Evod 2 and Evod Glass - Do single coil Protank heads fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestonG91

Apr 10, 2014
UK
Hey,

I'm looking to buy the Evod 2 but I have no interest in dual coils. I currently rebuild single coil Protank heads to use in my Unitank. I would like to know if I can use these single coil Protank heads in the Evod 2? If so, is there any notable differences such as change in air flow or increased chance of leaking using these heads instead of the Dual Coil ones?

If someone who has tested it can respond and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The problem with mixing dual coil devices with single coil heads is the height. I can say for a fact that MT3S/T3S single coil heads are pretty much the universal head as far as single coil head go. They fit EVODs,ARO's, PT's,, etc. When you add dual coil into the equation, the height becomes a key concern. In most cases no single coil head will fit a dual coil device. You can however, rebuild dual coil heads as single coil with enough wick.

WestonG91

Apr 10, 2014
UK
The problem with mixing dual coil devices with single coil heads is the height. I can say for a fact that MT3S/T3S single coil heads are pretty much the universal head as far as single coil head go. They fit EVODs,ARO's, PT's,, etc. When you add dual coil into the equation, the height becomes a key concern. In most cases no single coil head will fit a dual coil device. You can however, rebuild dual coil heads as single coil with enough wick.

Thanks,

I did notice the difference in length between the two heads and did think perhaps the protank heads may not reach the center pipe on the Evod 2. Bought a couple of the original Evods instead. I just needed something small and simple that takes rebuilt protank heads. The New Evod 2 and Glass do look quite nice with the metal drip tip though.

Adam78

Jan 14, 2013
Inner Space
I use the small Evod single coils in my AeroTank sometimes.

Just take a spare evod silicone cup and place it back to back with the other one, this'll fit over the Aerotank/Evod Glass/Evod 2 air tube and make a seal.

txzt.jpg

Last edited:

leerm8680

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Washington State
I use the small Evod single coils in my AeroTank sometimes.

Just take a spare evod silicone cup and place it back to back with the other one, this'll fit over the Aerotank/Evod Glass/Evod 2 air tube and make a seal.

txzt.jpg

Here is the difference between the two:
image.jpg

I didn't have a spare silicone cup, so I used some silicone washers to fill the gap.

SUMMARY: protank single coil head + silicone cup/washers + evod glass = sweet vaping.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter and I have been using the Evod Glass on Protank 2 Mini bases with Kanger single coils for a few weeks now, and really like them better than our Protank 2 Minis. When I was looking at different sites to get more information about the Evod Glass, I saw that Sweet Vapes advised that the Evod 2 does not use the same base as the original Evod, and cannot use the Evod single coils, but the Evod 2 is compatible with the base for the Protank 2 Mini.

murfection

Aug 27, 2014
edgewater fl
Hello I ordered some of the protank mini 2 bases for my evod glass. Not really sure if I ordered the right part to make this work. I got the actual bottom base is that what you use with the single coils or is it the middle base? When ordering i noticed there
is a middle base looks like it screws o to the glass part and there was a lower base. I tried my single coils with these bottom bases and it doesnt seem that the silicone piece is actually touching where it should be. Any insight on this would be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States
I just got two Evod Glasses and two PT2 mini bases after reading on this forum that it would allow me to use the single coil heads in the Glass. Even putting two silicone cups on the coil stem there's a pretty big gap between the silicone and the tube in the tank. I tried using both the Evod Glass bases and the PT2 bases, with Evod/Protank coils from two different sources. The only thing I can think of is you need the taller silicone cup from the old dual coil heads. Mine came with the current design dual coil heads that have rubber rings instead of the cups to seal against the tube. So I used two of the shorter single coil cups. Though the gap is big enough I'm doubtful even the taller cups would seal it. I'm not impressed by the dual coils either. I compared a couple juices in an original evod and the Glass. The Glass goes through liquid and battery charge at least twice as fast as the original, and flavor is pretty muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread