Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Guys, happened a strange situation that shows that if mod is nearly full charged it does not heat up so much ಠ_ಠ
Could it be related to the battery voltage, that when it is running out, it has a lot more consumption or something?

When you are vaping on a Regulated Mod, you draw the Most Amps from the Battery when the Battery has the Lowest Voltage.

So right before the Mod won't fire anymore, maybe around when the Battery is at 3.2 Volts or so, that is when you are Drawing the Most Amps from the Battery. And the More Amps you draw from a Battery, the Hotter the Battery will get.

Yeah if you know someone who Vapes, and has some Quality e-Cigarette Batteries, you might ask them if you could Barrow one and see if things work Better.

But No Matter what you do, I would Start a Ticket with FT. And let them know that Something is Not Right.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I already sent a ticket, but they are not working at weekend ;/
One more thing is that I also noticed that the mod is working good when being plugged in for charging, not heating up so much, i am confused ._.

Definitely sounds like something if Funky.

If you were running at High Wattage, then I would be leaning towards something with your Battery. But at 22 Watts, you are pulling about a Whopping 7.6 Amps at cut-off. (22 Watts / 3.2 Volts / .9 Mod Efficiency).

But the Mod getting Hot and the Battery Not Isn't a good sign.

But you said your Battery is Old. So Maybe it is the Battery?

The Long and the Short of it is you've got a Ticket started on FT. Which is Good.

Do you know Someone or a Vape Shop where you could try putting another Battery in your Primo?

Bl4ckSail

Jul 28, 2018
Yep, since 2-3 years im running 20-25W, never ever above.
Actually my parameteres are: 20W, 3.38V, 0,57Ohm, 5.9A during vape

Do you know Someone or a Vape Shop where you could try putting another Battery in your Primo?

Anyway, i will buy new battery tomorrow, it is "must have". So we will see tomorrow or today or next day, i have to check prices where will be better to buy.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I guess there could be some deeply strange and all connected together reason for what is happening, but seriously IT SHOULD NOT BE ACTING LIKE THAT PERIOD.

Passthrough vaping ESPECIALLY that is when you are basically asking the mod to rapidly alternate between accepting and then discharging current in rapid order I think it's a bad thing IN GENERAL but ESPECIALLY when one has a mod that is behaving oddly.

I don't care if you need to go out and buy a cheap gas station mod (well I do care, but I care more about the state of your FACE) so for the love of god quit fooling with it.

Something is amiss and I'm excited for you that you are having excited discoveries about how it behaves differently in different states but that doesn't change the fact that it is WRONG and AMISS and I don't want your next excited discover to be that exploding bits of mod are NOT what you want flying at your FACE. OKAY?

I'm not trying to be mean, but this is not a broken DOG TOY that you can try gluing together.

You are dealing with metal, electricity, WALL current during pass through KNOCK off the fiddling with it, and either get a cheap gas station vape or a cheap pack of cigarettes, stop trying to diagnose it as anything other than DEEPLY unsafe.

I mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep breaths,.

Anna

Bl4ckSail

Jul 28, 2018
UPDATE:
I bought a battery, exactly sony vtc6, I will test it, but before that. Another strange-lucky situation, and at the same time good news, after a few pull put old battery, to check whether it is hot and re-inserting, the mod is not getting hot anymore. So i assume good situation and it looks like pulling out and reinserting fixes the situation. Or maybe it started working as it should. I don't know exactly what is going on, but atleast working.
I will add a picture with a marked place that warmed up.
If someone asked, no, I did not disassemble it, i just borrowed pic from internet :)

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
UPDATE:
I bought a battery, exactly sony vtc6, I will test it, but before that. Another strange-lucky situation, and at the same time good news, after a few pull put old battery, to check whether it is hot and re-inserting, the mod is not getting hot anymore. So i assume good situation and it looks like pulling out and reinserting fixes the situation. Or maybe it started working as it should. I don't know exactly what is going on, but atleast working.
I will add a picture with a marked place that warmed up.
If someone asked, no, I did not disassemble it, i just borrowed pic from internet :)

Just be Careful.

Because when electronic devices like e-Cigarettes are Working Properly, they should do the Same Thing every time.

I would be Very Cautious of that Mod. Especially if you are Charging the Battery inside the Mod.

Last edited:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Perhaps a poor/weak electrictal connection somewhere at or between the battery terminal and the atty --- this would cause more resistance at that point and thus heat when firing. That heat is being conducted to the area you show, but the heat may be originating at the terminal or maybe being conducted to the terminal and the end of the battery (did you check the ends of the battery for heat or just the sides?).

The action of removing/replacing the battery may have moved/jiggled/pressed something to improve the connection temporarily. Key word being, temporarily. You should definitely consider returning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread