eVic VTC Mini temp mode stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I looked around for an answer, but no luck so here goes........
My wife has been using a VTC Mini with Cubis tank on TC for a few weeks with no problems. She uses the SS316-0.5ohm Heads, set at 25 watts and 400-420F. It's been working fine and tonight she wanted me change out her coil as it wasn't working well anymore. I popped in another coil from the same pack, primed the head, locked the resistance and gave it a couple of quick draws, like I always do. When I gave it back to her she said it wasn't working correctly, so I tried it. It was jumping into temperature protection after just a second and shutting off the current. I raised the temp to 450F and it would sort of work, but the vape would get week and flutter when it started to hit the temp protection. I thought maybe it was the coil, so I replaced it with another. After this, it would not fire at all in TC. I tried letting it cool and resetting the resistance. It read 0.52, but then popped up to 0.57. I can use it in power mode, but not TC mode. Any ideas? It's not all that old and I hate to think it's crapped out already.

sucram

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
check all the connections, strip the tank down as far as possible and clean it.

also check the 510, I have been using a theoren copy which pushed the 510 pin too far, so when I put my lemo 2 back on it wouldnt connect at all. There are vids on YT on how to get to it. Its basically 4 small screws, pull on the battery tab and hold the plastic ontop of the positive pin at the top to stop the spring popping out.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Well, it seems to be working again. I did the push the fire button without a tank to trigger that new coil signal and selected new coil and it seems to work now. I did raise the temp from 400-440F to get it to stop hitting protection quite as fast. I'm not sure why this worked as I thought the new coil thing just reset the room temperature resistance, which I had tried manually before, without fixing my problem. Maybe it does something else? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread