EVOD batteries require specific charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
JohnnyScience they aren't based in the US, so shipping can take from 3 weeks to infinity, depending on where you are located on the globe. :) Maybe you can buy one from the manufacturer if you must have one? I'm a bit confused about why the cord is such a dealbreaker for you, I mean, you already have what you need? I've owned one of those batteries with that charger, and it was perfectly fine, usable, and etc. If you must have one more quickly, why not check out the manufacturer's site or see if you can find one from a US based vendor.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

JohnnyScience

May 4, 2011
USA
What really attracts me to the EVOD is it's size - is there another "mod" option that offers the same slimline package? I'm not married to the EVOD, but it's a small compact system that is plenty for my needs so unless someone can show me a similar option, I'll just make sure I correctly pair the right charger and battery.

And these charges with tails are just messier & not as clean of a look compared to the stubbys - what can I say, I'm a weirdo! lol

But seriously if the option I am looking for exists, which it seems it does, I want to get it. I just knew there was a problem using random chargers, hence why I'm here and making sure I get the exact charger required.

I am ok with fasttech taking a few weeks. I am in Ohio and not in a rush, but that 10 pack for $9 shipped is a great deal for exactly what I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
What really attracts me to the EVOD is it's size - is there another "mod" option that offers the same size package? I'm not married to the EVOD, but it's a small compact system that is plenty for my needs so unless someone can show me a similar option, I'll just make sure I correctly pair the right charger and battery.

The only mods I am aware of are the Innokin vv3 and vv4. They are square instead and round, have VV and VW. They are my goto out and about setup and I always have a couple in my shirt pocket. I have more than a few of them. Most of mine cost less than $10.

You can read about them here.

The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What really attracts me to the EVOD is it's size - is there another "mod" option that offers the same slimline package? I'm not married to the EVOD, but it's a small compact system that is plenty for my needs so unless someone can show me a similar option, I'll just make sure I correctly pair the right charger and battery.

And these charges with tails are just messier & not as clean of a look compared to the stubbys - what can I say, I'm a weirdo! lol

But seriously if the option I am looking for exists, which it seems it does, I want to get it. I just knew there was a problem using random chargers, hence why I'm here and making sure I get the exact charger required.

I am ok with fasttech taking a few weeks. I am in Ohio and not in a rush, but that 10 pack for $9 shipped is a great deal for exactly what I want.
There are literately millions of the ego/evod type batteries out in the world and we have only heard of a handful of incidents. I would be willing to bet the majority of the incidents were caused by user error/using the wrong charger being the main reason.

If I liked the form factor of the evod batteries I would not be uncomfortable using them. In fact I did for at least 3 years. You just need to be aware that things can happen if they are not handled correctly. I personally would never have used a tailless charger. Mainly because I didn't want to take a chance of having one shoot across the room if something major happened. I also never left them unattended. The container I had them in (pyrex cup) while charging would most likely have contained a major problem but I wanted to be there if something did happen.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

The Innokin Endura line is my favorite ecig of this type to recommend. Check it out.
Endura Line

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread