Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ok, sounds to me like you have the Tron tank. Make sure your machine is sen in Ti mode for that coil. If it is temping out, it thinks the coil is dry for some reason. You might have a bad coil. Switch to a different one, or go to one of the Kanthal coils and use VW mode. You might also be using a juice too thick to wick fast enough to keep up. Try turning the power down or using a thinner juice.

luke maher

Dec 10, 2015
Both really. I want something to excel in what the ego one mega fails. Will I be able to use all the modes on the Evic with the kanger sub tank mini? And what's a Clapton coil?
So are you just complaining about the tank you have or do you want to buy a new one? If the answer is looking for a new tank I would recommend the kanger subtank mini with their Clapton coils. Im running them at 45 watts and the vapors great.

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
Both really. I want something to excel in what the ego one mega fails. Will I be able to use all the modes on the Evic with the kanger sub tank mini? And what's a Clapton coil?
I think the evic vtc mini does SS, I don't think kangers making SS coils yet but Im sure that's only a matter of months, if that. A Clapton coil is one wire wrapped around another.

djaco27

Oct 25, 2015
1. don't turn off TC when using nickel or titanium coils... VTC's will auto change to vw mode if u do not have a TC coil.
2. my vtc's do that when I over tighten the coils or tank
3. hit your fire button 3 times then use down button (right) to change temp/wattage options
4. try it in NI mode. I build my own titanium coils and the vtc just tends to do that .. I set it to NI and it works fine
good luck

Vape Rat

Jan 8, 2016
I'm still waiting on my Mini but just curious from reading the manual --

In TCR mode, other than specifying the TCR setting, is there no temp control? Or can you still dial in a desired temperature, while still being in TCR mode?

Also does anyone have any idea what TCR value would be appropriate for a Ceramic atomizer, or would another mode be better for temp control? I guess it has a little titanium in it too. These are the atomizer specs:
  • Temperature: 240°C - 280°C / 464°F - 536 °F
  • Resistance: 0.9-1.2 ohm
  • Recommended Voltage Range: 4.2v-4.8v
  • Heating Material: Ceramic Donut with Titanium Alloy
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread