Plus its not for a cloud chaser (dont know if you are or not). Flavor is a bit muted also. I have some juices I like better muted a bit. Its just not a device that is very versitile I guess you could say. It works just great for me, however.

Check the Coop section for anything involving the eroll/emini, ecab or any other device that may use that atty. I got a bunch for really cheap that work great.

McVaip

Jun 20, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Well having read this I think I will give this ECA a try too.

A friend of mine who bought an eRoll having tried mine and liked it, also ordered an eVic and and ECA at the weekend. That was after having had his eRoll as his first vape device for a total of 2 days lol. Once he gets it I'll take a look at it first hand.

I love my eRoll and if I can turn my eVic into a big one of those I would be a happy camper.....

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
i have one that was sent to me for testng and i have to say i love it. trick is on these things is to cold prime them ( suck thru the mouthpiece until you taste the flavor of your e juice before firing your battery). after, vapes like a dream. the only single solitary thing i DONT like about them is they draw a bit to tight for me. plus, i havent tried yet, but it does look like the atmizer head would be a SOB to try to rebuild, and as alot of you know i cant keep my fingers out of stuff. i only got the single atomizer with mine so im a little reluctant to rip it apart just to see what makes it tick quite yet, and at over $20 bucks for 5 atomizer heads, id rather wait until my burner gos out before buying anymore. ...other than that, vapes great, flavors great, massive vape production. great product.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
i have one that was sent to me for testng and i have to say i love it. trick is on these things is to cold prime them ( suck thru the mouthpiece until you taste the flavor of your e juice before firing your battery). after, vapes like a dream. the only single solitary thing i DONT like about them is they draw a bit to tight for me. plus, i havent tried yet, but it does look like the atmizer head would be a SOB to try to rebuild, and as alot of you know i cant keep my fingers out of stuff. i only got the single atomizer with mine so im a little reluctant to rip it apart just to see what makes it tick quite yet, and at over $20 bucks for 5 atomizer heads, id rather wait until my burner gos out before buying anymore. ...other than that, vapes great, flavors great, massive vape production. great product.

I actually tried to rebuild one. Results were not so good. Couldn't get it right although I did get vapor lol. It was shorting or something though.

If your atty ever has any feeding issues or gets too tight then take out the little piece of wick inside the spike part and replace it with mesh. My pic here was how I started. Since Ive cut the mesh at an angle just above the top of the spike. It seems to work the same either way and saves juice space in the tank when short. Dont push it down too far. I always push till it hits the coil and then slightly lift just a tiny bit. Results are not much, your not really doing anything but possibly extending the life of your atty a bit and get somewhat better feeding. Dont roll the mesh too tight, but what the heck, experiment a little. Things seem to work different for everyone.

2jgqw1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread