evic v1.4, my first VV, assistance may be needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledazzler

Aug 20, 2012
Mosman
so i have a evic V1.4 and before i destroy it i would dearly love to know how to use it correctly!!

The menu is quite "wow" to me, a simple ego ce5-6 user!

(So far) the videos i have found are a not that great (you tube) and they are not V1.4 specific the menu on my evic is a wee bit different to the video of v1.3 and i am not sure exactly what the heck is going on there!!!(im slighty spastic :) )

oh and the user manual is very simple and very non descript to a certain degree

can anyone give me some useful videos to watch?? or better user manuals to download or someones you tube channel to subscribe to

i have bought a Kanger protank II to go with it also!!

also i am dying to use this kanger protank II on it ( which ohm head is better to start with you get a 1.8 and also a 2.4 ohm head and i also bought a 5 pack of spares for each head)

i am going slip in my favourite highbrow apple cheesecake in it to start with can some one also give me some general guidelines on this " what volts and what watts" to set it at as i assume too high will burn coils out and the like.

oh i feel like i have gotten a vip entry into the grown ups section of vaping with my new toy?

thank you folks for you knowledge!!

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
You’ve bought a great device. I use PT II’s on mine also, along with a few other devices.

I assume you’ve learned the 5 clicks to get to the menu thing. After you’ve powered on, it should show a voltage or a wattage in big numbers. On my PT, I like to use the variable wattage mode, but either will work. To change what you have, just turn and hold the selector ring to the right, and the eVic will scroll through the different modes: VV, VW, RVV, RVW1, and RVW2. You’ll want to start learning with VV or VW, so release on one of them.

I use VW because you don’t have to do any math in your head. The coils that come with a PT will probably give you a good vape around 7W. You bump the selector ring to the left to reduce W’s, to the right to increase. I’d start at 6.5, see how you like it, and bump it upwards. Most every stock PT coil I’ve ever had will give you a hint of burnt taste somewhere in the mid 7’s, so if you taste that, back off.

Play around with it, it’ll do a lot.

KevinW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Rhode Island
Hi Ledazzler and congrats on the new toys... I too have an eVic with a Kanger ProTank II and love them together... as well as my igo-l (RDA) and aga-t2+ (RBA).

The eVic isn't hard once you play with it as no matter how deep into a menu you get the exit will always take you back to another exit. This way you are always just a few clicks (at most) to getting out of the menus if you are lost. lol

Step 1 : Fill that sexy ProTank II up with your favorite eJuice and screw on eVic.
Note: Don't over tighten as you can damage the center positive connection or even the threads (typical with all China made APVs/MODs). A eGo thread cover or air flow adapter is recommend to ensure you save the threads of any device but just be easy and don't over tighten if you don't have one yet).

Step 2 : Five clicks of the eVic brings you to the main menu where Power On is already selected. Click that bad boy on and watch it basically say hi with date / time info (if already setup), current resistance of your ProtTank II head and a recommended voltage setting.
Note: Once the large display is gone (date/time, resistance and recommendation) it will be ready to vape.

Step 3 : Turn the ring just below the display to the right to increase or left to decrease the voltage or wattage. The ring is spring loaded so it's kind of like a left or right click.
NOTE: Holding the ring to the left will cycle through display options. I personally like seeing watts, volts and resistance but you can also see battery levels, puff counters on the main display by holding the ring to the left. If you hold it to the right it will cycle through the power options (Volts, Watts, Special Setup Profiles you can do on the PC with MVR (there are 3 or 4 of them) and then back to volts).

As for which resistance head you should use with the ProTank II... it doesn't matter with the eVic that much at all. The 2.4 head will need more power then the 1.8 head. Everyone is different so try them both and see where you like to vape. I'm currently using the 2.4 head and maxing out the eVic's wattage / voltage and loving it. The down side to this is the higher setting will drain your battery faster but again everyone is different on this subject. Just adjust the power level (left or right changes with ring) until you are loving it.

Step 4 : Five clicks to get back into the menu screen and use the right or left adjustment ring to move around. Once you see something you want to check out click the fire button. If you are lost or want out of the menu just cycle through until you see exit and keep selection exit until you are out and back to main screen. No all options are listed on the tiny screen at once so always move ring left or right to scroll through the entire menu and submenu (exit will be at the bottom of each submenu).

Happy Vaping and ask specific menu item questions here and we'll be happy to answer what they are (just too many to post in one response)

Last edited:

KevinW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Rhode Island
MR Kevin, Sir, you are a wizzard...

well i have taken it gently gently since wednesday and playing slowly but surely with the watts... this thing is awesome!!!

i honestly cant believe i waited well over a year to get into a VV mod, silly me!!
thanks for all your help

Dazz

Happy you are loving it. I love mine as well. The VW is nice as when you switch out the topper (clearomizer, carto, etc) it will keep you at the same watts by automatically adjusting the VV for you. If you tend to vape the same topper (like I've had an RDA on here for weeks now) then either VV or VW if acceptable. It's all a means to an end, which is the power level used.

Keep playing and enjoy the vape!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread