Evil 902 Carto Stickers... And How to Tame Them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
Well folks, as many of you know I have been begging for either sticker-less cartos or ones that were made of plastic due to the peeling corners/seams on the sticker.

After using them without stickers for a spell, I have discovered that the stickers serve two purposes. One, they make the carto comfortable to hold in your teeth without biting on the metal cylinder, and two they actually insulate the metal tube which conducts a hellovalotta heat when you get em crankin during the 8 second battery drag.

Long story short, I wish these friggin stickers would stay on! Well viola! I figured it out.

Before you fill your carto for the first time do yourself a huge favor. Go get yourself some clear nailpolish (or "sealer", as was the one I found on my wifes bedside table) and paint half a drop worth of it from corner to corner on the sticker, all the way across the seam. It works wonders! Just be sure it dries completely. I waited about 15 minutes.

In doing this I have noticed no ill effects such as smell, taste, or heat issues.

Enjoy!

\m/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread