Evod 1 reliability issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
How are they getting blocked? Dirt/dust/finger gunk? I've had Evods for years and never had this issue.

Crap in my pocket I suppose - but I only ever put it in my jacket pocket, and there's not much in there. My brother had to drill his too. They were reduced to clear so I bought 10 - most of them had died by the time I figured it out.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've had gunk buildup, more in Protanks (2 mini) as they last longer in the first place. I don't really expect a $2 EVOD tank to last more than a year. An old bit of guitar string fixes it (small wound string preferred). I don't see how blocked holes would kill them, that would be obtrusive by itself. You do know they have replaceable coils, right? And that cheap generic ones usually need the coils replaced soon, if not before first use? Preferably with cotton wicking as well.

ian-field

ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    I've had gunk buildup, more in Protanks (2 mini) as they last longer in the first place. I don't really expect a $2 EVOD tank to last more than a year. An old bit of guitar string fixes it (small wound string preferred). I don't see how blocked holes would kill them, that would be obtrusive by itself. You do know they have replaceable coils, right? And that cheap generic ones usually need the coils replaced soon, if not before first use? Preferably with cotton wicking as well.

The vent holes are there for a reason................

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread