Status
Not open for further replies.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Face it, we're NEVER gonna be happy no matter what they do, LOL! Larger fonts, brighter display, selectable increments for wattage/voltage scrolling, a few more options for the main menu layout, half the size and twice the power and a nuclear battery with a half life of 5 years would make it "OK" for me....But I guess I can live with it the way it is.

LOL yeah it is pretty sweet. But hey gotta nag about something!

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
A black button on a black control head with a black USB cover? Oh my. Think I may just wait until replacement tubes come out. And to be honest, I don't mind the ss look. Goes well with all my ss toppers.

Sent from Uranus.

Yes! The silver version has the silver button against the black background of the control head. I love the black eVic S, but the black button DOES get "lost" against the black control head...a silver or other metallic color fire button would have been a lot better idea...but not the end of the world.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I'm one of those people who like the puff counter, have it on my evics and my itaste vv's. I use them to see at a glance how much more vaping I can do on a battery. And I can see it being useful in the future if I do decide to reduce my vaping (still working down the nicotine level right now). Just wish I could make it bigger on the eVics, can't see it without my glasses!

Yeah, I guess I am being a bit over the top on the puff counter allstairs...:blush:

Just because I have little/no use for it does not equate to it being a wasted feature.

Clmarti78

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Rio Rancho nm
Thanks for explaining that 350ZMO so I knew what it was just didn't know what it was called. But glad some of my gripping helped you with your decision to make the purchase.... Over all I'm happy with it can't wait to see what they will do with the first update.... But then again I don't think I put the last update in my old evic.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    All the upgrades from the evic seem solid. I especially like the fact that it can handle a coil down to .5ohms. That is not a feature of a VV device I've seen yet. The picture upload is a tad gimmicky, I can't name a device I own that isn't a picture frame.
    I will probably get one when my evic bites the dust, or the price drops. Which ever comes first.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2013
    New York, USA
    All the upgrades from the evic seem solid. I especially like the fact that it can handle a coil down to .5ohms. That is not a feature of a VV device I've seen yet. The picture upload is a tad gimmicky, I can't name a device I own that isn't a picture frame.
    I will probably get one when my evic bites the dust, or the price drops. Which ever comes first.

Well that's the great thing about the evic supreme, it is fully customize-able. If you don't want to have a picture on the home screen you can just have the date and time showing, or the voltage output for your wattage setting. The mailman should be here with mine in about 30min so I will let you guys know what I think of it soon.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2013
    New York, USA
    Well I just got it and my head is spinning from the directions book. It literally tells you nothing. Looking at the user manual is no different than trying to figure out the device yourself by actually just playing with the settings. It tells you what is in the menu system without actually explaining what these things mean.

The main thing I am confused about right now is the puff counter. It shows the total amount of puffs on the main screen if you set it to show that, however, it shows another 4 digit number under your puff counter. I thought at first that this was the total amount of puffs ever taken on the device, which read somewhere around 40 at first and it keeps going up and back down. I have no clue what this number is.

Does anyone know what this number represents?

alistairs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2014
    Castro Valley, CA, USA
    The main thing I am confused about right now is the puff counter. It shows the total amount of puffs on the main screen if you set it to show that, however, it shows another 4 digit number under your puff counter. I thought at first that this was the total amount of puffs ever taken on the device, which read somewhere around 40 at first and it keeps going up and back down. I have no clue what this number is.

Does anyone know what this number represents?

It's supposed to be the estimated number of puffs left given the current charge on your battery. Normally it shows me that, but I just checked mine 20 or so puffs after a full charge and its way off ... I'm guessing there's a bug where it can't figure it out until it I've puffed a bit more.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2013
    New York, USA
    It's supposed to be the estimated number of puffs left given the current charge on your battery. Normally it shows me that, but I just checked mine 20 or so puffs after a full charge and its way off ... I'm guessing there's a bug where it can't figure it out until it I've puffed a bit more.

Yeah, I just figured that out right before looking at your comment. Did you set the battery to the correct mah rating? The one that comes in the starter kit is 2100mah but the device seemed to be set to 2600mah from the factory so you should adjust that and it might give you a better reading. Also, I noticed it is actually estimating the puffs by factoring in your wattage/voltage setting so if you are changing you setting a lot the number is going to change a lot.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2013
    New York, USA
    Man, I am loving this thing so far. It's so cool knowing exactly how long of a drag you are taking, knowing roughly how many puffs you have left, automatically seeing the voltage output based on your wattage setting, and so many other features. It is going to take me at least a week to fully get used to this thing, especially the real time wattage setting (haven't even had a chance to really look into that, but it looks pretty damn cool).

Kyi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    I've been wanting a "higher end" mod, all I use now is my MVP and two iTaste VV3s, which I love and work fine but... I need a more tubey mod. Well not need but... you know. I was considering the Provari or the Evic as a more affordable option but the new Evic Supreme looks like the best of both worlds maybe. However, I don't like huge mods and sorry if this has been asked or mentioned before, but will a 18350 tube/battery work on this and does anyone have a picture of how it looks in that form? It's just way too long and heavy looking in its standard/original form.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread