The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

EVIC VTC MINI frustrating Temp control

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by luke maher, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. luke maher

luke maher Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Okah so I got my vtc mini about a month ago and I'm new to vaping but learn quickly. My temperature control function kicks in almost instantly no matter what temperature or power or resistance.

2. luke maher

luke maher Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Basically I have the ego mega one which came with evic vtc mini and I hate it I can hardly see how much juice there is in there and it hits temp control way too fast also the base to it is essentially stuck to my mod I haven't been able to get it off yet.

3. Winchester

Winchester Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Califorina
    Hi, You need to turn off the setting for Temp Control. What type of wire are you using?

4. TonyB66

TonyB66 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2014
    London, UK
    Which wire are you using and what type of coil are you using. What settings are you using?

5. luke maher

luke maher Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    How do I turn off the setting for temp control? And I am using titanium coil that comes with the package, a 0.4ohm one, ive changed so many different settings from 200°F - 600 and 0-75W every time without fail temperature control pops up and I get about half a toke of smoke

6. coilburner

coilburner Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2015
    What the heck is "HALF" a toke?

7. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ok, sounds to me like you have the Tron tank. Make sure your machine is sen in Ti mode for that coil. If it is temping out, it thinks the coil is dry for some reason. You might have a bad coil. Switch to a different one, or go to one of the Kanthal coils and use VW mode. You might also be using a juice too thick to wick fast enough to keep up. Try turning the power down or using a thinner juice.

8. coilburner

Jul 3, 2015
    So are you just complaining about the tank you have or do you want to buy a new one? If the answer is looking for a new tank I would recommend the kanger subtank mini with their Clapton coils. Im running them at 45 watts and the vapors great.

9. luke maher

luke maher Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ok suprtrkr that's what I had anticipated thanks a lot for confirming it. And Coilburner I mean I hardly got any smoke

10. luke maher

luke maher Full Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Both really. I want something to excel in what the ego one mega fails. Will I be able to use all the modes on the Evic with the kanger sub tank mini? And what's a Clapton coil?

11. coilburner

Jul 3, 2015
    I think the evic vtc mini does SS, I don't think kangers making SS coils yet but Im sure that's only a matter of months, if that. A Clapton coil is one wire wrapped around another.

12. djaco27

djaco27 Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    1. don't turn off TC when using nickel or titanium coils... VTC's will auto change to vw mode if u do not have a TC coil.
    2. my vtc's do that when I over tighten the coils or tank
    3. hit your fire button 3 times then use down button (right) to change temp/wattage options
    4. try it in NI mode. I build my own titanium coils and the vtc just tends to do that .. I set it to NI and it works fine
    good luck

13. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Clearomizers from Tanks

Tanks
    A forum for general discussion of carto tanks.

Edit :
    Moved another from New Members and Merged Duplicate threads - please don't cross post :)

14. Vape Rat

Vape Rat New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I'm still waiting on my Mini but just curious from reading the manual --

In TCR mode, other than specifying the TCR setting, is there no temp control? Or can you still dial in a desired temperature, while still being in TCR mode?

Also does anyone have any idea what TCR value would be appropriate for a Ceramic atomizer, or would another mode be better for temp control? I guess it has a little titanium in it too. These are the atomizer specs:
    • Temperature: 240°C - 280°C / 464°F - 536 °F
    • Resistance: 0.9-1.2 ohm
    • Recommended Voltage Range: 4.2v-4.8v
    • Heating Material: Ceramic Donut with Titanium Alloy
    Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.