EVO going MANUAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
I've used a Titan manual battery. The button is located about 1cm from the atty end of the battery.

Yes, you do need to get used to positioning your finger or thumb on the button to activate it, but it isn't that difficult.

They do give you greater control / consistancy and for that reason alone many people prefer them.

Personally, I still prefer my EVO (obviously currently with auto batteries), but the manual battery will be fantastic for situations where the auto batteries have a tendancy to activate on their own. (eg loud music, driving, etc)

Thanks Angela. Do the batteries need to be any bigger?

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Any idea when we'll see these John? My old batteries are starting to get weak but I don't want to order new ones and then find the manual ones coming out the following week.

We have done a full review of the situation and decided that manual batteries would be a backward step. That's not the way we do things so we decided to make a battery that performs exceedingly well in all conditions. It's difficult to put a date on the launch as we insist on it being fully 'road tested' first - it won't be too far off now though as we have the technology!
Making sure that our liquid operation could cope with the huge demand has been the priority recently and that is now assured. It's a constant challenge keeping up with the rate of expansion (we took on another three staff in the last week) but it's brilliant to be part of something that flies in the face of the so-called recession!!:D
John.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Well, that sucks.

I've been watching this thread like a hawk, and when I finally get news, it negates my earlier squee.

Maybe *someone* will make us a m401 manual someday, anyway.

It's a bit like asking for a car ignition system that utilises contact breaker points instead of electronic ignition. We aim to supply a battery that will do everything that your manual batteries do (and more) without having to press a button that is just another mechanical device that could go wrong.
It's a bit Vorsprung Dursch Technik with a Northern accent!;-)
We will get there, because we want to and because we can.
Cheers.
John.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
Fair enough.

However, so far, my favorite thing about manual batts is that they can be sealed. I'm a dripper/dipper and I've sacrificed several batteries to the clogged switch gods already.

Not trying to be antagonistic, I swear, but is that something y'all are trying to address?

Of course we're trying, I have the draft of our first prototype designed for the discerning Tennessee vaper;)

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture2522-supavapa.jpg

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
Had my evo for little while now, I love it so far! The EVO atty (although I have nothing to compare it too) puts out alot of vapor and good thoat hit! Glad I went with the EVO for my first automatic e-cig. Keep up the good work intellicig ;)

Oh yes, although these are not intellicig brand batteries, innovapor.com just started carrying a chrome M401 Manual battery.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
We have done a full review of the situation and decided that manual batteries would be a backward step. That's not the way we do things so we decided to make a battery that performs exceedingly well in all conditions

I recently bought 3 manual m402 betteries from absolutely e-cigs (smoore) and the only thing they've made me do is appreciate the intellicig batteries. Apart from the pain of having to press the button (why is it not nearer the bottom of the battery - it's nearer the top of the fully assembled e-cig than the bottom) the battery life is abysmal. I'd say they last a fair bit less than half as long as the intelliciog mighty atom (MA) batteries (same dimensions as smoore 402) and they take a lot longer to recharge than the MA's. How much longer I don't know because I've yet to see the continuous fully charged light on them despite having charged them for up to 10 hours. The MA's on the other hand can often be charged in under 2 hours. A total waste of $36.

I don't know why I bother because anything I've ever bought outwith intellicig I've always ended up disappointed and came back to the intellicig gear. They clearly did their homework before they started out and I suspect it will be more of the same when these new batteries make an appearance. Personally I'm glad you've abandoned the manual switch idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread