New eVic owner, Need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck naked

Nov 4, 2013
CA
A little long winded sorry.
About 3 weeks ago I ordered and eVic easy head, factory 18650 battery tube, factory 3400mAh battery and usb cable. Wanted longer battery life than my ego 1000 mAh. I also got a Pro Tank 2 to hold more juice. Basically a longer lasting eCig; but was not sure I needed/wanted VV/VW. Dealt with the no draw issue on the Pro Tank 2 by slightly enlarging the PT2 base where the bottom of the head sticks thru to connect to battery center post. All was well with my world. Got into rebuilding the heads (micro coil and cotton). Everything is working well.:p Decided I DID want VV/VW. Was going to get the VV/VW eVic head. Found out I could get a complete Evic kit from vaping Craze for about what just the head would cost; pulled the trigger.;) Arrived today! Charged it up when it arrived. Slapped the PT2 (my rebuilt coil 1.4 ohms) on it. Started vaping fine (it worked hadn`t changed any settings FW 1.2) Messed around with it, got wattage too high burnt the cotton. Changed to a factory 1.8 head. Thread it on snug, BAM! no draw:(. Im back to original air draw issues with PT2! Put PT2 back on the easy head works fine, what the hell? Are the center posts at different heights? Can I lower the center pin in the VV/VW head. I Have an airflow controller from MVS, it has a floating center pin and causes the same issue no matter what battery its on. Please any suggetions are welcome.
Shane

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Shane,

I am not familiar with the easy head from Joyetech at all, but I might be able to pick at your problem.

A well-known eVic user, crxess, helped me a little bit ago with a center pin problem. Basically I wanted to preserve my 510 threads from wearing down, as the eVic's are known to do from cranking down atties on them too tightly. I snagged a 'support cone' to use on the eGo threads and I wasn't screwing it down all the way so it sat up a few mm's above the top-cap; however, my PT2 wasn't making contact with the eVic's center pin. crxess advised me to use a paperclip, bend it into a tiny L at one end, stick between the center pin and the surrounding female 510 threads, and gently "pry" the center pin up. After 30 seconds or so, I could physically see a difference in how high the center pin sat. I screwed down the PT2 slowly with the support cone still sitting up, and it made contact (eVic display detected the atomizer). It has only done this to me twice in the past month or so which goes to show the the eVics center pin isn't wobbly and loose, but can be budged. Maybe this will solve your problem?

P.S. Screwing down too hard will push the center pin in further, so be very gentle when using the 510 threads. I advise you as well to grab a support cone to increase the longevity of your 510 threads, as they're made out of a very soft and durable metal which will wear quickly if you don't take precaution!

If I didn't answer you question, hopefully someone else on here with easy head experience can shoot you some info.

hump.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
This sounds like more on a PT problem than an eVic problem.

When you get a total vacuum lock on a PT when it's put on any PV the problem is the center post insulator on the PT coil has become compressed. There is very little clearance between the coil assembly and the inner wall of the PT base 510 threaded connector that air has to flow between to get into the very bottom of the coil. If the center post insulator is the tiniest bit compressed it completely blocks off air getting down that channel.

How do you know that's the problem? Remove the PT from the eVic and you have a normal draw since you are now sucking air directly into that center hole in positive post. Put the PT onto your eVic and the squooshed insulator stops air from getting from the air holes above the 510 threading down to that hole in the center post.

Take a hard look at your center post insulators on your PT coils. The newer, clear-ish insulators are softer than the older white ones and are causing problems. You can try pulling the metal center post on the coil a tiny bit to uncompress the insulator. Or use something like an X-acto knife to trim away any excess insulator that you can feel is larger around that the post itself. Like I said, it takes very little of that insulator to completely block air that is supposed to be moving right past it when the coil is screwed into the PT base.

Of course, then screwing the PT onto the eVic too tightly can recreate the problem.

Last edited:

buck naked

Nov 4, 2013
CA
Thanks Rickajho. I went thru all those specific PT2 draw problems when I got it. I drilled out the PT base where the center pin/insulator sit to a slightly bigger diameter. From previous searches I believe all PT heads I have are the newer squishier style. My PT2 works fine on the 3 eGo batteries and the eVic Easy Head that I have. The new VV/VW eVic head that I received on Thursday is the only piece of equipment that I have that my PT2 will not sit flush and allow airflow. Thats why I was asking if the center post could be lowered or if anyone knew if the center pins sat a different heights. At this time I`m using the base off of my PT2 mini on my fullsize PT; obviously plenty of room for airflow in it. I would just prefer to have a smoother transition down the length of the device. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
Shane

buck naked

Nov 4, 2013
CA
Well I went and got an eGo threaded straight cone cover to stabilize the PT2 on my eVic. It was the situation described by Rickajho in a previous post. I knew that but it didn't make sense to me why 2 pieces from the same company that are intended to interchangeable ( VV/VW head & easy head ) would not work the same way with the PT2. I decided why fight it just get it function like it should. Thanks again to those who helped with their insight.
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread