Status
Not open for further replies.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
I've noticed that even when I have a fresh battery, I'm just wondering if the pre-manufactured coils aren't rated to the exact ohm? I have 2.2ohm in my PT II's and I'll get an ohm reading of anywhere from 1.8 to 2.5 on the same coil. Maybe we need to more carefully check the contact on the top of the eVic before we put our tanks on and make sure they're clean? :confused:

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I've noticed that even when I have a fresh battery, I'm just wondering if the pre-manufactured coils aren't rated to the exact ohm? I have 2.2ohm in my PT II's and I'll get an ohm reading of anywhere from 1.8 to 2.5 on the same coil. Maybe we need to more carefully check the contact on the top of the eVic before we put our tanks on and make sure they're clean? :confused:

Most of the pre-manufactured heads that I have bought vary widely. I believe that Kanger now puts 1.8 - 2.0 ohms on the 1.8 ohm replacement boxes.

I'm rather fastidious about cleaning my eVic and I've seen no buildup on the contact. Only a bit of normal wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread