Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, I don't down the Provari. May eventually take my turn in line.
However, for now I am enjoying my eVics and since I like techy things(at 60yrs old) it does things I appreciate.

I accidentally knocked it off a counter in the bathroom today. As I tried to grab it, I only succeeded in accelerating its fall and changing trajectory toward the opposite side of the room. Bang, Clang and into a storage area under the vanity. I just new it was done for. I was very surprised to find it intact and undamaged. Did a very careful inspection and fired it up. All is good!

No it is not as durable as a Provari, nor was it designed to be. I do believe had it been a Provari my heart still would have jumped, but more in concern of scratching up a nice device. I like to take care of my stuff.

I have two eVics (one 28 days old, one 10 days). Neither of them works.
I also have a Provari that's three months old, and I'm vaping on it.
:blink:

Last edited:

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Howdy liebers...I had an eVic and now have a ProVari. Both units do a good job of their basic function of providing consistent power to the coils to produce vapor. The eVic has a fancy display and lots of features built into it which makes for interesting conversation, but most of it you will probably never use. The ProVari, while simpler than the eVic, is a more solid device and heavier...and made in the USA. The eVic is available in one size while the ProVari has different sizes depending on what battery you want to use. I found the eVic to be too big for me; my ProVari is the v2.5 and a bit shorter. The battery is smaller but it lasts me a good 24 hours which is all I need. Downside to the ProVari is that it's expensive, and doesn't come with a battery or charger. Bottom line: I prefer the ProVari as it's more solid and smaller. Hope this helps!

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I dont get this provari??? Why is it so expensive is it just like a designer name??? Why do people pay £££€€€$$$ so much for one ??

Why? Here's why. I've had mine for a year and have had zero problems with it. If someone makes one cheaper that holds up this well then I'd buy it as a backup for the day the Provari finally gives out. Problem is, all the other devices that meet or exceed its capabilities that I've read about generally end up in the trash within 6 to 12 months, with some even less.

There is no comparison. I have a ego-c twists, vmax, smok groove, and just bought a Provari last week. The eVic vapes well but it's way over thought and feels cheap in the hand. The Provari is solid and built to last. It's well worth the money in my opinion. You drop it you're okay for the most part, drop the eVic and see what happens.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You drop it you're okay for the most part, drop the eVic and see what happens.

So far, after a dozen times, nothing. Still working fine and no visible damage.
Maybe I'm just lucky. If so it's the first thing I've been lucky with in a long while.

Not knocking the Provari at all. Very well built piece, though not a gift from the Gods. Just saying all the talk about the eVic being built cheap comes from the few damaged of the 10's of thousands already on the market. That is actually less than .05 percent.

Amd yes. the first couple of release runs exceeded 10K units.

Last edited:

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
If you want bells and whistles, aftermarket body parts, VW or technology then go eVic. If you want simple, well built and reliable go ProVari. The way I see it, the more functions a device has, the more parts there are to stop working. It is kind of like cars. A 60s muscle car is way easier to repair in your garage than a car from today. There are too many parts, chips, computers, etc. in cars today for a normal human to even think about repairing them. I look at mods in a similar fashion. The less technology the better. I am imagining the day when some hacker writes a virus that kills an eVic once you hook it up to your PC for the latest update.

Personally VW is useless to me. The juices I have need to be vaped at different wattages so, for me, VW becomes another form of VV because I would need to change wattage when I change juice. For those that can vape the same wattage no matter the juice or delivery system then VW is probably pretty cool.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
im sure both devices would work fine in the short term but the provari will still be working long after your evic has broken in half(very common) also keep in mind the evic is made in china with worker being payed 50 cents or less and hour, quality and pride in there work dont come to mind...spend the extra $40 support usa labor and business get a full stainless device that will likely last you for years,not something that is shiny when new, but snaps in half in a pocket the first time you forget its in there.

but its your call, everyone looks for what they think will be best for them im sure you will be happy with ether,
i started with alot of cheaper mods myself and have had to replace many of them luckily all broke in the first month or two and were replaced for free from the vendor,so far no problems with ether provari i own.

hausmouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
WNY
If you can afford it, the provari. When you think about the fact that it can be fixed out of warranty and not just thrown away you realize it cost more than .10 cents to make. You can also make it a 2 year warranty if you want. I wouldn't but its your call. Vw doesn't appeal to me. I can add two and adjust voltage as needed. Provari voltage is also extremely accurate, it's tough, the single button is actually nice once you use it, and its reliable. That being said I own a provari and I have recommended a vamo for someone on a budget, I wouldn't do the same for the evic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread