The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

EVOD Battery Recall

Discussion in 'Announcements and News' started by sonicdsl, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dzabu11

dzabu11 Full Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Novi Sad, Serbia
  2. Kenavides

Kenavides Full Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Kadena, Okinawa, Japan
    Great to hear Kanger seems to be a pretty stand-up company. Thanks sonic for lookin out!

3. Amer Totounji

Amer Totounji Moved On

Jul 16, 2013
    California , USA
  4. Lucid CFL

Lucid CFL New Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Orlando
    Thanks for the info!

5. Geez thanks for that

6. sevin12

sevin12 New Member

Aug 18, 2013
    decherd,Tn,usa
  7. Brandy_

Brandy_ Full Member

Aug 5, 2013
    South Carolina
    I hope I don't have one of those.

8. eorganic

eorganic Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Dallas, TX
  9. Dregnar

Dregnar Full Member Verified Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Thanks for the info! I was considering buying Kanger products, and seeing that they're acting responsibly make me more comfortable about buying their products. Thanks again!

10. mobcittty

mobcittty Full Member Verified Member

May 16, 2013
    Alabama
    thanks for the post!

11. mk11

mk11 Full Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Dallas, TX, USA
    New to the forum and vaping. Glad to see I can rely on finding useful information here. Just ordered the Halo starter kit! So excited!! :)

12. apolloshiwo
    This message by apolloshiwo has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 22, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Aug 22, 2013
  13. -SMT-

-SMT- Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Thanks for the info.....

14. kuahara

kuahara New Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Texas
    Is there any specific information that identifies the battery other than "manufactured before 6/24/2013"? Would like to remove it from my inventory and I am going to contact factory and vendor reps, but the articles just tell a story. I could not find any other way to identify the battery in question.

15. cycertech
    This message by cycertech has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 24, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Aug 24, 2013
  16. Amdy
    This message by Amdy has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 26, 2013, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Aug 26, 2013
  17. iamniceify

iamniceify Full Member Verified Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Singapore
    waiting to get my hands on :p

18. SalkSpeerge
    This message by SalkSpeerge has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 27, 2013, Reason: Spam.
    Aug 27, 2013
  19. SalkSpeerge
    This message by SalkSpeerge has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Aug 27, 2013, Reason: Spam.
    Aug 27, 2013
  20. tjhessiii

tjhessiii Full Member

Supporting member
    Jul 6, 2013
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Driving back from the bay area Sunday I put my Kanger EVOD in my pants pocket and forgot to stash it powering the battery down. It got real hot and gave me quite a start! I pulled it out and powered it down remembering the post that said they could blow. I bought it from Heaven's Gifts and they notified me that my batteries may be one of the recalled even though I had just ordered the kit. Now I have (4) batteries and they all work fine!. Discount Vape told me that my battery is a 510 so now I know I can get them from anywhere. I now know when putting it away to power the battery down EVERY TIME! That is until I can find a pocket clip that fits the 0.555 diameter of the battery. I will keep the button toward the front of the shirt pocket or and unoccupied corner so it will not be actuated unintentionally. I also saw a post that the fires could be caused by using them right after charging so I let them rest after charging. This I can do since I have (4) of them:p

21. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm new to the site and vaping. It was good to see how quickly the community got the word out and in such a straight forward no drama way :).

22. dirkc

dirkc Full Member

i bought a kangertech evod last week here in south africa, i hope i dont have one of these batteries.

23. rasmith1959

rasmith1959 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    You don't have anything to worry about unless you bought it from Heaven's Gifts. Seems that this was the only vendor that received these recalled EVODS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

24. Nat79

Nat79 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Springfield, OR
    If using right off a charge can be an issue wouldn't a passthrough battery bea bad idea? I ask because that's what I have a 1100 mah passthrough. Must confess I bought at a cigarettes cheaper store and don't know who the manufacture is.

Sent from my iPhone [​IMG]

25. Will Radney

Will Radney Full Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Macon GA
    new poster here glad i saw this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.